Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? 02:30 - Oct 14 with 5250 viewsBonchosBicycle

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/12/tt-did-derby-county-boss-frank-lampard-over
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 07:29 - Oct 14 with 5038 viewsPendejo

With regards to the title of the article - they paid a market rate.

With regards to right decision for Derby - well that's something for the hindsight review at end of the season. Too early to tell.
Right decision for Waghorn - in terms of pension pot and earnings, of course it was the right decision.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 08:12 - Oct 14 with 4906 viewsFtnfwest

2 in 4 starts? I suppose they need to play him a bit more to get their money’s worth
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 08:23 - Oct 14 with 4869 viewschristiand

Depends on Waghorn’s personal ambitions. If he was just about getting a bumper pay day and securing the long term future of his family then yes, he’s made the right decision.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 09:02 - Oct 14 with 4765 viewsTownly

Just because Waghorn is not the pivotal player at Derby the way he was at Ipswich doesn't indicate to me that they made a mistake.

He is in the match day squad after all and we are always led to assume that it's a squad game nowadays.

It more emphasises the relative strengths of the two squads, a factor which will become more significant when injuries take their toll during the hard Championship campaign.

He remains a very useful player to bring on as a substitute and didn't he lay on their equaliser against Norwich after all?

The article is making something out of nothing, imo, and the £5m fee is hardly over the top these days. It will become peanuts should Waggy score and lay on a few and Derby go up this season.
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 09:26 - Oct 14 with 4684 viewsPopeye

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 07:29 - Oct 14 by Pendejo

With regards to the title of the article - they paid a market rate.

With regards to right decision for Derby - well that's something for the hindsight review at end of the season. Too early to tell.
Right decision for Waghorn - in terms of pension pot and earnings, of course it was the right decision.

Right decision for him and club financially but for him personally probably not the wisest move. Marriott not consistent and nugent 33 yrs old so neither will play every game but in January will lampard sign someone else and try and offload Waghorn. I’m assuming it was franks decision to sign him and not a conifer decision but it seems strange considering the number of strikers they already have
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 10:36 - Oct 14 with 4510 viewsWickets

Bit to expensive to bring him back on loan in January i suppose!
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:20 - Oct 14 with 4274 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 10:36 - Oct 14 by Wickets

Bit to expensive to bring him back on loan in January i suppose!

Very much doubt he’d want to return here, was off as soon as it was apparent there was interest from other teams. Can’t even recall him saying much about us after he’d left either.
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:25 - Oct 14 with 4252 viewsJ2BLUE

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:20 - Oct 14 by backwiththeboysagain

Very much doubt he’d want to return here, was off as soon as it was apparent there was interest from other teams. Can’t even recall him saying much about us after he’d left either.

He wanted to go to Derby. Who can blame him? More money, more chance of promotion and he gets to play for a legend of the game. We love Town but for a random player it's a no brainer. He probably feels he paid us back with the fee we got for him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:57 - Oct 14 with 4165 viewsbournemouthblue

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:25 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

He wanted to go to Derby. Who can blame him? More money, more chance of promotion and he gets to play for a legend of the game. We love Town but for a random player it's a no brainer. He probably feels he paid us back with the fee we got for him.

Indeed an absolute no brainer

They are a bigger club currently with better resources. He previously played for Leicester up that way so may still have property in the area?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 16:04 - Oct 14 with 3978 viewsWickets

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:25 - Oct 14 by J2BLUE

TBH There is not many players who turn down moves that mean they are going to increase their salaries does not mean he had anything against Town. If the money was right he would return but it we all know it would not be. My thoughts are that ME has decided that big wages, such as he paid McGoldrick and more than likely Waghorn is now on are not for us. Reading between the lines Bart has likely had a big increase and that is not going well as yet!
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 16:37 - Oct 14 with 3911 viewsjas0999

If Waghorns ambitions are money related then it was clearly the right move for him. It would seem he wanted to go, so you’d assume it was the financial draw as realistically, if they do get promoted he won’t start too many in the PL.

As for Derby, £5 M for a championship proven striker is market rate. Something Evans really needs to consider. They got a good deal. As did we. Derbys squad looks good in comparison to ours.
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 17:20 - Oct 14 with 3846 viewsWickets

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 16:37 - Oct 14 by jas0999

If Waghorns ambitions are money related then it was clearly the right move for him. It would seem he wanted to go, so you’d assume it was the financial draw as realistically, if they do get promoted he won’t start too many in the PL.

As for Derby, £5 M for a championship proven striker is market rate. Something Evans really needs to consider. They got a good deal. As did we. Derbys squad looks good in comparison to ours.

Very true and i suppose Derbys budget looks good compared to ours, on the other side our owner quite possible got a bit Peed off paying about 35 grand a week on McGoldrick, Huw's and our other midfielders while they were injured.
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 00:08 - Oct 15 with 3488 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

would rather have a fit David McGoldrick back but neither will happen.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 12:10 - Oct 15 with 3216 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 08:23 - Oct 14 by christiand

Depends on Waghorn’s personal ambitions. If he was just about getting a bumper pay day and securing the long term future of his family then yes, he’s made the right decision.

There's more to life than money. He was earning a handsome wage playing for Ipswich, many times more than the average man earns.

He is capable of working after playing football, therefore his ability to earn money won't end when he is 35 or whatever age he finishes playing professional football.

He could have went on to play 200+ games for Town and become a club great. He'll end his career as a journeyman footballer and will be largely forgotten within a few years. Just like many before him.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 12:18 - Oct 15 with 3183 viewsNo9

Wasn't he happy at PR until PH arrived?
Which begs the question - was the decision enforced?
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:17 - Oct 15 with 3077 viewsJ2BLUE

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 12:10 - Oct 15 by The_Last_Baron

There's more to life than money. He was earning a handsome wage playing for Ipswich, many times more than the average man earns.

He is capable of working after playing football, therefore his ability to earn money won't end when he is 35 or whatever age he finishes playing professional football.

He could have went on to play 200+ games for Town and become a club great. He'll end his career as a journeyman footballer and will be largely forgotten within a few years. Just like many before him.

I don't understand this attitude. The general consensus is that Derby are the better bet for both finances and ambition yet people still seem a bit offended. Waghorn has a real chance to experience a promotion and possibly some Premier League game time. He's only won two minor trophies in Scotland. I'm sure he'd rather have the memory of a promotion than be a Town legend as harsh as that may be to hear.

People are being needlessly critical IMO

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 14:30 - Oct 15 with 3010 viewssoclopath

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:20 - Oct 14 by backwiththeboysagain

I think tha if ITFC had offered him the same terms as Derby or Boro, he wold still be with us,however this allowed the new manager to bring in his chosen players.
Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 18:42 - Oct 15 with 2891 viewsWickets

Did Waghorn or Derby make the right decision? on 13:17 - Oct 15 by J2BLUE

I don't understand this attitude. The general consensus is that Derby are the better bet for both finances and ambition yet people still seem a bit offended. Waghorn has a real chance to experience a promotion and possibly some Premier League game time. He's only won two minor trophies in Scotland. I'm sure he'd rather have the memory of a promotion than be a Town legend as harsh as that may be to hear.

People are being needlessly critical IMO

Yes we have to be realistic or we might as well say Edwards should still be at Pboro without getting an international call up.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2018 18:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024