Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... 09:49 - Nov 25 with 4184 viewsviolablu

Preparing for life in League 1 with Chambo as player-manager.
Anyone see a different outcome?
Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 09:55 - Nov 25 with 3574 viewsWD19

Clearing up the mess after the civic reception yesterday to celebrate our FA Cup win last week.
on 09:55 - Nov 25 with 3575 views_

ITFC in 6 months' time you say? on 09:58 - Nov 25 with 3559 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 3559 viewsfloridaboy

on 09:55 - Nov 25 by _

God forbid that happens! If we go down and there is still half the season to go, would like to think Lambert would stay and Get us back up, just like he did up the road.

Just wish people would be a bit more positive. We are not down yet!!!
on 10:02 - Nov 25 with 3548 views_

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 09:59 - Nov 25 by floridaboy

God forbid that happens! If we go down and there is still half the season to go, would like to think Lambert would stay and Get us back up, just like he did up the road.

Just wish people would be a bit more positive. We are not down yet!!!

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 10:02 - Nov 25 with 3544 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I 100% think Lambert will remain in charge if we go down.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 10:36 - Nov 25 with 3494 viewsGuthrum

Yes. Town having survived in the Championship with Lambert setting about organising his team for next season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 10:38 - Nov 25 with 3477 viewsbilllm

Have to agree with guthrum,
Login to get fewer ads

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 10:46 - Nov 25 with 3455 viewsGuthrum

on 10:02 - Nov 25 by _

We're in a tricky situation. If we were still bottom at the end of March, that would be desperate.

Are people really saying it's impossible to make up a 6 point gap in more than half a season, with a dynamic manager, the team now full of fight and a transfer window opening in just over a month's time?

on 10:49 - Nov 25 with 3440 views_

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 10:46 - Nov 25 by Guthrum

We're in a tricky situation. If we were still bottom at the end of March, that would be desperate.

Are people really saying it's impossible to make up a 6 point gap in more than half a season, with a dynamic manager, the team now full of fight and a transfer window opening in just over a month's time?

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... (n/t) on 11:01 - Nov 25 with 3414 viewsGuthrum

on 10:49 - Nov 25 by _

Momentum. People talk about a "new manager bounce" as if it guarantees wins. However, we had a squad who lost three on the trot. Even draws are an upturn from that.

If Lambert's bounce can carry us through to January without further significant damage, then there is a chance to reorganise and get in a player or two. Probably not £10m worth, but something.

If we can average a point per game (maybe one win to cover a couple of defeats), we will still be in touch. There are several teams - notably relegation rivals Bolton - with form worse than that.

Edit: It may not work out that way, but it isn't entirely rational to write us off as doomed yet.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 11:03]

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 11:05 - Nov 25 with 3393 viewsgtsb

I think we'll go down and it won't even be close BUT I'm not one of those who thinks it will be disastrous for the club. I actually think it might be the rock bottom we need to hit. Lambert will stay and this club will rise again. On a side note I was talking to a Norwich fan I know last night and he said he loves the championship and the drama of it all and knows when/if they go up they lose some of that enjoyment as all they want to do is survive as they know they can't compete. Going by that analogy I actually think we'll have a more enjoyable season.....for once.
on 11:05 - Nov 25 with 3389 views_

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... (n/t) on 11:01 - Nov 25 by Guthrum

Momentum. People talk about a "new manager bounce" as if it guarantees wins. However, we had a squad who lost three on the trot. Even draws are an upturn from that.

If Lambert's bounce can carry us through to January without further significant damage, then there is a chance to reorganise and get in a player or two. Probably not £10m worth, but something.

If we can average a point per game (maybe one win to cover a couple of defeats), we will still be in touch. There are several teams - notably relegation rivals Bolton - with form worse than that.

Edit: It may not work out that way, but it isn't entirely rational to write us off as doomed yet.

It's completely IRrational to write us off at this stage on 11:13 - Nov 25 with 3362 viewsDyland

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... (n/t) on 11:01 - Nov 25 by Guthrum

That's footy fans innit. Completely irrational half the time, clueless the rest of the time.

I include myself in that btw :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

"Lambert will stay and this club will rise again" on 11:18 - Nov 25 with 3356 viewsDyland

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 11:05 - Nov 25 by gtsb

I think we'll go down and it won't even be close BUT I'm not one of those who thinks it will be disastrous for the club. I actually think it might be the rock bottom we need to hit. Lambert will stay and this club will rise again. On a side note I was talking to a Norwich fan I know last night and he said he loves the championship and the drama of it all and knows when/if they go up they lose some of that enjoyment as all they want to do is survive as they know they can't compete. Going by that analogy I actually think we'll have a more enjoyable season.....for once.

That's one possible outcome. Not the most likely one unfortunately.

