Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guardian ran a report on today's game 16:55 - Sep 2 with 1833 viewsSomethingBlue

It's here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/02/ipswich-town-norwich-city-champ

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 1763 viewsJ2BLUE

Good report. Very balanced and fair.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 1726 viewsIllinoisblue

Nailed it. One day you'll have a win to report on!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:05 - Sep 2 with 1700 viewshomer_123

In truth, neither team looks remotely equipped to bother the promotion challengers and both looked exactly what they are: mediocre second-tier sides in flux

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:10 - Sep 2 with 1656 viewsAnewHop

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:05 - Sep 2 by homer_123

In truth, neither team looks remotely equipped to bother the promotion challengers and both looked exactly what they are: mediocre second-tier sides in flux

Even allowing for a post parachute payment transition, I’m not sure Farke’s project will have much further to run. Two years in they’re going backwards. I’d be surprised if he’s still there for the next game in February.
The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:11 - Sep 2 with 1642 viewshomer_123

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:10 - Sep 2 by AnewHop

Even allowing for a post parachute payment transition, I’m not sure Farke’s project will have much further to run. Two years in they’re going backwards. I’d be surprised if he’s still there for the next game in February.

That maybe the case.

Still early doors for us and Evans has been very patient with previous managers. This start, however, really is awful and isn't helping the supposed transition in approach.

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 1557 viewsAnewHop

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:11 - Sep 2 by homer_123

That maybe the case.

Still early doors for us and Evans has been very patient with previous managers. This start, however, really is awful and isn't helping the supposed transition in approach.

It’s couldn’t be much worse when you look at points on the board. Performances themselves have been pretty mixed. For me, there’s enough there to suggest we will gradually build something and have a comfortable mid table finish. For all the obvious faults that have been highlighted, the margins in all of our matches so far have been very fine. We’ve not been blown away in a manner that would suggest we’ll be relegation fodder.
The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:24 - Sep 2 with 1529 viewshomer_123

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:20 - Sep 2 by AnewHop

It’s couldn’t be much worse when you look at points on the board. Performances themselves have been pretty mixed. For me, there’s enough there to suggest we will gradually build something and have a comfortable mid table finish. For all the obvious faults that have been highlighted, the margins in all of our matches so far have been very fine. We’ve not been blown away in a manner that would suggest we’ll be relegation fodder.

Playing devils advocate on your last point. Nor have we been able to turn anyone over and we've played some of the lesser teams in this division.

Performances have, at times, been better than under Mick, but given the low base in terms of quality football being played, it's neither a Great Leap Forward or that fantastic.

We've had short spells where we look good but we are not able to keep that up or slow he tempo and keep the ball.

There are green shoots, there is potential but....potential is all it is at the moment and the longer we go without a win, the deeper the confidence issue becomes and the more difficult it will become,

Be very interesting to see what happens after the international break.

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:34 - Sep 2 with 1440 viewsAnewHop

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:24 - Sep 2 by homer_123

Playing devils advocate on your last point. Nor have we been able to turn anyone over and we've played some of the lesser teams in this division.

Performances have, at times, been better than under Mick, but given the low base in terms of quality football being played, it's neither a Great Leap Forward or that fantastic.

We've had short spells where we look good but we are not able to keep that up or slow he tempo and keep the ball.

There are green shoots, there is potential but....potential is all it is at the moment and the longer we go without a win, the deeper the confidence issue becomes and the more difficult it will become,

Be very interesting to see what happens after the international break.

I’d agree that the step forward in footballing quality has been marginal compared to Mick. The hope has to be that this is also a low baseline compared to what Hurst might eventually build. Positive indications as you say, with the potential to fall away and implode if we don’t get some results from the next 6 games. Even accepting I’m generally positive when it comes to town, I just don’t see it all going horribly wrong under Hurst in his first season.
Login to get fewer ads

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:36 - Sep 2 with 1420 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Spot on. As always.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 18:35 - Sep 2 with 1186 viewsSomethingBlue

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 17:02 - Sep 2 by Illinoisblue

Nailed it. One day you'll have a win to report on!

Angles for "home games that leave you feeling pretty flat" are certainly running out ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Guardian ran a report on today's game on 18:39 - Sep 2 with 1167 viewsElderGrizzly

So did Sky.

They said Edwards was 21 and Skuse is a defender...

http://www.skysports.com/share/11488726
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024