Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone 08:52 - Oct 22 with 2218 viewshype313

And says to Hurst "I'm sorry but your time is up, I can't risk waiting any longer"

The only positive this season is the quote that keeps getting repeated "its not like we have been battered by other teams"

Apart from that I'm struggling, and that is a damning indictment of Hursts tenure.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 08:53 - Oct 22 with 2216 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully so - it needs to happen ASAP before we are adrift.

He was at the game on Saturday so saw how bad it is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 08:56 - Oct 22 with 2202 viewshype313

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 08:53 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Hopefully so - it needs to happen ASAP before we are adrift.

He was at the game on Saturday so saw how bad it is

I just wonder if rather than jumping the gun and firing him on Saturday night, he has had yesterday to digest it all, and to also put feelers out to see who would be interested in taking over, I've no doubt he will have someone lined up, just like he did with Jim.

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:16 - Oct 22 with 2126 viewsITFC_Forever

No chance.

We'll be stuck with him until the next International break. 1 / 2 points from the 15 preceding that break and it will hard for even ME to admit it's been nothing but a grave mistake.

That ride-our-luck win at Swansea has bought Hurst time he doesn't deserve.

Any normal club would have binned him already.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:33 - Oct 22 with 2076 viewshype313

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:16 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

No chance.

We'll be stuck with him until the next International break. 1 / 2 points from the 15 preceding that break and it will hard for even ME to admit it's been nothing but a grave mistake.

Ye, I do wonder if that Swansea win actually buys him a few more weeks, however, Saturdays performance should have cemented the view that Swansea was a one off.

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:35 - Oct 22 with 2059 viewsITFC_Forever

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:33 - Oct 22 by hype313

Ye, I do wonder if that Swansea win actually buys him a few more weeks, however, Saturdays performance should have cemented the view that Swansea was a one off.

I wouldn't even go as far as to say Swansea was a one-off....we just got very lucky on the day.

They should have been out of sight.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:36 - Oct 22 with 2049 viewsGuthrum

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:16 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

No chance.

That's the thing. We're not in the realms of those zany owners who give their managers a couple of months then sack them for not having the team far enough up in the play-offs.

It's getting towards the end of October, we're bottom of the table, a couple of points from safety with just the one win under our belts, every small bit of progress cancelled out by the following game. Hurst does not appear to have answers for any of the issues afflicting the team (if it is just poor quality players, that reflects badly upon his judgment also). He does not even appear to be able to rally the squad for a battle of grim determination. Any last shreds of optimism have been blown away. The fanbase is pretty much united in its opinion - far more so than we ever were about McCarthy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 2045 viewsFrimleyBlue

Part of me though wonders if relegation if happens is part of the longer term plan. ( Not planned, but what's the word, collateral damage. )

Now, not saying theyre hoping to be relegated, but if it happens it happens.

Hurst speaks about short term happenings which will have longer term positive effects.

Perhaps, he's saying to Evans, look, these young league 1 players will come good, and it will take the club forward, but you might have to go back before it does.

Otherwise........ he's got to be binned asap.

If he's not sacked by End November, then relegation is clearly not an issue for Evans
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 9:44]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:38 - Oct 22 with 2033 viewsPJH

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:35 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

I wouldn't even go as far as to say Swansea was a one-off....we just got very lucky on the day.

As should Brentford have been at half time at PR.

I think the 9 points that we have actually got are more than we deserve-Blackburn should have gone 3-1 up in the first game and that one would have been all over.
Login to get fewer ads

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:40 - Oct 22 with 2014 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:37 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Part of me though wonders if relegation if happens is part of the longer term plan. ( Not planned, but what's the word, collateral damage. )

Hurst speaks about short term happenings which will have longer term positive effects.

Perhaps, he's saying to Evans, look, these young league 1 players will come good, and it will take the club forward, but you might have to go back before it does.

