Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arron Banks -Brexit 14:14 - Nov 1 with 1308 viewsNo9

A new twist on brexit
Arron Banks legitimacy of his brexit cash to be investigated by National Crime Agency

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2018/nov/01/brexit-javid-overrule
Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 1243 viewsRegencyBlue

Personally I want to know how much it cost the Government to send a pro EU leaflet to every household in the country during the campaign!
Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:22 - Nov 1 with 1233 viewsNo9

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:18 - Nov 1 by RegencyBlue

Personally I want to know how much it cost the Government to send a pro EU leaflet to every household in the country during the campaign!

The fugure quoted was £9 Mn as I understand it, however any governemtn has a duty to tell the electorate what any vote is about. As we see day by day as things unfold, even those negotiating don't understand what they are doing.

As an side, the £ figure the CoE told us this week is to help with the cost of brexit he's provided £4Bn so and if I understood Ms Truss right he's put circa £15 Bn into a kitty to cover any costs not yet identified
Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:22 - Nov 1 with 1233 viewsLeagueOne

I agree on that one - it was fair enough for the Conservatives to outline why they wanted to stay in the EU but the opposition should have been afforded the same privilege in the interest of fairness.

Having said that if Banks is guilty, he should be put in prison for it.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:23 - Nov 1 with 1232 viewsBlueBadger

£350M for every week spent writing, editing, printing and distributing it....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:26 - Nov 1 with 1227 viewsBrianTablet

Why can't we have an opt in / opt out scenario?
People can choose to pay, say, £250 and get visa-free travel or they opt out and pay visas each time they travel.

Same for businesses. Opt in, and get tariff-free trade. Opt out, get some cash and then pay all the necessary trade charges.
Opt in - covered by Euro Courts and if not, trust in Her Majesty's justice.
Etc

People that opt out would get a £250 windfall as a share of the savings, which they can use to buy a union jack duvet or portrait of Nigel Farage standing astride the Indian continent.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:36 - Nov 1 with 1208 viewsfactual_blue

To be precise, it was a leaflet explaining government policy, which was of course that remaining in the EU was the best option.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:39 - Nov 1 with 1203 viewsLeagueOne

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:36 - Nov 1 by factual_blue

To be precise, it was a leaflet explaining government policy, which was of course that remaining in the EU was the best option.

*Conservative Party policy.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:44 - Nov 1 with 1198 viewsfactual_blue

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:39 - Nov 1 by LeagueOne

*Conservative Party policy.

Government policy.

Login to get fewer ads

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:46 - Nov 1 with 1199 viewsfactual_blue

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:26 - Nov 1 by BrianTablet

Why can't we have an opt in / opt out scenario?
People can choose to pay, say, £250 and get visa-free travel or they opt out and pay visas each time they travel.

Same for businesses. Opt in, and get tariff-free trade. Opt out, get some cash and then pay all the necessary trade charges.
Opt in - covered by Euro Courts and if not, trust in Her Majesty's justice.
Etc

People that opt out would get a £250 windfall as a share of the savings, which they can use to buy a union jack duvet or portrait of Nigel Farage standing astride the Indian continent.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/the-brief-associate-eu-citizensh

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:55 - Nov 1 with 1190 viewsNo9

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:46 - Nov 1 by factual_blue

https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/the-brief-associate-eu-citizensh

That was a year ago - D Davis, he's probably changed his mind since then; several times
& will again when he wakes up
Arron Banks -Brexit on 17:14 - Nov 1 with 1173 viewstabletopjoe

You’ve got to admire the losers, they never give up

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Arron Banks -Brexit on 17:22 - Nov 1 with 1152 viewsfactual_blue

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:55 - Nov 1 by No9

That was a year ago - D Davis, he's probably changed his mind since then; several times
& will again when he wakes up

What he 'thinks' though is even more irrelevant now than it ever was.

Arron Banks -Brexit on 17:33 - Nov 1 with 1137 viewsSwansea_Blue

Arron Banks -Brexit on 16:22 - Nov 1 by LeagueOne

I agree on that one - it was fair enough for the Conservatives to outline why they wanted to stay in the EU but the opposition should have been afforded the same privilege in the interest of fairness.

Having said that if Banks is guilty, he should be put in prison for it.

It laid out the options pretty clearly I thought, for both sides. And was reasonably prophetic in that it said nobody knew what leaving would mean, and 2.5 years later we still don’t.

A pro-leave version would have had to rely on pure guesswork and a sprinkling of fantasy, which would have been an irresponsible waste of money. If people want that they can just buy the Express, Mail, Sun, etc. I’d rather read about the few facts we actually know, whatever side they come down on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024