Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the point? 13:07 - Jun 14 with 18989 viewsStokieBlue

Totally idiotic behaviour:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/bunch-idiots-destroy-320000000-years-history-stup

I used to go rock climbing there years and years ago when I was in the scouts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 13:09 - Jun 14 with 5902 viewsJ2BLUE

This kind of thing really gets to me. They should get a very harsh punishment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the point? on 13:12 - Jun 14 with 5889 viewsBrixtonBlue

Kids messing about have pushed a rock of a crag. It's the sort of dumb thing all kids do since time immemorial. How on earth is this a police matter?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 13:15 - Jun 14 with 5861 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 13:12 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Kids messing about have pushed a rock of a crag. It's the sort of dumb thing all kids do since time immemorial. How on earth is this a police matter?

Seriously?

Truly impaired.

What's the point? on 13:19 - Jun 14 with 5852 viewsStokieBlue

A well known and visited local landmark which has been there for 20,000 years has been destroyed.

It's fine though, it was only kids messing about.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 13:42 - Jun 14 with 5777 viewsjudespiveyg

I'll bet those guys were roughly my age, mid to late teens. I would be truly ashamed and digusted if any of my mates did any sort of mindless vandalism, let alone to a millions of year old natural monument such as this. It's not 'all kids', it's only chavs who get a kick out of this sort of thing.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

What's the point? on 13:53 - Jun 14 with 5750 viewsSpruceMoose

Typical metropolitan elite response.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the point? on 19:10 - Jun 14 with 5629 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 13:09 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

This kind of thing really gets to me. They should get a very harsh punishment.

Seriously?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 19:11 - Jun 14 with 5626 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 13:19 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

A well known and visited local landmark which has been there for 20,000 years has been destroyed.

It's fine though, it was only kids messing about.

SB

Did I say it was fine?

No. It's not. But I don't see how it's a police matter.

Login to get fewer ads

What's the point? on 19:13 - Jun 14 with 5616 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 13:53 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Typical metropolitan elite response.

No idea what this means. I'm neither metropolitan nor elite.

What's the point? on 19:15 - Jun 14 with 5607 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 13:15 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Seriously?

Yes. It's not a statue, it's not a war memorial. How can you call pushing a rock over vandalism? Who owns the rock?

It's annoying I agree. And I don't condone it. What do you mean by a very harsh punishment?

What's the point? on 19:17 - Jun 14 with 5600 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 13:42 - Jun 14 by judespiveyg

I'll bet those guys were roughly my age, mid to late teens. I would be truly ashamed and digusted if any of my mates did any sort of mindless vandalism, let alone to a millions of year old natural monument such as this. It's not 'all kids', it's only chavs who get a kick out of this sort of thing.

You have no idea how old they are. It could be little kids who don't know the significance.

What's the point? on 19:19 - Jun 14 with 5592 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 19:15 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Yes. It's not a statue, it's not a war memorial. How can you call pushing a rock over vandalism? Who owns the rock?

It's annoying I agree. And I don't condone it. What do you mean by a very harsh punishment?

Well, it's on National Trust owned property so...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What's the point? on 19:23 - Jun 14 with 5587 viewsHennikerBlu

What's the point? on 19:11 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Did I say it was fine?

No. It's not. But I don't see how it's a police matter.

Having not visited the site personally, my guess would be there would be plenty of notices explaining the importance of the site historically and that the land is a protected and owned National Trust site. Therefore any vandalism is no different to damaging anyone's property and therefore is a criminal act.

A real shame as it is irreplaceable, sincerely, hope they find those responsible.
What's the point? on 19:34 - Jun 14 with 5559 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 19:23 - Jun 14 by HennikerBlu

Having not visited the site personally, my guess would be there would be plenty of notices explaining the importance of the site historically and that the land is a protected and owned National Trust site. Therefore any vandalism is no different to damaging anyone's property and therefore is a criminal act.

A real shame as it is irreplaceable, sincerely, hope they find those responsible.

Did you actually look at the article? Not a single sign or notice in any of the pictures.

Even if it is a National Trust site, I'm not sure how you can bring criminal proceedings against kids pushing a rock over. A telling off certainly.

What do you hope for the punishment? Imprisonment?

What's the point? on 19:39 - Jun 14 with 5543 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 19:34 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Did you actually look at the article? Not a single sign or notice in any of the pictures.

