Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night 10:44 - Aug 22 with 4044 viewsGuthrum

It's just the tactical system needs a bit of tweaking.

IMO primarily getting central midfield to attack further forwards, so the striker is not having to do so much work on his own and having more bodies in the box for the wide-men to aim at. Or using a second striker. Nolan evidently has skill, but his efforts were all long range. Chalobah was having to cover the full length of the pitch, so, having started a move was not always where he was needed at the finish.

The team defended well, but while we are having difficulty scoring, will always be vulnerable to one or two unfortunate goals (e.g. deflected shot goes in) turning the game.

Thought the play in the middle of the park was really quite good. We've obviously invested in some of those boots the ball actually sticks to. Also the players seem to have a much better idea of where each other are, for the flicks and quick passes.

Once we can fix the scoring problem, this team will be quite effective.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 14:15 - Aug 22 with 835 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 12:07 - Aug 22 by LeagueOne

We can write up all day about how potentially good the team is but the reality is the results and performances are not there to substantiate this at present.

I want this to work as much as the next Town fan does, but the reality is we've looked weak overall and our front line looks out of it's depth at this level so far without pinning the blame on one player, we've been a wet fart in attack and error prone at the back, which is why we aren't getting good results.

We can't spend the season glossing over the facts because it's nice to think we have huge potential, because in two months time we could be in trouble if it's not fixed. Hurst needs to sign a established Championship standard striker on loan immediately, someone to poke goals in, because as things stand we seem beyond doing that and it's pretty basic stuff. This needs to be the priority now.

I as many did thought we looked reasonable against what was meant to be a good Villa side, but we looked poor compared to what is a very average Derby last night. Villa must be awful.

Why is your username "LeagueOne"?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 14:17 - Aug 22 with 831 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 13:46 - Aug 22 by Garv

How can we be in trouble two months into the season?

Nonsense.

With no wins we could be adrift. Of course we'd be in trouble.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 14:50 - Aug 22 with 807 viewsreusersfreekicks

Refreshingly positive and intelligent thread.
Thanks all
Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 15:13 - Aug 22 with 796 viewsurbanblue

Great post. I also think the performance of Jordan Roberts was very encouraging. Hurst said in his press conference words to the effect that he was nowhere near the finished article . If that's the case we are going to have helluva player on our hands if he pushes on!
Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 15:28 - Aug 22 with 780 viewsGuthrum

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 14:17 - Aug 22 by BrixtonBlue

With no wins we could be adrift. Of course we'd be in trouble.

Altho for perspective, over a quarter of the Championship are still waiting for their first League win (two others only achieved that milestone last night) and we aren't even the division's lowest scorers (three have fewer goals, four are on the same number). We are no more likely to be in the merde come late October than any of those.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 18:02 - Aug 22 with 756 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 15:28 - Aug 22 by Guthrum

Altho for perspective, over a quarter of the Championship are still waiting for their first League win (two others only achieved that milestone last night) and we aren't even the division's lowest scorers (three have fewer goals, four are on the same number). We are no more likely to be in the merde come late October than any of those.

I said, "With no wins". I expect the majority to have won a game by late October... and I'm saying IF we haven't had one we COULD be adrift. I'm just saying it's a possibility to someone who laughed at the suggestion.

Nothing much wrong with the personnel out there last night on 19:14 - Aug 22 with 741 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stop talking sense.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024