Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
07:51 - Aug 15 with 2821 views_

Our 'support' is so weird. on 07:55 - Aug 15 with 2096 viewsMattinLondon

Exactly like any other club then.
Our 'support' is so weird. on 07:59 - Aug 15 with 2078 viewsBenters2

Are you counting the cup game as a game? are you counting a total of two or three games so far?
on 08:39 - Aug 15 with 2032 views_

Our 'support' is so weird. on 07:59 - Aug 15 by Benters2

Are you counting the cup game as a game? are you counting a total of two or three games so far?

Our 'support' is so weird. on 13:54 - Aug 15 with 1967 viewsBenters2

on 08:39 - Aug 15 by _

My big toes as I’m in the bath ... I’m going to roll with it what else can you do?
on 14:09 - Aug 15 with 1933 views_

Our 'support' is so weird. on 13:54 - Aug 15 by Benters2

My big toes as I’m in the bath ... I’m going to roll with it what else can you do?

Our 'support' is so weird. on 14:11 - Aug 15 with 1924 viewshype313

It's bad, but not at the levels of the bedwetting we see on Arsenal Fan TV, fam (whatever that means)
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 14:11]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 14:14 - Aug 15 with 1905 views_

Our 'support' is so weird. on 14:11 - Aug 15 by hype313

It's bad, but not at the levels of the bedwetting we see on Arsenal Fan TV, fam (whatever that means)
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 14:11]

Our 'support' is so weird. on 14:17 - Aug 15 with 1886 viewshype313

on 14:14 - Aug 15 by _

Yeah, I also get the impression there are a few who are shouting their misgivings in the hope that they win the internet in a few months time.

Bizarre.

Login to get fewer ads

on 14:20 - Aug 15 with 1881 views_

Our 'support' is so weird. on 14:17 - Aug 15 by hype313

Yeah, I also get the impression there are a few who are shouting their misgivings in the hope that they win the internet in a few months time.

Bizarre.

Our 'support' is so weird. on 14:23 - Aug 15 with 1877 viewshype313

on 14:20 - Aug 15 by _

Insert J2 gag.

Yeah agreed, I said earlier that we will receive a few more bloody noses than we will dish out, but with such a big change in the DNA of the club, it ain't a 24hr turnaround.

That said, if are still winless after 10-15 games, I might start to worry...

on 14:24 - Aug 15 with 1873 views_

Our 'support' is so weird. on 14:23 - Aug 15 by hype313

Insert J2 gag.

Yeah agreed, I said earlier that we will receive a few more bloody noses than we will dish out, but with such a big change in the DNA of the club, it ain't a 24hr turnaround.

That said, if are still winless after 10-15 games, I might start to worry...

Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:20 - Aug 15 with 1820 viewsHennikerBlu

Social media and I include this website in this, tends to make people 'overact to reactions'. After last nights game most fans probably would have muttered a negative about that performance, certainly in my decades of following ITFC it is the norm to say that was great or that was rubbish in the persons choice of language as they leave a game. Now we pop the comments online to scrutinise.

So I don't see it as weird, I also think the 'vast majority' are concerned but remain patient, that is some will react, but they are the minority. No different to the posters that argue infinitum on here, it is a small proportion of the actual members.

I support the club, that's it, PH has to take each game as it comes, but he is responsible for getting the team to gel and perform end of. I do agree that it really needs to be 8-10 games before we start to get nervy, even then it only takes a game for things to click, as long as it is not the last game of the season.
Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:34 - Aug 15 with 1796 viewshulltractor

Quite agree. Give the management and the team some time to gel and things will be fine. I would like to see another formation tried however just to see if two up front will work. Also would like Kenlock at left back instead of the unreliable Knudson. Some Championship experience at center back in the loan window please PH.

All will be well you will see. #IHWT #COYB
Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:39 - Aug 15 with 1775 viewsTendring_Blue

Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:20 - Aug 15 by HennikerBlu

Social media and I include this website in this, tends to make people 'overact to reactions'. After last nights game most fans probably would have muttered a negative about that performance, certainly in my decades of following ITFC it is the norm to say that was great or that was rubbish in the persons choice of language as they leave a game. Now we pop the comments online to scrutinise.

So I don't see it as weird, I also think the 'vast majority' are concerned but remain patient, that is some will react, but they are the minority. No different to the posters that argue infinitum on here, it is a small proportion of the actual members.

I support the club, that's it, PH has to take each game as it comes, but he is responsible for getting the team to gel and perform end of. I do agree that it really needs to be 8-10 games before we start to get nervy, even then it only takes a game for things to click, as long as it is not the last game of the season.

Nail on the head, the internet seems to drive everyone crazy.

Good old talking to people, some on here and Twitter could do with getting a life!

You see it all to often, sad people glued to their precious phone.
Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:47 - Aug 15 with 1755 viewsimsureazzure

Exactly, we have lost one game, the football, from highlights granted, looks decent.
Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:56 - Aug 15 with 1739 viewsBenters2

on 14:09 - Aug 15 by _

Im going to that one.

