Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Southgate 09:26 - Jul 4 with 2256 viewsRudyard83

Well as it's coming home, he must have some sort of connection with us. Anyone got any def info on how he has connections with us?
Gareth Southgate on 09:28 - Jul 4 with 2242 viewsDanFord

Didn't he once score a penalty down the North Stand end for Palace in a 2-2 draw? That was almost the first I'd heard of him. Must have been about 1993ish. If so, then we probably started his penalty taking education and ethos.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Gareth Southgate on 09:30 - Jul 4 with 2237 viewsPhilTWTD

Gareth Southgate on 09:28 - Jul 4 by DanFord

Didn't he once score a penalty down the North Stand end for Palace in a 2-2 draw? That was almost the first I'd heard of him. Must have been about 1993ish. If so, then we probably started his penalty taking education and ethos.

I think he missed didn't he? I seem to recall it being cited as the only time he had previously missed at Euro 96. Or maybe it was the only time he'd taken one, I forget.
Gareth Southgate on 09:34 - Jul 4 with 2229 viewsDanFord

Gareth Southgate on 09:30 - Jul 4 by PhilTWTD

I think he missed didn't he? I seem to recall it being cited as the only time he had previously missed at Euro 96. Or maybe it was the only time he'd taken one, I forget.

You are right. Just looked it up. Dozzell got our two and they scored through Armstrong and someone else who I have now forgotten who isn't Southgate. 1992. So yeah we were presumably his first penalty disappointment and part of his journey to knowing who to pick to win a shootout. #Clutching.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Gareth Southgate on 09:51 - Jul 4 with 2203 viewswkj

Ipswich has Southgate Sixth form - As a joke the public believe it is Northgate, but true Ipswich fans know the truth

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Gareth Southgate on 09:58 - Jul 4 with 2176 viewsGuthrum

Just need to do a bit of creative genealogy to link him to the Bury/Ipswich Southgates.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Gareth Southgate on 10:01 - Jul 4 with 2172 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Ipswich was originally known as Gippeswyk, beginning with a G, as does Gareth.

Ipswich is, technically, in the southern half of the country, hence South.

And that village in the Shotley peninsula? Oh yeah, Shotley-GATE.
Gareth Southgate on 10:08 - Jul 4 with 2151 viewshoppy

Gareth Southgate on 10:01 - Jul 4 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Ipswich was originally known as Gippeswyk, beginning with a G, as does Gareth.

Ipswich is, technically, in the southern half of the country, hence South.

And that village in the Shotley peninsula? Oh yeah, Shotley-GATE.

That's good enough...

It's no more of a stretch than a lot of def info seen on here at times.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Gareth Southgate on 10:34 - Jul 4 with 2118 viewsfarkenhell

Gareth Southgate on 09:34 - Jul 4 by DanFord

You are right. Just looked it up. Dozzell got our two and they scored through Armstrong and someone else who I have now forgotten who isn't Southgate. 1992. So yeah we were presumably his first penalty disappointment and part of his journey to knowing who to pick to win a shootout. #Clutching.

Yes, I remember that game. Real see-saw (1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2). We missed a penalty as well, which I think was at 0-0. Southgate missed his towards the end, would have been the winner for Palace.
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Southgate on 11:51 - Jul 4 with 2038 viewsGet_reail

Gareth Southgate on 09:34 - Jul 4 by DanFord

Correct. Pretty sure he hit the post at the North stand end in the last minute. Talks about it (without mentioning us directly) here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/07/02/gareth-southgate-using-bitter-f
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 11:51]
Gareth Southgate on 18:34 - Jul 4 with 1915 viewsfarkenhell

Gareth Southgate on 11:51 - Jul 4 by Get_reail

Correct. Pretty sure he hit the post at the North stand end in the last minute. Talks about it (without mentioning us directly) here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2018/07/02/gareth-southgate-using-bitter-f
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 11:51]

It was. We missed one in front of the NS at the beginning of the match and Southgate missed one at the same end near the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024