Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just home from the game 21:57 - Jul 17 with 5248 viewsTractorchef

Thought we looked pretty comfortable without really creating too much, especially second half. I really like Woolfenden and Downes, thought all of the academy lads looked ok. Sears was pretty ineffective, don’t see where he’ll fit in to be honest. Edwards looks like a good signing, breezed past his man with ease a few times, put a couple of decent balls in but nobody there to get on the end of it.
Passed the ball around a lot but it was a bit too slow to cause too many problems. Very controlled and some positive signs.
Just home from the game on 22:08 - Jul 17 with 5088 viewsWebbyWebster

Considering Edwards won't have played with the lads before very promising in my opinion, once he understands his role could be a hell of a player
Just home from the game on 22:19 - Jul 17 with 4949 viewslinhdi

Just home from the game on 22:08 - Jul 17 by WebbyWebster

Considering Edwards won't have played with the lads before very promising in my opinion, once he understands his role could be a hell of a player

Nydam worked well, Woolfie was OK too. Much better performance than Saturday, real shape tonight.
Just home from the game on 22:23 - Jul 17 with 4898 viewsfooters

Just home from the game on 22:19 - Jul 17 by linhdi

Nydam worked well, Woolfie was OK too. Much better performance than Saturday, real shape tonight.

Worth going Saturday, then? Was wavering after the last result!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just home from the game on 22:32 - Jul 17 with 4752 viewsHennikerBlu

Thanks for taking time to share.
Just home from the game on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 4661 viewstractorshark

Fair assessment.
Started brightly and thought it was going to be a rout.
Then lost our way and lacked creativity in midfield.
Standout players were Waghorn who was excellent and Edwards who is certainly far more improved than when I used to see him playing for Crawley. More direct, more pace and more end product. Early days but I’ll eat humble pie on this one because he’s developed significantly since I last saw him.
Woolfenden played well, Spence was ok, along with Skuse.
Chambers was given a tough time by their big no9 but once he went off, he dominated the second half.
My only gripe remains the lack of invention going forwards.
Sears was average and barely touched the ball when he went central in the second half.
And Ward is still too inconsistent and lightweight.
Just home from the game on 23:01 - Jul 17 with 4534 viewsDurovigutum

Neat and tidy but not enough end product. I enjoyed it though and I caught up with an old friend.
Just home from the game on 23:07 - Jul 17 with 4482 viewsmos

Who did the pass for Ward’s goal? It was a delightful ball, cutting through the defence like a hot knife through butter!

Other than that, with a quick glance at the match report I saw that we lacked creativity at times with the midfield; I’ve thought for years we’ve lacked this, I think it is probably time for Hurst to buy a creative midfielder, however they don’t come cheap. So unless Nydam, Bishop, Dozzell (whom I’m hoping on) or Huws can do that job, then I think we need one put in place.

Besides the above, good to see Edwards putting in a solid performance, and good to see Nydam getting game time, hope to see more of Nydam for the coming season.

When you look at our squad now, with a couple more additions (possibly a centre-halve, striker/midfielder and possibly a winger) we look like we could go anywhere with the right team spirit and managerial motivation, I suppose that’s how Huddersfield did it last year.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Just home from the game on 23:17 - Jul 17 with 4435 viewsreusersfreekicks

Was impressed by how much we sought to pass it out from the back and generally by plsyers showing for the ball. Thought Waghorn, new bloke, Downes and Needham played well whilst the defence was commanding. In second half when Sears went up front on his own we lost all attacking focus sadly. Other concern was Kenlock defensively, though he did look good going forward. Very nice setting for a footie match!
Login to get fewer ads

Just home from the game on 23:26 - Jul 17 with 4384 viewstractorshark

Just home from the game on 23:07 - Jul 17 by mos

Who did the pass for Ward’s goal? It was a delightful ball, cutting through the defence like a hot knife through butter!

Other than that, with a quick glance at the match report I saw that we lacked creativity at times with the midfield; I’ve thought for years we’ve lacked this, I think it is probably time for Hurst to buy a creative midfielder, however they don’t come cheap. So unless Nydam, Bishop, Dozzell (whom I’m hoping on) or Huws can do that job, then I think we need one put in place.

Besides the above, good to see Edwards putting in a solid performance, and good to see Nydam getting game time, hope to see more of Nydam for the coming season.

When you look at our squad now, with a couple more additions (possibly a centre-halve, striker/midfielder and possibly a winger) we look like we could go anywhere with the right team spirit and managerial motivation, I suppose that’s how Huddersfield did it last year.

Waghorn put the ball through for the goal.
Dozzell looked a bit lost tonight.
Pitch was difficult, grass a little long, so passing was made harder.
Just home from the game on 23:27 - Jul 17 with 4374 viewsmos

Just home from the game on 23:26 - Jul 17 by tractorshark

Waghorn put the ball through for the goal.
Dozzell looked a bit lost tonight.
Pitch was difficult, grass a little long, so passing was made harder.

What a bargain Waghorn has been.

The lack of having a creative midfielder is a real concern, we haven’t had one in ages.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

Just home from the game on 23:52 - Jul 17 with 4255 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just home from the game on 23:27 - Jul 17 by mos

What a bargain Waghorn has been.

The lack of having a creative midfielder is a real concern, we haven’t had one in ages.

Let’s get Nolan.
Just home from the game on 00:28 - Jul 18 with 4157 viewsmos

Just home from the game on 23:52 - Jul 17 by OsborneOneNil

Let’s get Nolan.

