Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight 20:46 - May 18 with 4499 viewsallezlesbleus

because of a few supporters blocking the away coach and letting off some flares.

Seems a bit OTT compared to the scenes at Anfield when Man City played there recently, although there have been a lot of crowd problems in Corsica recently, with away players being attacked on the pitch by "fans" at one match last season.
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:48 - May 18 with 4479 viewswkj

France are undoubtedly on the side of caution here, and I am sure they felt there was a significant risk to public safety

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:55 - May 18 with 4446 viewsallezlesbleus

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:48 - May 18 by wkj

France are undoubtedly on the side of caution here, and I am sure they felt there was a significant risk to public safety

Newspaper reports say that 40 "fans" attacked the Le Havre bus 300 metres from the ground. I can't believe that the CRS (Riot Squad) couldn't deal with 40 hooligans.
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 21:21 - May 18 with 4384 viewsHurleyBurley

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:48 - May 18 by wkj

It's technically still a police state following the terrorist attacks. The Macron govt is enjoying the extraordinary powers he currently has.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 22:58 - May 18 with 4230 viewsStokieBlue

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 21:21 - May 18 by HurleyBurley

It's technically still a police state following the terrorist attacks. The Macron govt is enjoying the extraordinary powers he currently has.

Yeah, it's just like living in Turkey, Iran, Russia or a host of other countries which are actually police states.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 09:48 - May 19 with 3999 viewsHurleyBurley

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 22:58 - May 18 by StokieBlue

Yeah, it's just like living in Turkey, Iran, Russia or a host of other countries which are actually police states.

SB

I doubt very much it's like living in Turkey, Iran or Russia at all.

That's why I said "technically". It was the first big word in my comment - I'm surprised you missed it.

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 10:18 - May 19 with 3956 viewsStokieBlue

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 09:48 - May 19 by HurleyBurley

I doubt very much it's like living in Turkey, Iran or Russia at all.

That's why I said "technically". It was the first big word in my comment - I'm surprised you missed it.

The word technically was then subsequently dismissed by your second sentence which said he was enjoying the powers he had which isn't really the case is it.

Why are you so down on everything in the West?

SB

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 14:44 - May 19 with 3865 viewsHurleyBurley

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 10:18 - May 19 by StokieBlue

The word technically was then subsequently dismissed by your second sentence which said he was enjoying the powers he had which isn't really the case is it.

Why are you so down on everything in the West?

SB

I'm not. I love the west. Why do you thank I'm Pazelle?

EDIT: Macron IS enjoying the extraordinary powers he has. As I understand it from people I know who live in France, he could very easily reduce the threat level, but like his predecessor appears unwilling to do so.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 14:55]

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 15:59 - May 20 with 3727 viewsStokieBlue

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 14:44 - May 19 by HurleyBurley

I'm not. I love the west. Why do you thank I'm Pazelle?

EDIT: Macron IS enjoying the extraordinary powers he has. As I understand it from people I know who live in France, he could very easily reduce the threat level, but like his predecessor appears unwilling to do so.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 14:55]

You've not given a single piece of evidence that he's enjoying the powers. In fact the word "enjoying" implies wrongdoing in this scenario.

Whether the threat level should be reduced (which is should) is different to him enjoying (and by implication abusing) the extra powers he currently has.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 16:39 - May 20 with 3696 viewswkj

Really its a tough decision-

If you don't do something at a potentially dangerous situation you have blood on your hands if something happens

If you do nothing at a potentially dangerous situation and nothing untoward happens, no one says much about it

but...

If you do something at a potentially dangerous situation you are slated to be overreacting because nothing bad ends up happening, but no one really knows if that is because of your action, or if it wouldn't have happened anyway

its a lose lose situation socially

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 18:23 - May 20 with 3646 viewsbrogansnose

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:55 - May 18 by allezlesbleus

Newspaper reports say that 40 "fans" attacked the Le Havre bus 300 metres from the ground. I can't believe that the CRS (Riot Squad) couldn't deal with 40 hooligans.

I'm surprised that its Ajaccio, they're hardly Bastia who do have a large contingent of nutbags. Aside from football tribalism , there's a large helping of Corsican Nationalism whenever either club plays a team from France.

Mind you , 40 fans ? I wouldn't put it past the local gendarmerie to possibly not want to tangle with any ultras because of 'come backs'.
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:02 - May 20 with 3577 viewsallezlesbleus

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 18:23 - May 20 by brogansnose

I'm surprised that its Ajaccio, they're hardly Bastia who do have a large contingent of nutbags. Aside from football tribalism , there's a large helping of Corsican Nationalism whenever either club plays a team from France.

Mind you , 40 fans ? I wouldn't put it past the local gendarmerie to possibly not want to tangle with any ultras because of 'come backs'.

Match is going ahead now, without any problems, as far as I can see. Currently 1-1, with the winners playing 3rd from bottom in League 1, Toulouse, on Wednesday, to see who will be playing in League 1 next season. Personally, I'd like Le Havre to come up, as they are only about an hour and a half drive from me.

As you say, Brogan, Ajaccio are not quite as well known for their mental element when compared to Bastia. I was just surprised at the small numbers which were causing the trouble on Friday...........and it didn't look as though there were a massive number of "onlookers" who may have also been tempted to get involved.
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:38 - May 20 with 3550 viewsallezlesbleus

Getting lively there now.......Ajaccio player has pushed the ref and got a red card in the 2nd half of extra time. Le Havre scored from the penalty spot (117 mins) and a Le Havre player has been attacked by Ajaccio players for taking the p*ss out of the Ajaccio supporters!

Edit:
The Le Havre player who scored and caused the fight has now been sent off with another Le Havre player, plus another Ajaccio player has been red carded. Now 9v9!

Edit:
Last minute equaliser, now penalties......
[Post edited 20 May 2018 20:46]
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 21:36 - May 20 with 3508 viewsm14_blue

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 20:38 - May 20 by allezlesbleus

Getting lively there now.......Ajaccio player has pushed the ref and got a red card in the 2nd half of extra time. Le Havre scored from the penalty spot (117 mins) and a Le Havre player has been attacked by Ajaccio players for taking the p*ss out of the Ajaccio supporters!

Edit:
The Le Havre player who scored and caused the fight has now been sent off with another Le Havre player, plus another Ajaccio player has been red carded. Now 9v9!

Edit:
Last minute equaliser, now penalties......
[Post edited 20 May 2018 20:46]

Blimey
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 22:40 - May 20 with 3468 viewsallezlesbleus

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 21:36 - May 20 by m14_blue

Blimey

I missed that the Ajaccio manager had also been sent off on 85 and that Ajaccio equalised on 120 +6 minutes and then won 5-3 on penalties. Mental match!
AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 02:11 - May 21 with 3406 viewsHurleyBurley

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 15:59 - May 20 by StokieBlue

You've not given a single piece of evidence that he's enjoying the powers. In fact the word "enjoying" implies wrongdoing in this scenario.

Whether the threat level should be reduced (which is should) is different to him enjoying (and by implication abusing) the extra powers he currently has.

SB

wow, waaaaaaay too serious

jeepers!

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 05:45 - May 21 with 3380 viewsbrogansnose

AJ Ajaccio v Le Havre play off match postponed tonight on 22:40 - May 20 by allezlesbleus

I missed that the Ajaccio manager had also been sent off on 85 and that Ajaccio equalised on 120 +6 minutes and then won 5-3 on penalties. Mental match!

Well, thats pleased Madam Brogan. She drives around with a Moors Head sticker on her car. She just laughed when I told her what was going on. Her brother also married a woman from Le Havre and she can't stand her or her family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024