Even if it is a National Trust site, I'm not sure how you can bring criminal proceedings against kids pushing a rock over. A telling off certainly.

Stoning.

What's the point? on 19:40 - Jun 14 with 5542 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 19:15 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Can't believe some of the things you get wound up about but think this is no big deal.

Just hate that something so historic was destroyed by stupidity. Is it appropriate to punish them severely? Perhaps not but I would like to see it just as a measure of revenge. Stupidity needs to be punished when important things are destroyed.

Truly impaired.

What's the point? on 19:44 - Jun 14 with 5528 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 19:40 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Can't believe some of the things you get wound up about but think this is no big deal.

Just hate that something so historic was destroyed by stupidity. Is it appropriate to punish them severely? Perhaps not but I would like to see it just as a measure of revenge. Stupidity needs to be punished when important things are destroyed.

Perhaps advertising is the heartless profession they say it is

Sorry Dolly, if you can't see the tragedy here then you have the soul of a cardboard box salesman, not a poet.

What's the point? on 19:46 - Jun 14 with 5523 viewsDeano69

Shouldn’t need a sign to confirm you are not supposed to wreck something that doesn’t belong to you.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What's the point? on 19:52 - Jun 14 with 5508 viewsHennikerBlu

Not really sure of your argumentative response here, yes I did read the article and in my experience of entering NT areas there is usually signage at the approach (and pictures explaining the points of interest), you are not going to put it right up against an object of great natural beauty and of historical interest are you. You are assuming kids, the article says 'five youths', we simply do not know, not sure why kids would be unaccompanied in a fairly remote area though. Google it and you will see.

I have stated 'held responsible', what that means is a matter for the CPS, I appreciate young people do silly things but that does not mean they should not be held to account. You seem to be over reacting.
What's the point? on 19:57 - Jun 14 with 5486 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 19:40 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

I can see where you're coming from and it is annoying ...but if it was just kids messing around thinking it's 'cool' to push a big rock over and watch it smash - haven't we all done daft stuff like that when we were young, without realising the significance?

What's the point? on 19:57 - Jun 14 with 5486 viewsjudespiveyg

What's the point? on 19:17 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

You have no idea how old they are. It could be little kids who don't know the significance.

You think little kids would have the strength to push that rock.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

What's the point? on 20:01 - Jun 14 with 5465 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 19:57 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

I can see where you're coming from and it is annoying ...but if it was just kids messing around thinking it's 'cool' to push a big rock over and watch it smash - haven't we all done daft stuff like that when we were young, without realising the significance?

No, I missed the stage of adolescence where I went to National Trust properties and smashed stuff up. Think most folk did to be fair.

But even if you are correct, isn't the point now that they should be made to realise the significance of their actions?

What's the point? on 20:02 - Jun 14 with 5464 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 19:46 - Jun 14 by Deano69

Shouldn’t need a sign to confirm you are not supposed to wreck something that doesn’t belong to you.

Jesus Christ, I didn't say you did. I was replying to the poster who said there were probably signs.

And please remember we are not talking about a monument, a building, a car. It's a rock. It's part of the planet.

Please also note I have not condoned it. I've merely said I don't see how it's a police matter.

What's the point? on 20:03 - Jun 14 with 5457 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 20:02 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Jesus Christ, I didn't say you did. I was replying to the poster who said there were probably signs.

And please remember we are not talking about a monument, a building, a car. It's a rock. It's part of the planet.

Please also note I have not condoned it. I've merely said I don't see how it's a police matter.

When is vandalism on National Trust properties not a police matter, Dolly?

What's the point? on 20:06 - Jun 14 with 5449 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 19:52 - Jun 14 by HennikerBlu

Not really sure of your argumentative response here, yes I did read the article and in my experience of entering NT areas there is usually signage at the approach (and pictures explaining the points of interest), you are not going to put it right up against an object of great natural beauty and of historical interest are you. You are assuming kids, the article says 'five youths', we simply do not know, not sure why kids would be unaccompanied in a fairly remote area though. Google it and you will see.

I have stated 'held responsible', what that means is a matter for the CPS, I appreciate young people do silly things but that does not mean they should not be held to account. You seem to be over reacting.

*I* seem to be overreacting!

I'm not being argumentative, I just can't see any signage in any of the pictures.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024