Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood 22:00 - Jun 17 with 1800 viewsFtnfwest

Probably not quite enough
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:05 - Jun 17 with 1792 viewsWestover

Agree sorry to say pity the put at the 18th didn't drop 😥
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:09 - Jun 17 with 1781 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The way it has been playing generally, it only takes Koepka to drop 1 more shot and nobody else to birdie more than they drop. I could certainly see him being involved in a play-off. If he is, will having sat in the clubhouse help or hinder him?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:12 - Jun 17 with 1772 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:09 - Jun 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

The way it has been playing generally, it only takes Koepka to drop 1 more shot and nobody else to birdie more than they drop. I could certainly see him being involved in a play-off. If he is, will having sat in the clubhouse help or hinder him?

I actually quite fancy Johnson.

I mean to win!

His second nine yesterday were comparable to Fleetwood's round today. Then again, his first nine yesterday are why he is not walking away with it. Too much luck involved thanks to a very poor course but could make it an interesting finish.

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:12 - Jun 17 with 1772 viewsFtnfwest

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:09 - Jun 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Going to be close but I just think there’s one or two too many in the shake up for them all to not pick up a shot or two somewhere
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:21 - Jun 17 with 1756 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:12 - Jun 17 by Ftnfwest

Going to be close but I just think there’s one or two too many in the shake up for them all to not pick up a shot or two somewhere

Could easily be a drop on this one from Koepka.

I think, on this course, I would rather be in the clubhouse on Fleetwood's score than out there playing (assuming I had their ability).

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:23 - Jun 17 with 1753 viewsFtnfwest

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:21 - Jun 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Could easily be a drop on this one from Koepka.

I think, on this course, I would rather be in the clubhouse on Fleetwood's score than out there playing (assuming I had their ability).

Too true, it’s amazing what pressure does even when the course is a lot kinder
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:30 - Jun 17 with 1745 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:23 - Jun 17 by Ftnfwest

Too true, it’s amazing what pressure does even when the course is a lot kinder

and the lack of pressure appeared to do to McIlroy, Fleetwood and Johnson at times too.

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:34 - Jun 17 with 1737 viewsFtnfwest

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:30 - Jun 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

and the lack of pressure appeared to do to McIlroy, Fleetwood and Johnson at times too.

McIlroy in particular puts pressure on himself inadvertently by ‘bigging’ Himself up all the time
Login to get fewer ads

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:53 - Jun 17 with 1708 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That might be the shot that wins it.

Going to need to mess up badly now.

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:56 - Jun 17 with 1700 viewsFtnfwest

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:53 - Jun 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

That might be the shot that wins it.

Going to need to mess up badly now.

Yep koepkas pretty solid to be fair
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:59 - Jun 17 with 1697 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 22:56 - Jun 17 by Ftnfwest

Yep koepkas pretty solid to be fair

If he finishes evens or below par he has been fantastically consistent over the tournament considering the conditions.

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 23:20 - Jun 17 with 1683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Got away with that hasn't he?

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 08:27 - Jun 18 with 1590 viewsartsbossbeard

I really hope that the USGA take note over this weekend as they nearly got things spot on with the course set up.

It certainly makes a change from the other US course golf I've watched recently with all the wide fairways & perfectly manicured greens plus no wind or breeze to contend with. Top players can simply sleepwalk around these without breaking sweat or thinking too hard. Give them a proper test, it's major title.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 8:32]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 09:09 - Jun 18 with 1562 viewstcblue

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 08:27 - Jun 18 by artsbossbeard

I really hope that the USGA take note over this weekend as they nearly got things spot on with the course set up.

It certainly makes a change from the other US course golf I've watched recently with all the wide fairways & perfectly manicured greens plus no wind or breeze to contend with. Top players can simply sleepwalk around these without breaking sweat or thinking too hard. Give them a proper test, it's major title.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 8:32]

Not sure if this is trolling. The setup on Saturday was a joke, the greens and pin placements were akin to inviting the best snooker players in the world to a tournament on a 20 foot long table and televising a bunch of grumpy snooker players who couldn't make a pot.

The problem the USGA has is that they make the US Open 'unique' by having tough courses, but the majority of times this is achieved by very brute force moves like drying out greens to make them rock hard, growing the rough to waist high, moving the tees back, all of which results in slower play and a boring watch.

Really the only course on the circuit recently which genuinely plays a fair, tough game is Bethpage.

Masters, the Open and then everything else is fluff unless they do something to make them more meaningful. Rory got that spot on.
Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 09:34 - Jun 18 with 1549 viewsartsbossbeard

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 09:09 - Jun 18 by tcblue

Not sure if this is trolling. The setup on Saturday was a joke, the greens and pin placements were akin to inviting the best snooker players in the world to a tournament on a 20 foot long table and televising a bunch of grumpy snooker players who couldn't make a pot.

The problem the USGA has is that they make the US Open 'unique' by having tough courses, but the majority of times this is achieved by very brute force moves like drying out greens to make them rock hard, growing the rough to waist high, moving the tees back, all of which results in slower play and a boring watch.

Really the only course on the circuit recently which genuinely plays a fair, tough game is Bethpage.

Masters, the Open and then everything else is fluff unless they do something to make them more meaningful. Rory got that spot on.

NEARLY got it spot on. The concept was great, the execution wasn't.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 10:13 - Jun 18 with 1530 viewstcblue

Incredible round by tommy fleetwood on 09:34 - Jun 18 by artsbossbeard

NEARLY got it spot on. The concept was great, the execution wasn't.

Hmm. It was miles off, IMO. And has been many occasions before. The USGA just don't learn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024