Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Iceland palm oil thing....... 09:23 - Nov 21 with 7441 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.......when are they going to stop stocking meat?
https://lyndseystripped.com/2018/11/18/why-im-not-boycotting-palm-oil-this-chris
......educational read.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 9:25]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

on 21:37 - Nov 21 with 1536 views_

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 21:34 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Diet is an odd one. It seems to turn many normal people in complete nutters. The low carb community is as bad as the vegan community. I used to be a militant low carber...I would post long posts on another forum directed at other low carbers who would pat me on the back and tell me how knowledgeable I was. I would post detailed posts about insulin causing weight gain and how the government was causing all our health problems with the food pyramid. I believed low carbing was the only way to truly get healthy and lose fat. You could do it other ways but you would lose muscle and not 100% fat like you would in ketosis!

I look back and cringe at my stupidity and wonder how I could have been so sure that low carbing was the holy grail. I got a job opposite a sandwich shop and I used to look out the window watching perfectly slim people coming out of the shop with a sandwich, crisps, fruit juice or full sugar Coke and some sort of confectionery and wonder why they weren't gaining huge amounts of fat with all those carbs driving all that insulin. I started to question things and several years later after reading endless studies and common sense diet blogs/articles I finally admitted to myself that I was wrong. Trouble is when I posted on low carb sites and only read low carb blogs etc there was no one to challenge my views. Some low carb blogs are ridiculous. Jimmy Moore has one called Livin La Vida Low Carb. It's clearly not working for him anymore yet he's built an empire around being a low carber so he goes more and more extreme. This was one of his meals when he was on a quest to consume the highest possible percentage of his calories from fat:

That's five eggs cooked in butter with an entire block of butter...

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 21:46 - Nov 21 with 1522 viewsJ2BLUE

on 21:37 - Nov 21 by _

Agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 21:48 - Nov 21 with 1519 viewsfooters

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 21:14 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Every time I order a Musclefood order and have a freezer full of meat I then question why the hell I bought it. It always seem a good idea at the time.

I was reading about oat milk earlier. Apparently there is a shortage. I will have to try it.

Freezing meat is never a good idea. You lose so many of the nutrients during the freezing, deterioration and defrosting processes that it's almost a false economy. Buy fresh. buy from the butcher- happy days.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 21:53 - Nov 21 with 1510 views_

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 21:48 - Nov 21 by footers

Freezing meat is never a good idea. You lose so many of the nutrients during the freezing, deterioration and defrosting processes that it's almost a false economy. Buy fresh. buy from the butcher- happy days.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:00 - Nov 21 with 1495 viewsjeera

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 21:48 - Nov 21 by footers

Plenty of free food roaming about across the country too.

How we farm so much and ignore the plethora of rabbits and pigeons readily out there is a disgrace really.

And as Fredders said earlier, 'hunters'* wasting food after they've killed it is sickening.

*It's not hunting is it? Going out armed with a shotgun against some freshly released bird who doesn't know where it is or what day it is, is hardly a worthy adversary.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:04 - Nov 21 with 1485 viewsfooters

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:00 - Nov 21 by jeera

Plenty of free food roaming about across the country too.

How we farm so much and ignore the plethora of rabbits and pigeons readily out there is a disgrace really.

And as Fredders said earlier, 'hunters'* wasting food after they've killed it is sickening.

*It's not hunting is it? Going out armed with a shotgun against some freshly released bird who doesn't know where it is or what day it is, is hardly a worthy adversary.

Mate, pheasants are so stupid they're like a free-roaming takeaway!

You're completely right. It's a shame game isn't eaten more widely these days. I remember rabbit pie being a real staple, now you can't really get rabbit from anywhere.

It's like the cod obsession we Brits used to have despite having one of the best fishing grounds in the whole of Europe. All the rest gets sold to the clever French and Italians!

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:07 - Nov 21 with 1477 viewsfooters

on 21:53 - Nov 21 by _

Yeah, it really kicks off the decaying process (not sure if that's technically decay but wotevs). Besides which, a lot of meat and fish is partially frozen before arriving at the supermarket/butcher anyhow so it's just doubling down by freezing at home.

I suppose what most people have in the freezer is processed convenience foods, which is fair enough if you're not much of a cook/can't tell the difference/aren't interested in nutrition.

But I've got three things in mine: peas, vodka and ice. Nada mas.

on 22:13 - Nov 21 with 1468 views_

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:07 - Nov 21 by footers

Yeah, it really kicks off the decaying process (not sure if that's technically decay but wotevs). Besides which, a lot of meat and fish is partially frozen before arriving at the supermarket/butcher anyhow so it's just doubling down by freezing at home.

I suppose what most people have in the freezer is processed convenience foods, which is fair enough if you're not much of a cook/can't tell the difference/aren't interested in nutrition.

Login to get fewer ads

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:20 - Nov 21 with 1458 viewsJ2BLUE

on 22:13 - Nov 21 by _

Chicken breast, hache steak, peas, Quorn sausages, Quorn mince, Quorn pieces, fish fingers

Truly impaired.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:24 - Nov 21 with 1445 viewsjeera

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:07 - Nov 21 by footers

Poo free ice I hope.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:08 - Nov 21 with 1424 viewsmonytowbray

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:20 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Chicken breast, hache steak, peas, Quorn sausages, Quorn mince, Quorn pieces, fish fingers

Ice cream and chips.

