Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! 07:09 - Aug 18 with 1698 viewspabloisgod

Just cannot believe the reaction of a surprising amount of ‘fans’ on here after 3 games when we only lost one in injury time.

Yes the quality of opposition wasn’t considered the best but we were all desperate for change, we have got that change clearly better football on the eye, and now people are moaning that too much has been changed too soon!

It will take time and we will be fine, I think we have a very driven manager in Paul Hurst and we all need to get behind him otherwise it may not work out because of some negativity in the stands. It certainly won’t help.

A strong club is a united club and our only way of competing is by developing players beit our own academy players or lower league ‘gambles’. If Hurst doesn’t think our 18yr olds are up to it quite yet then I am happy to trust him.

Patience is a virtue and it will all work out, I’ve enjoyed the last 3 months more than the last 5 years.

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 07:25 - Aug 18 with 1666 viewsFelstow1978

Agree entirely Pablo. You don't mention, though, the rush of so-called fans to post negative comments on here every time the Town fail to win. You only need to compare the number of posts in response to a loss to the number when we win. Spend a few minutes looking at the posting history of many of the moaners and you'll see that the ONLY contribution these people make is to spread negativity - they have nothing else to say on anything affecting our club. In recent years this has become a cancer in the body of the club. It's certainly become an entrenched part of the Ipswich culture.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 07:31 - Aug 18 with 1645 viewspabloisgod

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 07:25 - Aug 18 by Felstow1978

Agree entirely Pablo. You don't mention, though, the rush of so-called fans to post negative comments on here every time the Town fail to win. You only need to compare the number of posts in response to a loss to the number when we win. Spend a few minutes looking at the posting history of many of the moaners and you'll see that the ONLY contribution these people make is to spread negativity - they have nothing else to say on anything affecting our club. In recent years this has become a cancer in the body of the club. It's certainly become an entrenched part of the Ipswich culture.

A good point and one that is very noticeable and a reflection on today’s society possibly ?

Am sure all clubs have the same problem but it has got noticeably worse at town.

I just hope we win today otherwise it will be hell on here and Twitter at 5pm !!
‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 07:48 - Aug 18 with 1606 viewsjamesitfc

Sinking a ghost ship. Having an Adnams and supporting the lads today should be the only thing on people's minds today. 3 games is a ridiculous time period to make judgement. COYB!
‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 08:11 - Aug 18 with 1546 viewsbritbiker

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 07:25 - Aug 18 by Felstow1978

I have no problem with fans who go to games having a moan providing it's balanced.

Regrettably the Internet gives a perceived power to people to say whatever they like including things they would not say face to face. Therefore we now have people who have no intention in following the team with power to rant. You can have a thread on here and it may have a dozen responses and several will be from one negative poster. You then leave the site feeling that's how the majority of fans feel.

It's given a lot of power to the noisey minority. Whereas when I speak face to face most fans have concerns but see the bigger picture.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 11:57]
‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 09:09 - Aug 18 with 1435 viewsBluedandy

Bear in mind this board is sometimes blighted by brainless budgie excrescence masquerading as doom-monger Town fans ...
‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 09:36 - Aug 18 with 1371 viewsKropotkin123

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 08:11 - Aug 18 by britbiker

I have no problem with fans who go to games having a moan providing it's balanced.

Regrettably the Internet gives a perceived power to people to say whatever they like including things they would not say face to face. Therefore we now have people who have no intention in following the team with power to rant. You can have a thread on here and it may have a dozen responses and several will be from one negative poster. You then leave the site feeling that's how the majority of fans feel.

It's given a lot of power to the noisey minority. Whereas when I speak face to face most fans have concerns but see the bigger picture.

A lot of them are clearly Norwich fans. The obvious ones should be removed. Pretty sure I saw a clear budgie post taken down the other day.

Hard balance for Phil to strike.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 09:37 - Aug 18 with 1368 viewsVic

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 08:11 - Aug 18 by britbiker

So true.

I suspect that out of the 100s that post on here there are no more than half a dozen spreading overt negativity - we all know who they are. They seem to add multiple posts to just about every football related thread and it skews the conversation. Annoying!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 10:45 - Aug 18 with 1243 viewsnshearman1

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 09:37 - Aug 18 by Vic

So true.

I suspect that out of the 100s that post on here there are no more than half a dozen spreading overt negativity - we all know who they are. They seem to add multiple posts to just about every football related thread and it skews the conversation. Annoying!

A couple of things on this.

I think it's inevitable that on a forum such as this fans express more worries and concerns than praise. It's a natural reaction to be more concerned about the bad points than praising the good. Unfortunately too often comments on here become incredibly polarised - i would suggest this comes from a diet of having had Keane, Jewell and the latter part of McCarthy's reign. So any concerns now, with an encouraging new manager, get characterised as moaners, bedwetters, blubbers and flouncers - which in itself is just silly.

Too many posts end up going down a cul-de-sac between people who will never agree.

There's a huge well of support for Hurst at present, and that's great, takes me back to Mick's early days. But equally people should be allowed to continue questioning decisions, that's their right as fans on this forum, and no-one is perfect.
Login to get fewer ads

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 10:54 - Aug 18 with 1231 viewsArnieM

tbh I think its human nature to dwell on the negative things in life.

Look at the Press for instance. What grabs the headlines every hour of every day? BAD NEWS. As a race we seem to crave it. Good new is "mentioned" and often glossed over. Football forum are a microcosm of this I think.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 11:05 - Aug 18 with 1208 viewsnshearman1

‘Sinking ship?!’ Really ?! on 10:54 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

tbh I think its human nature to dwell on the negative things in life.

Look at the Press for instance. What grabs the headlines every hour of every day? BAD NEWS. As a race we seem to crave it. Good new is "mentioned" and often glossed over. Football forum are a microcosm of this I think.

I would LOVE it if we put one over on Villa today!

'Big girl pants' just come in from Herb...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024