Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL thread 15:53 - Sep 10 with 8230 viewsIllinoisblue

did anyone else's favorite NFL team go up by 20 points on the road to their biggest rival and still manage to lose 24-23?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

NFL thread on 15:58 - Sep 10 with 4594 viewsbluewein

No, but mine managed to tie with the worst team over the last year and a half nearly losing in the last 10 seconds...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

NFL thread on 16:10 - Sep 10 with 4564 viewsBlueastheycome

NFL thread on 15:58 - Sep 10 by bluewein

No, but mine managed to tie with the worst team over the last year and a half nearly losing in the last 10 seconds...

Mine subbed their QB cause he as that poor and we only managed a single field goal...
NFL thread on 16:23 - Sep 10 with 4545 viewsGuthrum

No, one of mine went the other way!

Was a cracking final quarter, though. Thought the hairy defender had blown it when he gave away a stupid penalty with the Bears on 4th down.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

NFL thread on 16:24 - Sep 10 with 4537 viewsIllinoisblue

NFL thread on 15:58 - Sep 10 by bluewein

couple of awful field goal attempts late in that game!

62 - 78 - 81

NFL thread on 16:26 - Sep 10 with 4533 viewsIllinoisblue

NFL thread on 16:23 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

No, one of mine went the other way!

Was a cracking final quarter, though. Thought the hairy defender had blown it when he gave away a stupid penalty with the Bears on 4th down.

Clay Matthews the hairy defenders! He got away with it. The Bears player - Kyle Fuller - should be fired for not making that interception. Would have ended the game.

62 - 78 - 81

NFL thread on 16:27 - Sep 10 with 4528 viewsfloridablue

Probably mine had the surprise win of the day...Buccs at Orleans and their journeyman reserve quarter back having a belter of a game. Apparently he has enough kids for a 7 a side team and is one of the most intelligent guys in the league and he looks a monster! Hope to get along to the Tampa Buccs game next month against the Browns.
NFL thread on 16:30 - Sep 10 with 4527 viewsGuthrum

NFL thread on 16:26 - Sep 10 by Illinoisblue

Clay Matthews the hairy defenders! He got away with it. The Bears player - Kyle Fuller - should be fired for not making that interception. Would have ended the game.

Think the pressure got to your QB more, too. Some of those final passes were rather wild.

NFL thread on 16:34 - Sep 10 with 4522 viewsGuthrum

NFL thread on 16:30 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Think the pressure got to your QB more, too. Some of those final passes were rather wild.

Don't follow NFL sufficiently closely to know most of the players' names, but have a liking for both Green Bay and the Ravens.

Watch more College Football than NFL, thanks to the friend I'm on holiday with, who got me into it.

Login to get fewer ads

NFL thread on 16:37 - Sep 10 with 4515 viewsSW6Tractor

NFL thread on 16:34 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Don't follow NFL sufficiently closely to know most of the players' names, but have a liking for both Green Bay and the Ravens.

Watch more College Football than NFL, thanks to the friend I'm on holiday with, who got me into it.

College football is immeasurably more exciting to watch than the NFL
NFL thread on 16:42 - Sep 10 with 4507 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

My team was the absolute epitome of 'Mixed Bag'

Seahawks looked Incredible at times both sides of the ball, only to then look downright (and comically) amateurish moments later. That said Broncos were equally as error prone in what was an entertaining (if not low quality at times) match.

Ridiculous fumble and False start in the closing seconds to miss out on the chance to gain some yards and a Field Goal attempt to lose out 27-24 just about summed up the day. Russell Wilson went from Caviar to Cabbage all day.
NFL thread on 16:50 - Sep 10 with 4493 viewsIllinoisblue

NFL thread on 16:37 - Sep 10 by SW6Tractor

that's generally true although often not the case early in the college season when the good teams are playing mickey mouse teams before conference play starts.

62 - 78 - 81

NFL thread on 16:50 - Sep 10 with 4486 viewsIllinoisblue

NFL thread on 16:30 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

it was definitely a game of two halves as they say

62 - 78 - 81

NFL thread on 17:07 - Sep 10 with 4462 viewsjudespiveyg

Lost 16-8 away at Carolina. Rather predictably with about 1 good receiver on the whole team Prescott struggled to make any good plays offensively. The O-line was poor so no chance for Dak to make plays. Also predictably it was Zeke Elliott to get our only TD of the game. Could be a long season.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 19:03]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

NFL thread on 17:15 - Sep 10 with 4448 viewsSW6Tractor

NFL thread on 16:50 - Sep 10 by Illinoisblue

that's generally true although often not the case early in the college season when the good teams are playing mickey mouse teams before conference play starts.

