Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... 10:02 - Aug 12 with 1476 viewsArnieM

For Hurst and the # new era .

Please can we stop gloom monger8ng and give these players a chance to get t9 know each other’s name, game, and acclimatise to the Championship!

There are so many factors, that the Town players have to get used too, and pretty damn quick.
For instance playing in front of a larger crowd than they have mostly been used to. Playing against better, quicker more established players. It’s a helluva step up. The last thing we should be doing is criticising Hurst. It’s a big step up for him too!

He’s cherry picked the best players from League one. He must be given time to find the best combinations between those players. And for these players to ( the dreaded word), gel!

Please, don’t get on the players backs , or trash them on social media. It really does have a negative input to everyone’s belief.

COYBs # aneweara

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 10:34 - Aug 12 with 1421 viewsEdmundo

Totally agree. It's a brave strategy, but we all need to buy in.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 10:49 - Aug 12 with 1383 viewslowhouseblue

is it alarming though? two games in, a side that had never played before, 3 of who joined midweek, and we played well. can't say i'm all that alarmed.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 11:01 - Aug 12 with 1346 viewsArnieM

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 10:49 - Aug 12 by lowhouseblue

is it alarming though? two games in, a side that had never played before, 3 of who joined midweek, and we played well. can't say i'm all that alarmed.

Trouble is, judging by the many knee jerk responses and claims of relegation is inevitable on social media and by some on here , I’d say there is a lot of alarmist reaction. Which is why ive posted what I did above .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 12:57 - Aug 12 with 1228 viewssundaze

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 11:01 - Aug 12 by ArnieM

Trouble is, judging by the many knee jerk responses and claims of relegation is inevitable on social media and by some on here , I’d say there is a lot of alarmist reaction. Which is why ive posted what I did above .

I don't think there is any alarm amongst Town supporters, the only doom and gloom posts are from "new" accounts, just trying to get a reaction.

I think you have set a new record for a title to a post, the most consecutive two letter words, congatulations
Times like this remind me why I stay off social media except this forum on 13:02 - Aug 12 with 1218 viewsDyland

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 11:01 - Aug 12 by ArnieM

Even the news posts are painful. It's pathetic and unless these people are trying to troll, I wonder how they get through life. Presumably they don't hold positions of responsibility in the big bad world.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 13:32 - Aug 12 with 1170 viewsTIB

Well said Arnie. I’ve been away for a few days and am just catching up on the result and readings on various platforms and the uproar / blubbing is truly mind boggling!!! Folk calling for Micks’s return, calling players dogsh*t just a game or two into their Town careers. It’s truly embarrassing.

I’ve fully accepted that a slow start is inevitable, even more so with the late signings but from the reasonable reports and what I saw in pre-season, Hurst has us playing good football, we just need time to gel and get all players on the same wavelength.

The worst thing that can happen is folk start hounding and giving players sh*t a few games in...that’s a sure fire way to see the team fail.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Extraordinary on 13:34 - Aug 12 with 1160 viewsDyland

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 13:32 - Aug 12 by TIB

Well said Arnie. I’ve been away for a few days and am just catching up on the result and readings on various platforms and the uproar / blubbing is truly mind boggling!!! Folk calling for Micks’s return, calling players dogsh*t just a game or two into their Town careers. It’s truly embarrassing.

I’ve fully accepted that a slow start is inevitable, even more so with the late signings but from the reasonable reports and what I saw in pre-season, Hurst has us playing good football, we just need time to gel and get all players on the same wavelength.

The worst thing that can happen is folk start hounding and giving players sh*t a few games in...that’s a sure fire way to see the team fail.

They must be budgie trolls.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Extraordinary on 13:45 - Aug 12 with 1140 viewsTIB

Extraordinary on 13:34 - Aug 12 by Dyland

They must be budgie trolls.

I really hope so

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 14:04 - Aug 12 with 1116 viewspointofblue

Alarming as it it is . It IS very very early days.... on 13:32 - Aug 12 by TIB

I'd never call out players during the match/at the ground. I'd never call for Mick's return as, for all the good he did, his time was no doubt up. But we'd played our easiest away game of the season on paper - admittedly football is not played on paper etc. - and got nothing from it. We now have a run of Villa, Derby and Wednesday before the derby and there is a possibility we'll go into the Norwich game on a solitary point.

The one thing I had under Mick is the confidence that we would survive. Even in 2016/2017 I thought we'd have enough to pull it around even during our shaky spells. This time, how can that be the case? It's the unkown that's nagging at me and, whilst it was desperately desired and needed, it does increase the nerves too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Times like this remind me why I stay off social media except this forum on 14:04 - Aug 12 with 1116 viewsBlueBadger

Times like this remind me why I stay off social media except this forum on 13:02 - Aug 12 by Dyland

Even the news posts are painful. It's pathetic and unless these people are trying to troll, I wonder how they get through life. Presumably they don't hold positions of responsibility in the big bad world.

It really disturbs me to think that these people may have families, responsible jobs and the vote.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Times like this remind me why I stay off social media except this forum on 14:10 - Aug 12 with 1104 viewspointofblue

Times like this remind me why I stay off social media except this forum on 14:04 - Aug 12 by BlueBadger

It really disturbs me to think that these people may have families, responsible jobs and the vote.

I have to admit I over-react but it's actually a form of defelction so I can consider the important things (have I just said Town aren't so 'important' in the great scheme of things? I'm a disgrace) rationally. It's like an outlet for my irrational, unfair side.

Does that even make sense?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024