Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some inside news 10:14 - Oct 16 with 11555 viewshampstead_blue

This is hardly new I know but.

At a dinner last week I had a chat with one of the most senior civil servants, a mate I play cricket with.

1) Jeremy Hunt for PM
2) The EU are doing everything they can to annex NI from the UK. They see it as a suitable punishment for wanting the leave their club.
3) Regardless of what the EU say, they are not interested in negotiating, they just want to make us suffer. All their talk of a settlement is spin and BS.

It doesn't matter who or which party negotiates, they just want to nail us to a post.

Doesn't show them in a good light.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some inside news on 09:43 - Oct 17 with 1355 viewsPhilTWTD

Some inside news on 08:24 - Oct 17 by hampstead_blue

To answer your point directly.

We have a broad population on this boar. I can honestly say that I only personally know two people who post,and enjoy the anonymity of the debate.

Politics and economics "can" spark an interesting debate. It does break up the monotony of 'def info' footy stuff. There were a couple of crackers knocking around during conference season.

Feel free to join in. The water is warm and all views are welcome.

The point he was making was that you posted the original post as Football rather than General. I moved it to the correct section.
Some inside news on 09:51 - Oct 17 with 1340 viewshampstead_blue

Some inside news on 09:43 - Oct 17 by PhilTWTD

The point he was making was that you posted the original post as Football rather than General. I moved it to the correct section.

Sorry, my mistake.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some inside news on 10:07 - Oct 17 with 1325 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 17:00 - Oct 16 by eireblue

Of course it can be lose/lose.

Thinking in terms of the UK being the EU's biggest customer is part of the issue.

The UK was part of the EU and there wasn't a UK and EU for many things.

There will now be a a EU without the income from the UK. That is a loss.

The UK will no longer be in the common market, that will be a loss. Even Brexiters state that there will be a loss in GDP, with possibly a brighter outlook in 5 to 10 years. And we all know how difficult predictions can be in the short term.

The quotation of the UK as a market is very misleading as you say because the Uk is a member state.
When we leave the Uk will become a third country, what this means is yet to be explained to the British public
Some inside news on 13:25 - Oct 17 with 1294 viewsEireannach_gorm

Some inside news on 16:53 - Oct 16 by braveblue

Terrible the way the politicians are not ignoring democracy just because you lost!!

Also, how did Ireland manage before we joined. No hard border and not an issue. Entirely possible to have a soft border.

Finally, if you believe the majority in NI are happy with a united Ireland you are deluded. Who do you think votes for the DUP?

The United Kingdom joined the European Economic Community (as it then was) on 1 January 1973 with Denmark and Ireland.

If the democratically elected Sinn Fein took their seats in Parliament the DUP would be irrelevant.
Some inside news on 13:36 - Oct 17 with 1282 viewsNo9

Some inside news on 13:25 - Oct 17 by Eireannach_gorm

The United Kingdom joined the European Economic Community (as it then was) on 1 January 1973 with Denmark and Ireland.

If the democratically elected Sinn Fein took their seats in Parliament the DUP would be irrelevant.

& there is a failure to recall the problems of all types when there were border controls
Some inside news on 20:37 - Oct 17 with 1236 viewsm14_blue

Def info about Brexit

I'm worried TWTD may have jumped the shark........
Some inside news on 20:49 - Oct 17 with 1230 viewsgordon

Let's look at the positives though. Liam Fox is about to address business leaders on 'the benefits of the Trade Dividend'.

Some inside news on 20:52 - Oct 17 with 1225 viewsm14_blue

Some inside news on 20:49 - Oct 17 by gordon

Let's look at the positives though. Liam Fox is about to address business leaders on 'the benefits of the Trade Dividend'.

Now that is one hot ticket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024