Manningtree buffet at 8am lovely.
Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:57 - Aug 15 with 1734 viewsSpruceMoose

Our 'support' is so weird. on 15:47 - Aug 15 by imsureazzure

Exactly, we have lost one game, the football, from highlights granted, looks decent.

People are forgetting that Exeter have also had an excellent start to the season. Three wins out of three. They have the momentum that we lack currently.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:00 - Aug 15 with 1722 viewsLeagueOne

I'd say it's more of a echo of being in such miserable place for so long, the last time we won anything at all was nearly 2 decades ago and it's been close to 40 years since we did anything major in football. We literally have so little to talk about!

But while we can make fun of those who get extreme quickly we could equally have egg on our faces if we laugh too hard, especially if it turns out their right, much like last season when we won a string of games at this exact point and many were celebrating a promotion push which turned out to be little more than a wet fart with not even a little follow through.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:04]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:02 - Aug 15 with 1709 viewsSpruceMoose

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:00 - Aug 15 by LeagueOne

I'd say it's more of a echo of being in such miserable place for so long, the last time we won anything at all was nearly 2 decades ago and it's been close to 40 years since we did anything major in football. We literally have so little to talk about!

But while we can make fun of those who get extreme quickly we could equally have egg on our faces if we laugh too hard, especially if it turns out their right, much like last season when we won a string of games at this exact point and many were celebrating a promotion push which turned out to be little more than a wet fart with not even a little follow through.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:04]

I mean, expectations people. The way football has gone, other than a rare promotion, we aren't ever winning anything ever again. Just like 86 other clubs in the top four leagues.

A decent cup run is what people are craving, knocking out a big team, or at least dispatching a smaller team with ease.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:09 - Aug 15 with 1683 viewsitfcbam

Think I would use words fickle, you can see that by attendances, unrealistic in thinking size wise we are anywhere near a top 6 club so therefore should automatically be there. That said think it's only a minority, however these seem to be vocal, also given what happened last season and the way it happened they think they have a greatervoice.
Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:10 - Aug 15 with 1678 viewsLeagueOne

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:02 - Aug 15 by SpruceMoose

I mean, expectations people. The way football has gone, other than a rare promotion, we aren't ever winning anything ever again. Just like 86 other clubs in the top four leagues.

A decent cup run is what people are craving, knocking out a big team, or at least dispatching a smaller team with ease.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:02]

Yeah but look at our close equivalents clubs wise, aside from Coventry they've all won league titles, promotions, cups .. we've literally won nothing in 18 years. .. it's going to send people a bit mad, especially in the over 40's bracket who tend to still view Ipswich as a bigger club than it is now.

If as you say we never win anything ever again, the club will simply die off because the audience will walk away. The kids in the Town are already decked out in Man City, Spurs and Chelsea shirts. We cannot sustain a club without a support either, we'd be lucky to get gates of 8000 here if we dropped. What would Evans do then?

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:14 - Aug 15 with 1662 viewsSpruceMoose

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:10 - Aug 15 by LeagueOne

Yeah but look at our close equivalents clubs wise, aside from Coventry they've all won league titles, promotions, cups .. we've literally won nothing in 18 years. .. it's going to send people a bit mad, especially in the over 40's bracket who tend to still view Ipswich as a bigger club than it is now.

If as you say we never win anything ever again, the club will simply die off because the audience will walk away. The kids in the Town are already decked out in Man City, Spurs and Chelsea shirts. We cannot sustain a club without a support either, we'd be lucky to get gates of 8000 here if we dropped. What would Evans do then?

That's football. Just wait 20 years. Won't even recognise it, imo.

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:18 - Aug 15 with 1654 viewsitfcjoe

It's just the polarised debate that is the internet.

Showing concerns about Hurst and the approach and you get painted as someone who wants him out, over reacting etc.

No room for nuance

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:18 - Aug 15 with 1653 viewsMrTown

Good post, accurate on all accounts.

People need to realise this is a transition period, Hurst is very much still working things out. I even said ill judge after 12-15 games. But people being ridiculously negative after 3 games is absolutely obscene.

COYB! In Hurst We Trust!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:34 - Aug 15 with 1612 viewsLeagueOne

Our 'support' is so weird. on 16:18 - Aug 15 by itfcjoe

It's just the polarised debate that is the internet.

Showing concerns about Hurst and the approach and you get painted as someone who wants him out, over reacting etc.

No room for nuance

There is always two camps - the people who tend to be positive about everything, even when it is bad and those who tend to be overtly angry about things.

If we were relegated this season that wouldn't change, you'd have one mob baying for Evans's blood, the other saying it's a positive, new teams to play, better chance of bouncing back up the leagues if relegated. In fact when we threatened relegation before Mick was brought in, I remember some people said they were excited by the prospect of the likes of Paul Taylor and JET tearing up the ranks of League One...

I just hope we have enough about us, and enough leadership from Evans to avoid a Coventry style scenario because that really would be the death of it.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 16:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024