Poor old Bowling Green. Used to massacre them on NCAA.
NFL thread on 17:38 - Sep 10 with 4423 viewslukey130490

Mine couldn't deliver in the redzone, bringing last seasons problems into this season
NFL thread on 17:42 - Sep 10 with 4417 viewslukey130490

NFL thread on 16:34 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Went and watched Boston College when we went and watched the NFL season opener, it was an enjoyable experience, although wish it couldve been this year. Even though theyve been playing mickey mouse teams, theye still scored 50+ points consecutively in two games
NFL thread on 18:35 - Sep 10 with 4364 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

NFL thread on 16:42 - Sep 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

My team was the absolute epitome of 'Mixed Bag'

Seahawks looked Incredible at times both sides of the ball, only to then look downright (and comically) amateurish moments later. That said Broncos were equally as error prone in what was an entertaining (if not low quality at times) match.

Ridiculous fumble and False start in the closing seconds to miss out on the chance to gain some yards and a Field Goal attempt to lose out 27-24 just about summed up the day. Russell Wilson went from Caviar to Cabbage all day.

That last drive was a mess, wasn't it. Nothing wrong with the snap on Wilson's fumble either.

Not sure what kind of season we're in for but racking up five straight defeats since the beginning of pre-season hasn't exactly given me confidence. A transition season for both Ipswich and Seattle, perhaps...!

NFL thread on 19:01 - Sep 10 with 4333 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

NFL thread on 16:37 - Sep 10 by SW6Tractor

True and false

Wide disparity between teams means a much larger number of games are pointless viewing, but in any given week you are guaranteed some belters. Wider season is much more fun to follow as a whole too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

NFL thread on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 4237 viewschristiand

NFL thread on 17:07 - Sep 10 by judespiveyg

Lost 16-8 away at Carolina. Rather predictably with about 1 good receiver on the whole team Prescott struggled to make any good plays offensively. The O-line was poor so no chance for Dak to make plays. Also predictably it was Zeke Elliott to get our only TD of the game. Could be a long season.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 19:03]

Being a Cowboys fan I thought I’d stay up and watch our season opener, wish I hadn’t!!! We look a very poor side and one that is devoid of ideas when in possession of the ball. To me, if Elliott’s running doesn’t fire we simply have no offence. Carolina did a job on him and we produced nothing. Hoping this will be Garrett’s last season, along with many of his coaching staff we just haven’t progressed under him and judging from last night’s woeful display we’re going backwards extremely quickly! 😡
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 21:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

NFL thread on 21:02 - Sep 10 with 4234 viewsTractorCam

My team drew to last season's 100% defeated team after being 21-7 up with about 5 minutes to go, interesting start.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

NFL thread on 21:26 - Sep 10 with 4209 viewsjudespiveyg

NFL thread on 21:01 - Sep 10 by christiand

Being a Cowboys fan I thought I’d stay up and watch our season opener, wish I hadn’t!!! We look a very poor side and one that is devoid of ideas when in possession of the ball. To me, if Elliott’s running doesn’t fire we simply have no offence. Carolina did a job on him and we produced nothing. Hoping this will be Garrett’s last season, along with many of his coaching staff we just haven’t progressed under him and judging from last night’s woeful display we’re going backwards extremely quickly! 😡

Linihen has to change something as our routes are so predictable. As for Garrett, the sooner he's out the door, the better. Releasing Bryant and Witten leaves us with just Beasley as a decent receiver, and with an unprotected QB it's not like we can even get the ball there. Prescott is a decent QB, but with no O-line it leaves Elliott as our only real threat in offence.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

NFL thread on 21:50 - Sep 10 with 4188 viewschristiand

NFL thread on 21:26 - Sep 10 by judespiveyg

Linihen has to change something as our routes are so predictable. As for Garrett, the sooner he's out the door, the better. Releasing Bryant and Witten leaves us with just Beasley as a decent receiver, and with an unprotected QB it's not like we can even get the ball there. Prescott is a decent QB, but with no O-line it leaves Elliott as our only real threat in offence.

Jerry Jones has been extremely loyal to Garrett for too long, I’m not sure why? Would he get a Head Coaching job anywhere else in the league? His record isn’t overly impressive - 67/54. I just wish he’d have been as loyal with Jimmy Johnson all those years ago, that side could’ve created NFL history, but he allowed egos to get in the way and it ruined a potential dynasty!

NFL thread on 23:47 - Sep 10 with 4128 viewsScottCandage

No, my favorite NFL team went down by 20 points at home to their biggest rival and still managed to win 24-23.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 23:48]
NFL thread on 07:41 - Sep 11 with 3972 viewsMaySixth

NFL thread on 21:01 - Sep 10 by christiand

we were predictably awful

Linehan and Garrett should have gone ages ago

Jerry Jones is senile and deluded

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

NFL thread on 12:54 - Sep 11 with 3857 viewschristiand

Anyone fancy the LA Rams for the Superbowl this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024