Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fuel prices up? 09:17 - Jul 4 with 4002 viewsNo9

Are the government really going to increase duty on fuel & booze- after all they said ?

https://news.sky.com/story/fuel-and-alcohol-duty-freeze-to-be-lifted-to-help-fun

Perhaps if they had not been so generous with tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy + stopped generous corporate welfare this would not be necessary

Punish the less than well off is back on the agenda

This post has been edited by an administrator
Fuel prices up? on 12:18 - Jul 4 with 1660 viewsNo9

Fuel prices up? on 12:07 - Jul 4 by Bluefish

People choose to be self employed or zero hours to give them flexibility. People also like self employed to dodge income tax but that is another matter.

How long until you talk about a made up corbyn utopia or Venezuela?

It is a lie that many people chose to be self employed.
It is also a lie that many people chose zero hour contracts.

Both happen often but not always out of choice.

Big companies in other countries are very successful

If low taxes are a saviour why are there so many business failures - many high profile - in the UK?

Why do big companies in other countries pay high wages and prosper?
Fuel prices up? on 12:25 - Jul 4 with 1656 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Fuel prices up? on 11:53 - Jul 4 by No9

If high corp tax is bad why are there so many companies in countries where tax is higher than the Uk doing so well?
If if low taxation increases high employment why are there so many self employed and people on zero hr contracts?
& why do the ROSCO's who make £Bns in profits employ so few people ?

Your arggument is flawed= you should have stuck with don't know

Are you saying companies don’t headquarter themselves in Ireland to avoid UK Corp tax?

A specific example:- Take 2 productions (a video game company) relocated from the UK to Switzerland for tax purposes and then came back when Osborne brought in industry specific tax arrangements
Fuel prices up? on 12:25 - Jul 4 with 1655 viewsBluefish

Fuel prices up? on 12:18 - Jul 4 by No9

It is a lie that many people chose to be self employed.
It is also a lie that many people chose zero hour contracts.

Both happen often but not always out of choice.

Big companies in other countries are very successful

If low taxes are a saviour why are there so many business failures - many high profile - in the UK?

Why do big companies in other countries pay high wages and prosper?

I don't know a single self employed person that doesn't choose to be self employed. I have met people that have switched from one to the other depends on which suits best at that time.

You cannot compare countries ffs. It is impossible to start again with a country and go "right we are going to run things like them from now on" evey country is different with different people, laws, economies and history. You are living in a fantasy world.

It is like me waking up and saying in am going to live like my millionaire mate from now on. He spends thousands per week and is doing well so ok should start doing the same

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Fuel prices up? on 12:31 - Jul 4 with 1644 viewsBluefish

Fuel prices up? on 12:25 - Jul 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Are you saying companies don’t headquarter themselves in Ireland to avoid UK Corp tax?

A specific example:- Take 2 productions (a video game company) relocated from the UK to Switzerland for tax purposes and then came back when Osborne brought in industry specific tax arrangements

All he can see is that rich people and businesses should be forced to pay for poorer people. The fact that rich people or businesses could move elsewhere doesn't compute with him because Corbyn says so.

Fuel prices up? on 12:36 - Jul 4 with 1635 viewsdickie

Fuel prices up? on 12:07 - Jul 4 by Bluefish

People choose to be self employed or zero hours to give them flexibility. People also like self employed to dodge income tax but that is another matter.

How long until you talk about a made up corbyn utopia or Venezuela?

Balls. How many people do you actually know on zero hours contracts? I know many and for them it's a needs must situation and they'd much rather have a proper contract
Fuel prices up? on 12:46 - Jul 4 with 1621 viewstcblue

Amazing that there's still supporters of Reaganomics.
Fuel prices up? on 12:49 - Jul 4 with 1617 viewsBluefish

Fuel prices up? on 12:36 - Jul 4 by dickie

Balls. How many people do you actually know on zero hours contracts? I know many and for them it's a needs must situation and they'd much rather have a proper contract

I don't know anyone on zero hours well enough to talk to about it. I have spoken to randoms in the past who have said it suits them, students mainly but also some young mums.

