Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL thread 15:53 - Sep 10 with 8275 viewsIllinoisblue

did anyone else's favorite NFL team go up by 20 points on the road to their biggest rival and still manage to lose 24-23?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

NFL thread on 13:16 - Sep 11 with 3223 viewsSW6Tractor

NFL thread on 12:54 - Sep 11 by christiand

Anyone fancy the LA Rams for the Superbowl this year?

Yes, but they'll need to improve on last night's performance - the final score flatters.
NFL thread on 14:30 - Sep 11 with 3190 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No, my team won very comfortably. Although I am now very tired from the trip.
NFL thread on 14:34 - Sep 11 with 3183 viewshype313

I'm getting into NFL more and more these days, can you explain the leagues and who plays who, I'm struggling!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

NFL thread on 14:58 - Sep 11 with 3168 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 14:34 - Sep 11 by hype313

I'm getting into NFL more and more these days, can you explain the leagues and who plays who, I'm struggling!

Play everyone in your division twice, once home, once away, the other games 8 are rotation, certain divisions will play each other on any given year.
NFL thread on 12:43 - Sep 12 with 3096 viewsbritbiker

No. My team just traded (sold) their best player to the Chicago Bears a week before the season started. Never mind they will have loads of high picks in next years draft and will no doubt have to trade some away as they won't be able to give them all mega bucks deals and keep within the financial rules.
NFL thread on 12:45 - Sep 12 with 3094 viewsbritbiker

NFL thread on 12:54 - Sep 11 by christiand

Anyone fancy the LA Rams for the Superbowl this year?

Yes, think that they will be a hot favorite. Also hoping jacksonville jags will get close this season due to the talent they have on defence.
NFL thread on 12:53 - Sep 12 with 3091 viewsitfcjoe

NFL thread on 14:34 - Sep 11 by hype313

2 Conferences (AFC and NFC) of 16 teams, in each Conference it is 4 divisions (North, South, East, West) of 4 teams

You play 16 games as follows

6 games
In division - Home and Away against the 3 other teams

3 games
All the teams that finished in the same position as you in previous year in your conference. i.e. if you came 2nd in the NFC North you play the 3 teams that came second in NFC South, East and West

Rotation of division in Conference - 3 more games
You play all the teams in another NFC division which is a further 3 games from the above. As an e.g the NFC North and NFC West are paired up this season

Rotation of division out of conference - 4 more games
Each division in the NFC is paired with one from the AFC and each team plays each other once

And then at the end of the season the 4 division winners qualify for the play offs - plus the 2 teams with the best record that didn't win their division. Both of these Wild Card teams can come from the same division.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

NFL thread on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 3087 viewshype313

NFL thread on 12:53 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

2 Conferences (AFC and NFC) of 16 teams, in each Conference it is 4 divisions (North, South, East, West) of 4 teams

You play 16 games as follows

6 games
In division - Home and Away against the 3 other teams

3 games
All the teams that finished in the same position as you in previous year in your conference. i.e. if you came 2nd in the NFC North you play the 3 teams that came second in NFC South, East and West

Rotation of division in Conference - 3 more games
You play all the teams in another NFC division which is a further 3 games from the above. As an e.g the NFC North and NFC West are paired up this season

Rotation of division out of conference - 4 more games
Each division in the NFC is paired with one from the AFC and each team plays each other once

And then at the end of the season the 4 division winners qualify for the play offs - plus the 2 teams with the best record that didn't win their division. Both of these Wild Card teams can come from the same division.

Thanks Joe, I think...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

NFL thread on 13:04 - Sep 12 with 3079 viewsitfcjoe

NFL thread on 12:56 - Sep 12 by hype313

Thanks Joe, I think...

It is simpler than it sounds once you get used to it

NFL thread on 13:32 - Sep 12 with 3066 viewsphillymark

NFL thread on 17:07 - Sep 10 by judespiveyg

Lost 16-8 away at Carolina. Rather predictably with about 1 good receiver on the whole team Prescott struggled to make any good plays offensively. The O-line was poor so no chance for Dak to make plays. Also predictably it was Zeke Elliott to get our only TD of the game. Could be a long season.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 19:03]

Dak is terrible. Was a one year wonder and that will be all.
NFL thread on 13:33 - Sep 12 with 3063 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 13:32 - Sep 12 by phillymark

Dak is terrible. Was a one year wonder and that will be all.

They'll be bad this year. Skins Eagles main threat I think.
NFL thread on 13:36 - Sep 12 with 3059 viewsphillymark

NFL thread on 12:43 - Sep 12 by britbiker

No. My team just traded (sold) their best player to the Chicago Bears a week before the season started. Never mind they will have loads of high picks in next years draft and will no doubt have to trade some away as they won't be able to give them all mega bucks deals and keep within the financial rules.

