Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season 09:44 - Sep 20 with 1551 viewsReuser_is_God

The side/set up we saw in the first half would get relegated with a record low points total.

The one we saw in the second would finish a fairly comfortable mid table.

The team selection on Saturday could prove absolute pivotal in how our season will pan out. If Hurst doesn’t go with what we saw in the second half on Tuesday against Bolton some serious question need to be asked of his credentials. I trust him to do the right thing though, it’s not like he’s a rookie manager who would make that sort of mistake twice in a week - he’s got enough experience to realise that he needs to stick with what we saw after half time against Brentford.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 9:45]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:49 - Sep 20 with 1501 viewsitfcjoe

If we don't start the game with side that started 2nd half then I'll be hugely disappointed.

Walters being out injured Saturday will be a blessing in disguise if it allows us to play this team and get a good win

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:49 - Sep 20 with 1499 viewsSteve_M

What if it's the same team selection but none of the intensity? That was as critical as the formation change and we still don't seem to be able to play for 90 minutes.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 1492 viewsITFC_Forever

True.... hopefully Hurst will resist the urge to tinker too much.

Although he has a Nsiala / Pennington decision to make.... I would keep Pennington who has been generally ok (although I accept he should have done better for the first goal against Hull), Nsiala always looks like he's about to dive in on a fool's mission of a tackle and put himself and the team in unnecessary danger.

Only other decision is if Walters is fit, but it seems like he might not be.

For me, Nolan finally showed what he's about on Tuesday - a real purpose about his play in terms of his runs and passing to link up the play.... he still needs to do more of it though.
Jackson is improving with each game and can be pleased with his goal, Edwards still looks very lively and Ward showed what he's best at - he too needs to do it more often.
Donacien is a natural RB, why Hurst keeps dropping / moving him is beyond me. Leave him there and he / we will be fine.
Spence should be relegated to serving Rommy his hot dog after his last couple of games - I've always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the last couple of matches from him have been awful.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 13:46]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:54 - Sep 20 with 1473 viewsReuser_is_God

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:49 - Sep 20 by Steve_M

What if it's the same team selection but none of the intensity? That was as critical as the formation change and we still don't seem to be able to play for 90 minutes.

Think the front 4 of Jackson, Edwards, Nolan & Ward natraully give us an intensity/energy to our game.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 9:55]

Evans out

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:58 - Sep 20 with 1461 viewsFrimleyBlue

I just think to much is being taken from that second half.

Yes I am well aware for the opening 10 minutes it was all Ipswich, but after that spell, it became a bit scrappy and we looked at the counter more than anything.

I completely agree, he can't be going into Saturday's game with the Tuesday starting lineup, but I'm just concerned too many are seeing to much from that second half and thinking that if he starts with that HT team, then everything will be ok.

It may well be, and great if it is, but I worry there's a majority hoping for something that might not come to fruition

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:03 - Sep 20 with 1449 viewsReuser_is_God

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:58 - Sep 20 by FrimleyBlue

Yes I am well aware for the opening 10 minutes it was all Ipswich, but after that spell, it became a bit scrappy and we looked at the counter more than anything.

I completely agree, he can't be going into Saturday's game with the Tuesday starting lineup, but I'm just concerned too many are seeing to much from that second half and thinking that if he starts with that HT team, then everything will be ok.

It may well be, and great if it is, but I worry there's a majority hoping for something that might not come to fruition

It was our best 45 minutes of the season, if we can’t take hope from that then what can we do?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2018 10:07]

Evans out

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 1418 viewsstewartm

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 09:58 - Sep 20 by FrimleyBlue

I totally agree with this post but maybe that second half might just be the start of better things to come. In reality we are going to be relegated this season under this manager and current set up, lets see if he sticks with the more successful selection and performance because that first half and the Hull performance has really got me worried about this manager. It is my opinion that he needs to be removed very quickly (maybe some tinkering and a Bolton defeat could be the start of the end for PH). Be careful of posting good comments because you will be accused of being a brexiteer or Trump fan or even a Corbyn fan by the haters here!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:12 - Sep 20 with 1409 viewsitfcjoe

You really are a ray of sunshine

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:12 - Sep 20 with 1412 viewsstrikalite

I do think he set up to stop Brentford playing in the first half and keep it tight and maybe from there change it as planned, maybe I'm wrong, you don't always have to start with your best side is the point I guess I'm trying to make...do agree re your front four though, Ward and Nolan were combining well, little partnerships take time but maybe we've found one there, both good on the ball which helps, one thing is for sure, we won't play too many sides who play one touch better than Brentford thankfully..
I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 1397 viewsSWGF

To my mind, the personnel of the midfield three and fullbacks are crucial. Two defensively-minded midfielders plus two limited fullbacks doesn't allow enough people to get forward; we don't get enough people in the box. Not sure what Edun has done to upset PH but he deserves a start IMO.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 1383 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:11 - Sep 20 by stewartm

I totally agree with this post but maybe that second half might just be the start of better things to come. In reality we are going to be relegated this season under this manager and current set up, lets see if he sticks with the more successful selection and performance because that first half and the Hull performance has really got me worried about this manager. It is my opinion that he needs to be removed very quickly (maybe some tinkering and a Bolton defeat could be the start of the end for PH). Be careful of posting good comments because you will be accused of being a brexiteer or Trump fan or even a Corbyn fan by the haters here!

Well done for shoe-horning some more politics into a debate about starting line ups
I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 13:10 - Sep 20 with 1154 viewsstewartm

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 10:16 - Sep 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Well done for shoe-horning some more politics into a debate about starting line ups

Liberal Hillary remainer nuts show their faces every where, do not let your guard down.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

I think Tuesday night has set a benchmark for the rest of our season on 13:40 - Sep 20 with 1091 viewsGarv

I think he's going to tinker again.

Either that or an injury will scupper plans.

Blessing in disguise if Walters still injured?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024