If he's not sacked by End November, then relegation is clearly not an issue for Evans

THis is just silly, there is no way that any club would plan to be relegated.

If we appointed Hurst in March when it looked like we were down then that is different

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:42 - Oct 22 with 1982 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:40 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

THis is just silly, there is no way that any club would plan to be relegated.

If we appointed Hurst in March when it looked like we were down then that is different

See you're taking it to literally, I didn't say plan to be relegated, BUT it could happen.

Sorry joe, added to my post, you're right it did come across as though I was saying it was planned. I don't directly mean that.

Waka waka eh eh

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:44 - Oct 22 with 1963 viewsflyingdutchman

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 08:56 - Oct 22 by hype313

I just wonder if rather than jumping the gun and firing him on Saturday night, he has had yesterday to digest it all, and to also put feelers out to see who would be interested in taking over, I've no doubt he will have someone lined up, just like he did with Jim.

He won't sack him 3 year contract to b paid and his cronies
I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:45 - Oct 22 with 1950 viewshype313

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:37 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Don't buy that myself, the club is far more saleable in the Championship than league one, and like RKD said in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Evans is actively looking for a sale.

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:49 - Oct 22 with 1917 viewsFrimleyBlue

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:45 - Oct 22 by hype313

Don't buy that myself, the club is far more saleable in the Championship than league one, and like RKD said in another thread, I wouldn't be surprised if Evans is actively looking for a sale.

I'm not sure it is

In championship, very small fish, big pond,

league one, bigger fish in potentially a smaller pond. Chances of success, winning football brings in people to the ground. Less financial output,

Waka waka eh eh

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:50 - Oct 22 with 1909 viewsGuthrum

I can't see how relegation could possibly not be an issue for Evans.

The club's income would fall (but still have some expensive players, e.g. Bialkowski), we would be a step further from the Prem, it's not going to strenghten the support and numbers coming to games. The damage to pride from dropping to the third tier for the first time in over 60 years would be significant (not to mention the mockery from up the road). There will be that much less media exposure.

None of these things are calculated to make the club closer to break even or a more saleable prospect at a price which might see him get some of his money back.

If either he or Hurst are considering a plan to take a step back to League One in order to move forwards, they should be taken away in a strait-jacket. It's insanely risky and (as an accidental strategy) has failed far more often than it has worked. Even teams which come back (often after multiple seasons) frequently just get stuck in the Championship again.

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:51 - Oct 22 with 1896 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:49 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

I'm not sure it is

league one, bigger fish in potentially a smaller pond. Chances of success, winning football brings in people to the ground. Less financial output,

The only way to make money is to get them into the PL.

Being 2 promotions from that as opposed to 1 is not a good thing in any shape or form for a potential investor

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:52 - Oct 22 with 1882 viewsKieran_Knows

I said earlier in the month I thought he'd get till the Millwall game, and I imagine that will be the case. I'd say he needs 4 points from Wednesday and Saturday to see his job safe for another few weeks.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:54 - Oct 22 with 1869 viewshype313

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:49 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

I'm not sure it is

But whoever buys the club will be doing so with the mindset of going up to the Pl, it's is obviously a lot quicker if you are in the Championship than if you were in League one.

Also, as we have seen in League one it's not a given that we will walk the league. This notion that everyone has of let's get relegated and have a season of seeing us win games isn't guaranteed, what if we have a terrible season and find ourselves in League Two?

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 10:04 - Oct 22 with 1825 viewsGuthrum

I wonder if today will be the day when Marcus picks up the phone on 09:35 - Oct 22 by ITFC_Forever

I have to disagree about that. Swansea were no less wasteful in front of goal than ourselves. For all the chances they put wide or were saved, we had a number of those, too. It was genuinely end-to-end with both sides attacking furiously and not defending very well. They rode their luck and benifitted from our profligacy as much as we did in the other direction.

But it seems to have been a performace out on its own - and possibly (as was said at the time) aided by some odd selections and substitutions from Potter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024