Rookies get relatively low money so lots of draft picks means you can keep lots of players. For example, my team, the Eagles, have a Wentz, on a rookie deal til 2021(6mill a year, 28th in QB rankings - nothing for a QB) so aren't putting loads of money into their QB and can therefore get more high priced free agents
NFL thread on 13:37 - Sep 12 with 3056 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 13:36 - Sep 12 by phillymark

Rookies get relatively low money so lots of draft picks means you can keep lots of players. For example, my team, the Eagles, have a Wentz, on a rookie deal til 2021(6mill a year, 28th in QB rankings - nothing for a QB) so aren't putting loads of money into their QB and can therefore get more high priced free agents

and a back up a QB
NFL thread on 13:40 - Sep 12 with 3052 viewsphillymark

NFL thread on 13:33 - Sep 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

They'll be bad this year. Skins Eagles main threat I think.

Agree but, injuries notwithstanding, I think the Eagles are only second to the Patriots in "easiness to division title". The AFC East is horrendous. The Pats basically start 6-0 every year.
NFL thread on 13:41 - Sep 12 with 3050 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 13:40 - Sep 12 by phillymark

Agree but, injuries notwithstanding, I think the Eagles are only second to the Patriots in "easiness to division title". The AFC East is horrendous. The Pats basically start 6-0 every year.

The Eagles won't have it all their own way this year but will certainly make the playoffs. I think Rams the class of the NFC.
NFL thread on 13:43 - Sep 12 with 3043 viewsitfcjoe

NFL thread on 13:41 - Sep 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The Eagles won't have it all their own way this year but will certainly make the playoffs. I think Rams the class of the NFC.

I just don't see it with the Rams

NFL thread on 13:45 - Sep 12 with 3037 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 13:43 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

I just don't see it with the Rams

Not sure how to be honest.
NFL thread on 13:48 - Sep 12 with 3032 viewsitfcjoe

NFL thread on 13:45 - Sep 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Not sure how to be honest.

Just strike me as flat track bullies, struggle on the road against top defences too much.

NFL thread on 13:49 - Sep 12 with 3030 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 13:48 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Just strike me as flat track bullies, struggle on the road against top defences too much.

You see what I done last season, watch the growth this year. Plus Monday was in a hostile environment and they blew the Raiders out.
NFL thread on 13:51 - Sep 12 with 3025 viewsitfcjoe

NFL thread on 13:49 - Sep 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You see what I done last season, watch the growth this year. Plus Monday was in a hostile environment and they blew the Raiders out.

I didn't watch Monday, but from highlights I saw Carr was terrible but from highlights it is hard to tell if that is because he was getting pressured so much he was seeing ghosts etc.

Vikes have a tough schedule this year, Bears getting Mack is not good news.

NFL thread on 13:53 - Sep 12 with 3018 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

NFL thread on 13:51 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

I didn't watch Monday, but from highlights I saw Carr was terrible but from highlights it is hard to tell if that is because he was getting pressured so much he was seeing ghosts etc.

Vikes have a tough schedule this year, Bears getting Mack is not good news.

That's an interesting division this year!
NFL thread on 13:57 - Sep 12 with 3012 viewsitfcjoe

NFL thread on 13:53 - Sep 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

How long until Aaron Rodgers retires.....

NFL thread on 14:02 - Sep 12 with 2999 viewsphillymark

NFL thread on 13:53 - Sep 12 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Pats 6-1 (easy division, GOAT at QB)
Vikes 8-1 (Cousins looked really good, defense excellent)
Rams 8-1 (maybe most well rounded team in NFL)
Eagles 9-1 (superb defense, easyish division, beat decent team despite playing poorly - need a WR)
Packers 10-1
Steelers 11-1
Jags 12-1
Saints 15-1 - horrible loss week 1, might put 70 on the Browns this week as they are pissed
Falcons 20-1 - can't finish
Chiefs 20-1 - Hill is amazing, Mahomes looked good - is the defense good enough?
Chargers 25-1 - my sneaky pick - solid both sides of the ball
Texans 25-1 - Watson needs to be a lot better than he was in week 1
Panthers 28-1
Ravens 28-1

I think those are the teams that have a shot (though might stop the list at the chargers)
NFL thread on 14:04 - Sep 12 with 2992 viewsphillymark

NFL thread on 13:57 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

How long until Aaron Rodgers retires.....

Just signed a 4 year, $134 million contract so he has good reasons to stay. Admittedly he will pocket $80 million of that by March. Depends on how expensive Danica Patrick's tastes are I suppose
NFL thread on 14:13 - Sep 12 with 2981 viewsHoppersblue10

NFL thread on 15:58 - Sep 10 by bluewein

No, but mine managed to tie with the worst team over the last year and a half nearly losing in the last 10 seconds...

Browns are my new favourite team (Hard knocks on Sky) shame they could not get a win last week.

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024