I don’t know what he’s like, but I’m pretty sure he is that type of creative/attack minded midfielder. And PH would know him inside out too, he’d be used correctly.

Just home from the game on 07:57 - Jul 18 with 3671 viewsallezlesbleus

I like Hurst's comments. A sprinkling of praise for a few players, but then a mention of things what they can improve on. I think all the players know that they have to be on top of all aspects of their game now, whereas with Mick, he would seem to be forgiving on certain weaknesses, as long as players where stronger in other departments.

The message to me seems to be that PH and his team are looking at all player's individually and trying to give each player advice (or a rollocking) where needed. This can only be a good thing for each player individually and the team as a whole. Those who don't want to listen or are too lazy won't be around for long.
Just home from the game on 08:02 - Jul 18 with 3648 viewsWestcountryblue

Just home from the game on 00:28 - Jul 18 by mos

I don’t know what he’s like, but I’m pretty sure he is that type of creative/attack minded midfielder. And PH would know him inside out too, he’d be used correctly.

I get the impression that we will wait for Huws, who is probably the better player and the money will be spent elsewhere. With Dozzell, Huws and Bishop we should have enough creativity, but big question marks over fitness and reliability.
Just home from the game on 08:07 - Jul 18 with 3623 viewsIpswichKnight

I was impressed by both Wolfie and Downes, with Downes on in the 2nd half we had much more bite when pressing Crawley for the ball. Felt Wolfie dealt with the lump of a number 9 well ( think that fat lump who bullied us for Lincoln and he was that kind of player ) don't think he lost a header all night and looked comfortable on the ball.

We really didn't look like scoring once Waghorn went off and don't think Sears is really up to it wouldn't be surprised to see him shipped out and another striker brought in, missed a sitter just before we did score one on one with the keeper at the edge of the 6 yard box and hit the keeper we have to be scoring those.

Edwards looked sharp and it was refreshing to see a winger attack the outside and look to cross from the touchline.
Just home from the game on 09:43 - Jul 18 with 3442 viewsKitman

Just home from the game on 23:17 - Jul 17 by reusersfreekicks

Was impressed by how much we sought to pass it out from the back and generally by plsyers showing for the ball. Thought Waghorn, new bloke, Downes and Needham played well whilst the defence was commanding. In second half when Sears went up front on his own we lost all attacking focus sadly. Other concern was Kenlock defensively, though he did look good going forward. Very nice setting for a footie match!

..Just loved the new lad, Edwards running at players, beating them and firing crosses over.. Shame there was invariably no one there for the end product. He ran out of a bit of steam later in the second half but looks a fair prospect.
Bit of a surreal venue. I'm local to the area but had no idea where it was before looking it up. Ground almost hidden in a secret location at the far end of a town park down a leafy, narrow lane!

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Just home from the game on 10:05 - Jul 18 with 3366 viewsjpr_23

Just home from the game on 09:43 - Jul 18 by Kitman

..Just loved the new lad, Edwards running at players, beating them and firing crosses over.. Shame there was invariably no one there for the end product. He ran out of a bit of steam later in the second half but looks a fair prospect.
Bit of a surreal venue. I'm local to the area but had no idea where it was before looking it up. Ground almost hidden in a secret location at the far end of a town park down a leafy, narrow lane!

The pitch was tucked away a bit, glad I had a mate who is a local to show me the way!

Was impressed by Edwards, great to see him demanding the ball and looking to run at people and get crosses in. It was shame that there was never anyone there to meet them. Agree with the comments about Sears, he didn't do much with his touches and it is hard to see where he will fit into the team. Think the same could be said of Ward, who didn't do much apart from the goal.

Was disappointed that we didn't create more chances, but was pleased with the shape and the style of the play in the main with people looking for the ball and to get forward.

It was great being so close to the action and hearing the shouts. Clearly Chambers is the big voice, but was great to hear Spence talking to Edwards and working out their partnership. Think that once Edwards understands the system and the players get to know him, he could be a real asset.

Flynn Downes looked good when he came on, really keen to get about and get onto the ball. Was a little surprised that Dozzell didn't offer more in the first half. Few nice touches but not enough of his passes came off.

Blog: Why We Need a New Five-Year Plan

Just home from the game on 10:12 - Jul 18 with 3338 viewsKitman

Just home from the game on 10:05 - Jul 18 by jpr_23

The pitch was tucked away a bit, glad I had a mate who is a local to show me the way!

Was impressed by Edwards, great to see him demanding the ball and looking to run at people and get crosses in. It was shame that there was never anyone there to meet them. Agree with the comments about Sears, he didn't do much with his touches and it is hard to see where he will fit into the team. Think the same could be said of Ward, who didn't do much apart from the goal.

Was disappointed that we didn't create more chances, but was pleased with the shape and the style of the play in the main with people looking for the ball and to get forward.

It was great being so close to the action and hearing the shouts. Clearly Chambers is the big voice, but was great to hear Spence talking to Edwards and working out their partnership. Think that once Edwards understands the system and the players get to know him, he could be a real asset.

Flynn Downes looked good when he came on, really keen to get about and get onto the ball. Was a little surprised that Dozzell didn't offer more in the first half. Few nice touches but not enough of his passes came off.

..I was standing next to Mr Dozzell senior at one point, there to watch his lad's rehab no doubt.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024