Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly 20:46 - May 24 with 5508 viewsitfcjoe

Recruitment is often as much about luck than judgement.

Better to be a lucky general rather than a good one etc.

Let's hope if Evans can get Hurst tied up, he gets a bit of luck

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 22:29 - May 24 with 1077 viewstractorboy1978

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 22:08 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

I think you’re probably right, but a part of me thinks he may show a bit of loyalty and stay should he win promotion with them.

It will take a pretty hard nosed bloke to leave them within a week of getting promoted to the same division as us.
Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 23:47 - May 24 with 1029 viewsSuperfrans

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 20:58 - May 24 by PJH

Frank O'Farrell
Billy Bingham
Jimmy Scouler

First two certainly and third one probably.

That’s what it says in the Allard / Manning book, Ipswich Town Uncovred.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 23:51 - May 24 with 1027 viewsSuperfrans

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 21:28 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

Just got to hope, that Hurst rocks up here next week. Lose on Sunday, and I’m sure he’ll be our manager come Wednesday afternoon. Win, and I’m not so sure we’ll get him at all.

Can you imagine the reaction if he loses with the Shrews and we then hire him?

“He’s rubbish, can’t even win a play off final. A loser!”

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 08:27 - May 25 with 944 viewsHerbivore

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 22:08 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

I think you’re probably right, but a part of me thinks he may show a bit of loyalty and stay should he win promotion with them.

Not a chance imo. His stock will never be higher than it is now, if he takes Shrewsbury up the best he can hope to do is keep them in the Championship. Finishing 21st would be a fantastic achievement for them, but nobody really gives you much credit for finishing 21st. The pluses of staying are pretty minimal for him, he seems pretty shrewd and he'll know this is the best time for him to get a higher profile job.
[Post edited 25 May 2018 8:29]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 08:31 - May 25 with 935 viewsNo9

Frank O'Farrell
Billy Bingham
Jimmy Scouler

Certianly the first 2 but I don't recall Jimmy Scoular being mentioned as a possibility I do however remember Mr John ruling out Brian Clough.
Bobby Robson was 4th choice if I remember correctly on 08:50 - May 25 with 928 viewsBluespeed225

Frank O'Farrell
Billy Bingham
Jimmy Scouler

Quite correct. As an aside, watched an interesting doc’ about O’Farrells time at Man U the other night, 71-72’ Totally undermined by Busby and some players, Paddy Crerrand being the worst. Best was going off on one, he wanted to move Law and Charlton on as they were in their 30’s which didn’t go down well. Seemed a very decent man and had done a good job at Leicester.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024