Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeds sown? 14:16 - Sep 2 with 1848 viewsAJblue

I for one feel that was a better system, onwards and upwards and beat them at Carrow rd. I am still unsure of Hurst, but I do like the man, so really want him to succeed.

However if her reverts to 1 up front, after Walters and Jackson look like they are starting to click, I will be massively disappointed.

Off the foot of the table, the first win is just around the corner, at Hull hopefully, and I genuinely think things will just keep getting better and better with an exciting mix of players and the passion back in being an Ipswich fan.

Crecy

Seeds sown? on 14:20 - Sep 2 with 1826 viewssparks

I actually think the opposite. We lost the tight passing we had been showing and looked more direct.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

on 14:22 - Sep 2 with 1799 views_

Seeds sown? on 14:20 - Sep 2 by sparks

I actually think the opposite. We lost the tight passing we had been showing and looked more direct.

Seeds sown? on 14:23 - Sep 2 with 1773 viewsCoco

Agree although i think it was necessary as Norwich were quite physical with us.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Seeds sown? on 14:24 - Sep 2 with 1771 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:22 - Sep 2 by _

Let's all sleep on it, eh?!

Things might look,different tomorrow. I don't think the directness is necessarily a bad development.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Seeds sown? on 14:27 - Sep 2 with 1738 viewsgt81

We really missed Skuse for that 2nd half, feel his experience would have helped to break up that spell of Norwich pressure that led to their goal.

So frustrating, knowing our luck we won't have a better chance to beat them for a while.
Seeds sown? on 14:30 - Sep 2 with 1717 viewspatrickswell

Seeds sown? on 14:27 - Sep 2 by gt81

We really missed Skuse for that 2nd half, feel his experience would have helped to break up that spell of Norwich pressure that led to their goal.

So frustrating, knowing our luck we won't have a better chance to beat them for a while.

Maybe we’ll have gelled by February.
Seeds sown? on 14:31 - Sep 2 with 1702 viewssparks

Seeds sown? on 14:27 - Sep 2 by gt81

Disagree with that. The improvement second half was due to the more dynamic, athletic and inventive work of Chalobah.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

on 14:31 - Sep 2 with 1691 views_

Seeds sown? on 14:31 - Sep 2 by sparks

Disagree with that. The improvement second half was due to the more dynamic, athletic and inventive work of Chalobah.

Login to get fewer ads

Seeds sown? on 15:31 - Sep 2 with 1600 viewsAJblue

Passing is nice, is direct a bad thing if it gets goals.?
Surely there is room for passing and direct when needed?

Crecy

Seeds sown? on 15:44 - Sep 2 with 1570 viewsHerbivore

Hmmmm. For me in terms of performance that was a step back from what we've seen. Really don't think that's the system for us. That was the worst Norwich side I've seen in at least a decade and we were only fractionally better, I don't think there was anything in that game to suggest going 4-4-2 is the way forward for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seeds sown? on 16:07 - Sep 2 with 1538 viewsAJblue

Seeds sown? on 15:44 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

Hmmmm. For me in terms of performance that was a step back from what we've seen. Really don't think that's the system for us. That was the worst Norwich side I've seen in at least a decade and we were only fractionally better, I don't think there was anything in that game to suggest going 4-4-2 is the way forward for us.

Really?
Honest enquiry, Walters and Jackson didnt look dangerous to you operating as a pair, when all season a lone striker has been cut off from rest of team?

Crecy

Seeds sown? on 16:16 - Sep 2 with 1512 viewsHerbivore

Seeds sown? on 16:07 - Sep 2 by AJblue

Really?
Honest enquiry, Walters and Jackson didnt look dangerous to you operating as a pair, when all season a lone striker has been cut off from rest of team?

No, not really. Walters had one shot from distance and another scruffy effort when he had his back to goal 6 yards out. Otherwise we carried little threat. On the whole I thought the performance was our poorest of the season, if we'd played like we did against Villa we'd have run them IMO.

Seeds sown? on 16:17 - Sep 2 with 1499 viewssparks

Seeds sown? on 15:31 - Sep 2 by AJblue

Passing is nice, is direct a bad thing if it gets goals.?
Surely there is room for passing and direct when needed?

No one suggested otherwise.

Seeds sown? on 17:08 - Sep 2 with 1446 viewspointofblue

Seeds sown? on 16:16 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

No, not really. Walters had one shot from distance and another scruffy effort when he had his back to goal 6 yards out. Otherwise we carried little threat. On the whole I thought the performance was our poorest of the season, if we'd played like we did against Villa we'd have run them IMO.

I thought the first half was a real step back but the second half was much better. I don't think this had anything to do with losing Skuse but we seemed more intent is closing down play and chasing second balls.

In every game this season I've seen glimpses of what Hurst is trying to do here but we haven't but in a coherent 90 minutes so far; we usually manage it for a half at most.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seeds sown? on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 1442 viewsHerbivore

Seeds sown? on 17:08 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

I thought the first half was a real step back but the second half was much better. I don't think this had anything to do with losing Skuse but we seemed more intent is closing down play and chasing second balls.

In every game this season I've seen glimpses of what Hurst is trying to do here but we haven't but in a coherent 90 minutes so far; we usually manage it for a half at most.

First 15 minutes of the second half was decent, that aside I felt we were poor today to be honest. We went 4-4-2 and were much more direct than in previous games and continued to look disjointed, which is no surprise given we made 6 changes today.

Seeds sown? on 17:19 - Sep 2 with 1425 viewspointofblue

Seeds sown? on 17:11 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

First 15 minutes of the second half was decent, that aside I felt we were poor today to be honest. We went 4-4-2 and were much more direct than in previous games and continued to look disjointed, which is no surprise given we made 6 changes today.

The one thing I was confident about was Hurst knowing his preferred team - the only question seemed to be who would be playing on the attacking left, which was understandable. I expected to see the same first XI as last weekend with Spence coming in for the suspended Nsiala; I wasn't prepared for the wholesale changes.

Saying that I could understand Walters coming in for Harrison. Gerken for Bart surprised me but the latter has really struggled. I was suprised that he mucked around with the back four so much but maybe he saw enough of Donacien at centre back against Blackburn to decide he didn't want him back there - but that didn't necessarily mean he had to be dropped.

Hurst is claiming today was a 4-2-3-1 with Walters playing just behind Jackson. If we can play like we did in the second half - we dominated for the first 15 minutes but I don't think we were ever on the back foot, excluding the build up to the goal, then that's what we're looking for. If it's more of the first half then, to put it bluntly, we should have stuck with Mick.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024