Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open 20:00 - Aug 1 with 2477 viewsFunge

On Upper Orwell St (Kebab Alley), where Krazy Kitchen used to be (next to Mannas).

Went there for lunch today - it is outstanding.

Ordered a burrito for £7.50; thing turned up and it was the size of a house-brick. A good start.

This was a 'wet' burrito, akin to an enchilada (as opposed to the more common 'traditional' foil-wrapped burrito) - but, frankly, who gives one solitary fck about that when the food tastes as good as this?

Everything is cooked from fresh; the salsa had mango in, and was juicy and spicy. Guacamole done extremely well, with the right ratio of avocado to lime. Loads of rice, loads of black beans, and the beef was tender. Could have done with slightly more sour cream, but my tastes are MILKY.

Demolished in 10 mins, now want another one. 8 hours later.

Independent places down Kebab Alley tend to burn very brightly before closing; Athens Kebab being a case in point. I strongly recommend investigating and eating there, before IBC put the rent up to £4k a month, so they can turn Christchurch Mansion into a bobsleigh run, or something.

In summary - very good indeed. 8.5/ 10. Go and eat there.

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:02 - Aug 1 with 2466 viewswkj

You had me up until you mentioned Mango... Mango anywhere near a burrito or Mexican food on the whole is ucking fugly.

That said having lived in Mexican communities while in the US I have had the privilege of having authentic Mexican food, and gotta say from looking this place up it comes the closest to it so far as I've seen in the UK.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 20:04]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:04 - Aug 1 with 2459 viewsFunge

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:02 - Aug 1 by wkj

You had me up until you mentioned Mango... Mango anywhere near a burrito or Mexican food on the whole is ucking fugly.

That said having lived in Mexican communities while in the US I have had the privilege of having authentic Mexican food, and gotta say from looking this place up it comes the closest to it so far as I've seen in the UK.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 20:04]

Mans is talking bullsh1t.... mango, chilli & tomato; as any fule kno, that is a stand-up combination.

I'm a sucker for mango.

Pretty sure he does a 'straight' salsa as well.
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:05 - Aug 1 with 2450 viewswkj

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:04 - Aug 1 by Funge

Mans is talking bullsh1t.... mango, chilli & tomato; as any fule kno, that is a stand-up combination.

I'm a sucker for mango.

Pretty sure he does a 'straight' salsa as well.

I just think Mango tastes like toilet duck smells. Though as long as they do standard salsa I will let it slide

Crybaby

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:07 - Aug 1 with 2442 viewsFunge

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:05 - Aug 1 by wkj

I just think Mango tastes like toilet duck smells. Though as long as they do standard salsa I will let it slide

Yeah, I was being needlessly abrasive there.

He was doing some Quesadilla thing as I left which looked pretty bloody good too.
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:10 - Aug 1 with 2433 viewswkj

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:07 - Aug 1 by Funge

Yeah, I was being needlessly abrasive there.

He was doing some Quesadilla thing as I left which looked pretty bloody good too.

I may not be fat now, but if this place is genuinely as good as you say, I look forward to being in joggers full time by christmas

Crybaby

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:12 - Aug 1 with 2420 viewsMullet

Pretty uncool towards us visiting who might like Mexican grub and fitting into our trousers. Manchester has had a boom in Mexican places recently, they are patcher than a teenage beard though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:21 - Aug 1 with 2403 viewsMugwump

Is it actually called Nuevo Mexico as I can't find it on Google.
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:39 - Aug 1 with 2386 viewswkj

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:21 - Aug 1 by Mugwump

Try searching on Altavista

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:41 - Aug 1 with 2379 viewsReuser_is_God

Also a new pizza place near there too.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:52 - Aug 1 with 2356 viewsFunge

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:21 - Aug 1 by Mugwump

Yeah he's only on FB at the moment
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:54 - Aug 1 with 2346 viewsMugwump

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:52 - Aug 1 by Funge

Yeah he's only on FB at the moment

But what is it called - Nuevo Mexico?

Do you have a Facebook link? I can't find a thing.
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 21:17 - Aug 1 with 2318 viewsFunge

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 20:54 - Aug 1 by Mugwump

But what is it called - Nuevo Mexico?

Do you have a Facebook link? I can't find a thing.

https://m.facebook.com/nuevo.mexico.961?tsid=0.5810842678965153&source=result

Hopefully that'll do the trick
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 21:40 - Aug 1 with 2283 viewsJakeITFC

Nice one, will try soon (probably with O).
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 2274 viewsFunge

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 21:40 - Aug 1 by JakeITFC

Nice one, will try soon (probably with O).

Good man; that's right up his street.
Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 2242 viewsMugwump

Fat Ipswich based TWTDers - Nuevo Mexico open on 21:17 - Aug 1 by Funge

https://m.facebook.com/nuevo.mexico.961?tsid=0.5810842678965153&source=result

Hopefully that'll do the trick

Thanks

I hope their food is better than their marketing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024