Need to do a food shop LOL.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:17 - Nov 21 with 1415 viewsjeera

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:08 - Nov 21 by monytowbray

Ice cream and chips.

Need to do a food shop LOL.

There's a main there and a dessert.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:22 - Nov 21 with 1411 viewsfooters

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:24 - Nov 21 by jeera

Poo free ice I hope.

There is a story I know involving poo, a freezer and a sex act that I'm unwilling to share on here in more detail but sure you get the picture.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:49 - Nov 21 with 1386 viewsJ2BLUE

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:17 - Nov 21 by jeera

There's a main there and a dessert.

What if you don't fancy chips though? Where are the fish fingers?

Truly impaired.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:53 - Nov 21 with 1382 viewsjeera

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 23:22 - Nov 21 by footers

There is a story I know involving poo, a freezer and a sex act that I'm unwilling to share on here in more detail but sure you get the picture.

I'm trying not to.

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 08:37 - Nov 22 with 1311 viewsEly_Blue

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 13:26 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

But it's not coming from a sustainable source given the figures I've shown - 84% from those two small countries.

Given this the rest of the point, whilst having merit, isn't really valid to the discussion.

SB

The problem is that much of the info in that article appears to be out of date (quoting 2007 & 2012) given that RSPO only rolled out in 2007 then it is hard for the WWF info to have any historical data to back up what they are saying. https://www.rspo.org/certification/how-rspo-certification-works

I work within the food industry so I am probably closer to the coal face on understanding this and the next generation of what will happen if the other areas of the palm oil replacements aren’t monitored too. I was discussing this with a colleague the other day and it would appear that the whole world seems to be being moved from one thing to the next and then on to the next with each stage taking the full brunt of the demands which are unsustainable.

What would be better is if there were sustainable quotas on all of these fats and oils, palm oil per se is not bad for you but the I’ll informed press and statements from people such as the WWF and scaremongering from Iceland don’t tell the full story.

It is all well and good making the public aware of certain things but they need to be fully aware of the consequences.

I wonder if Iceland would for example be happy at the revelation of their fish which is caught in Baltic waters being shipped to China to be processed before sending back to the Uk for sale, the air miles alone are crazy in that and it’s doing just as much damage to the planet! (I know it’s not necessarily related but I wanted to make a point that it’s no good being holier than thou whilst ignoring other environmental issues)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 08:44 - Nov 22 with 1305 viewsStokieBlue

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 08:37 - Nov 22 by Ely_Blue

The problem is that much of the info in that article appears to be out of date (quoting 2007 & 2012) given that RSPO only rolled out in 2007 then it is hard for the WWF info to have any historical data to back up what they are saying. https://www.rspo.org/certification/how-rspo-certification-works

I work within the food industry so I am probably closer to the coal face on understanding this and the next generation of what will happen if the other areas of the palm oil replacements aren’t monitored too. I was discussing this with a colleague the other day and it would appear that the whole world seems to be being moved from one thing to the next and then on to the next with each stage taking the full brunt of the demands which are unsustainable.

What would be better is if there were sustainable quotas on all of these fats and oils, palm oil per se is not bad for you but the I’ll informed press and statements from people such as the WWF and scaremongering from Iceland don’t tell the full story.

It is all well and good making the public aware of certain things but they need to be fully aware of the consequences.

I wonder if Iceland would for example be happy at the revelation of their fish which is caught in Baltic waters being shipped to China to be processed before sending back to the Uk for sale, the air miles alone are crazy in that and it’s doing just as much damage to the planet! (I know it’s not necessarily related but I wanted to make a point that it’s no good being holier than thou whilst ignoring other environmental issues)

Your last sentence is exactly the point people are making. We might have to ignore things like that and focus on smaller, more manageable blocks like palm oil plantations which could be solved.

Trying to do everything at once results in information overload, nothing getting done and everyone playing their fiddles whilst Rome burns.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 10:05 - Nov 22 with 1291 viewsNo9

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 22:04 - Nov 21 by footers

Mate, pheasants are so stupid they're like a free-roaming takeaway!

You're completely right. It's a shame game isn't eaten more widely these days. I remember rabbit pie being a real staple, now you can't really get rabbit from anywhere.

It's like the cod obsession we Brits used to have despite having one of the best fishing grounds in the whole of Europe. All the rest gets sold to the clever French and Italians!

We had rabbit last week-end, Pheasant the one before & Partridges the week before that.
It depends where you live but there is a good game dealer on Norwich market.

Most cod is imported now since the South N.S got warmer, we now get fish all year that only used to be available in the summer. But fish is now very expensive unless you can find someone who lands it locally, again the 'market' system screws the prices= the dover sole that will cost you a fiver when bought from a local will cost more than double that once it's been through the 'market' system.
That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 10:06 - Nov 22 with 1288 viewsNo9

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 08:37 - Nov 22 by Ely_Blue

Out of interest what fish is caught in the Baltic?
That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 13:25 - Nov 22 with 1252 viewsEly_Blue

That Iceland palm oil thing....... on 10:06 - Nov 22 by No9

Out of interest what fish is caught in the Baltic?

Erm really?

How about cod!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024