The fact that I don't know anyone that is complaining about zero hours is a positive thing

I know lots of self-employed as I mentioned

Fuel prices up? on 13:20 - Jul 4 with 1594 viewsjeera

Fuel prices up? on 12:25 - Jul 4 by Bluefish

I don't know a single self employed person that doesn't choose to be self employed. I have met people that have switched from one to the other depends on which suits best at that time.

You cannot compare countries ffs. It is impossible to start again with a country and go "right we are going to run things like them from now on" evey country is different with different people, laws, economies and history. You are living in a fantasy world.

It is like me waking up and saying in am going to live like my millionaire mate from now on. He spends thousands per week and is doing well so ok should start doing the same

"am going to live like my millionaire mate from now on. "

You have a mate?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Fuel prices up? on 13:24 - Jul 4 with 1589 viewsBluefish

Fuel prices up? on 13:20 - Jul 4 by jeera

"am going to live like my millionaire mate from now on. "

You have a mate?

I was talking about you

Fuel prices up? on 13:34 - Jul 4 with 1581 viewsNo9

Fuel prices up? on 12:25 - Jul 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

Are you confusing N.I. with RoI?
Fuel prices up? on 13:42 - Jul 4 with 1577 viewsNo9

There are, in the UK, many people who have been forced into going self employed not only by companies who don't want them on the books e.g. Uber etc. but also HMRC who bully people into going self employed. I know many self employed people who can't get more than about 50 hours a month work.
Zero hours contracts are just that and would be acceptable to some IF there were equitable T's & C's e.g. non exclusivity agreements but that doesn't happen often hence the numbers of Court case you seem to have missed.

You have stated that low tax countries are the most successful and have the most successful companies, that clearly isn't true.

The fantasy is between you & your millionaire mate
Fuel prices up? on 13:49 - Jul 4 with 1570 viewsBluefish

Fuel prices up? on 13:42 - Jul 4 by No9

There are, in the UK, many people who have been forced into going self employed not only by companies who don't want them on the books e.g. Uber etc. but also HMRC who bully people into going self employed. I know many self employed people who can't get more than about 50 hours a month work.
Zero hours contracts are just that and would be acceptable to some IF there were equitable T's & C's e.g. non exclusivity agreements but that doesn't happen often hence the numbers of Court case you seem to have missed.

You have stated that low tax countries are the most successful and have the most successful companies, that clearly isn't true.

The fantasy is between you & your millionaire mate

It is pointless trying to talk you and your fantasy world. You carry on being angry because your Corbyn dreamworld will never ever happen and I'll continue to enjoy the world we live in.

Fuel prices up? on 13:56 - Jul 4 with 1561 viewsGeoffSentence

Hang on, on the previous page you were arguing that companies woud upsticks and leave the UK if corporate tax rates went up. You can't have it both ways.

Anyway UK corporation tax is already the second lowest in the G20 well below that of our main competitors, there is plenty of room for maneuver

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Fuel prices up? on 13:58 - Jul 4 with 1555 viewsNo9

Fuel prices up? on 13:49 - Jul 4 by Bluefish

It is pointless trying to talk you and your fantasy world. You carry on being angry because your Corbyn dreamworld will never ever happen and I'll continue to enjoy the world we live in.

Well if we ever neede to see you have lost the arguement this is it.

Quite clearly you have no idea about the world of business
Fuel prices up? on 14:03 - Jul 4 with 1551 viewsBluefish

Fuel prices up? on 13:58 - Jul 4 by No9

Well if we ever neede to see you have lost the arguement this is it.

Quite clearly you have no idea about the world of business

No i am just fed up with arguing with a moron in a fantasy world. Enjoy your life our bitterness because your fantasy world never happens. One day you will look back on a wasted life and a wasted opportunity

Fuel prices up? on 14:09 - Jul 4 with 1541 viewsNo9

Fuel prices up? on 14:03 - Jul 4 by Bluefish

No i am just fed up with arguing with a moron in a fantasy world. Enjoy your life our bitterness because your fantasy world never happens. One day you will look back on a wasted life and a wasted opportunity

Having lost the arguement you have now lost the plot.

It's a big world out there - go and find it before it's to late
Fuel prices up? on 18:37 - Jul 4 with 1501 viewsjeera

Fuel prices up? on 13:24 - Jul 4 by Bluefish

I was talking about you

Aw.

I'm afraid I lost all my money though chap.

Flattered nonetheless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024