Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst 10:34 - May 30 with 1615 viewsNick_Blue11

I will admit, I was always more keen on Ross purely because of the fearless attacking football St Mirren fans raved about in comparison to the slightly cagey hit a run stuff Shrewsbury played at times against Charlton.

However, I didn't realise quite how successful Hurst has been. He has promoted three of the four teams he's been with, took the other to Wembley twice when it wasn't expected. Hurst is a winner, he's never been sacked, never not exceeded expectations and comes here with a fantastic youthful foundation to build on.

If we cant all get behind him then there really is no hope for our fan base! Onward and Upwards!
Paul Hurst on 10:47 - May 30 with 1557 viewsBrianTablet

fearless attacking football St Mirren fans raved about in comparison to the slightly cagey hit a run stuff Shrewsbury played at times against Charlton

=

waistcoat

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Paul Hurst on 10:50 - May 30 with 1536 viewsSkuse4ballondor

I must admit a couple of weeks ago I was not that keen on Hurst. However, after the dust settled after Ross went to Sunderland I became increasingly impressed and encouraged by him, especially with the likes of Sherwood and Coleman being linked he seemed by far the most suitable realistic Candidate. He clearly has a good football brain and can perform on a small budget. If this is to be successful we must all get behind him.
Paul Hurst on 10:56 - May 30 with 1507 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Also ME did state that he liked the fact that Hurst had a very good knowledge of the English leagues. Presumably an area that Ross was weaker on.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Hurst on 11:05 - May 30 with 1479 viewsCoastalblue

I don't think we could have appointed a better candidate being realistic. As you say he has a track record of success yet still has lots to prove and seems happy and confident working with a tight budget.

I'm quite hopeful we will move on with him, I doubt it will happen overnight but I'm genuinely hopeful we can be challenging for the top six in 2-3 years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Paul Hurst on 12:17 - May 30 with 1353 viewsRyorry

Paul Hurst on 11:05 - May 30 by Coastalblue

I don't think we could have appointed a better candidate being realistic. As you say he has a track record of success yet still has lots to prove and seems happy and confident working with a tight budget.

I'm quite hopeful we will move on with him, I doubt it will happen overnight but I'm genuinely hopeful we can be challenging for the top six in 2-3 years.

The resume MontyRadio posted about him yesterday is interesting, I really like the cut of his jib & am feeling optimistic - both for more attractive football, and to get us much further towards where we want to be ...

See 5th post down on p2
‘His attitude to the fans was pathetic’ ‘plays his favourites’ by tractorboy7777 29 May 2018 7:40
Some very interesting comments on this football forum. Sounds a lot like another McCarthy type...

We may rue not offering the job to Ross but worth giving this guy a go.

https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/paul-hurst-next-ipswich-town-manager.20012/#post-783806

[Post edited 30 May 2018 12:19]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024