Come on ffs. You think it will be BETTER to be relegated and try and come back, than survive and push on from this division? It's a baffling viewpoint.

It's not a nailed on certainty and while there is still more than a snifter of hope I suggest we all get some positive vibes going and fight for every little scrap, to the end, all the way.

As I said the other day, I understand the resignation to relegation, I feel it myself and have to kick myself out of it and remember we're not dead yet. Relegation would be nothing but an abject disaster for ITFC. Looking for a silver lining is cognitive dissonance working in top gear.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 11:24]

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 11:21 - Nov 25 with 3337 viewshomer_123

It's certainly possible Guthers. There is one slight issue in that we still haven't won a game under Lambert. At the risk of re repeating myself, all the great work he is doing is moot unless we win and get some confidence.

We look better than under Hurst but, oddly, suffer the same problem, it's just in spells.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... (n/t) on 11:21 - Nov 25 with 3339 viewsGuthrum

on 11:05 - Nov 25 by _

Not disagreeing with you about the state of the club. Altho some of that has to do with circumstance (massive inflation), not just the ownership.

Statistics are great for illustrating broad trends, but there will always be anomalies which buck those. Especially in sport, where each game is a discrete event with its own set of circumstances. Catch a team on an off-day or having made the wrong selections, it is quite possible to win against someone much stronger on paper.

Town only need to do that a few times - while showing consistency ourselves - and we will be in with a fighting chance.

We handled WBA better than high-flying Leeds did, came very close to snatching a draw.

"Lambert will stay and this club will rise again" on 11:22 - Nov 25 with 3333 viewsCoco

"Lambert will stay and this club will rise again" on 11:18 - Nov 25 by Dyland

Come on ffs. You think it will be BETTER to be relegated and try and come back, than survive and push on from this division? It's a baffling viewpoint.

It's not a nailed on certainty and while there is still more than a snifter of hope I suggest we all get some positive vibes going and fight for every little scrap, to the end, all the way.

As I said the other day, I understand the resignation to relegation, I feel it myself and have to kick myself out of it and remember we're not dead yet. Relegation would be nothing but an abject disaster for ITFC. Looking for a silver lining is cognitive dissonance working in top gear.

If we go down, we go down and will have to deal with it. The club probably won’t fold so we may as well be supporters and and stop feeling sorry for ourselves and strap in for the rollercoaster. We’re the underdog let’s start revelling in it. Coyb.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... (n/t) on 11:25 - Nov 25 with 3314 viewshomer_123

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... (n/t) on 11:21 - Nov 25 by Guthrum

Not disagreeing with you about the state of the club. Altho some of that has to do with circumstance (massive inflation), not just the ownership.

Statistics are great for illustrating broad trends, but there will always be anomalies which buck those. Especially in sport, where each game is a discrete event with its own set of circumstances. Catch a team on an off-day or having made the wrong selections, it is quite possible to win against someone much stronger on paper.

Town only need to do that a few times - while showing consistency ourselves - and we will be in with a fighting chance.

We handled WBA better than high-flying Leeds did, came very close to snatching a draw.

I think you are being generous with regards to WBA, though that is football.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 11:27 - Nov 25 with 3305 viewsGuthrum

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 11:21 - Nov 25 by homer_123

It's certainly possible Guthers. There is one slight issue in that we still haven't won a game under Lambert. At the risk of re repeating myself, all the great work he is doing is moot unless we win and get some confidence.

We look better than under Hurst but, oddly, suffer the same problem, it's just in spells.

Rome was not built in a day. It took McCarthy four or five games to sort out Jewell's mess. We may not have won, but neither have we been spanked 6 - 0.

One thing we do have on our side is time. 28 games to overcome the deficit.

"Lambert will stay and this club will rise again" on 11:29 - Nov 25 with 3299 viewsgtsb

"Lambert will stay and this club will rise again" on 11:18 - Nov 25 by Dyland

I never said it would be better, I said I don't think it will be as bad as many have predicted.
fair enough on 11:34 - Nov 25 with 3281 viewsDyland

"Lambert will stay and this club will rise again" on 11:29 - Nov 25 by gtsb

I never said it would be better, I said I don't think it will be as bad as many have predicted.

The subject line is still a pretty hefty supposition on your part though :)

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 11:35 - Nov 25 with 3278 viewsWhymarkmariner

Unfortunately you now have not only a situation in the Premier League where you have a top half dozen and the rest fighting relegation, you also have a Championship that consists of the teams that are relegated with vast sums of money and hold on to Premier league players or you have teams that are well run, that genuinely invest decent money and then you have teams like Town. With an owner who as soon as he gets a decent asset sells him, tells the manager to bring in someone at a fraction of the price and then has the cheek to say the money has been spent on wages. ME came in thinking he would see Premier League football within two or three seasons, through bad Managers he hasn't achieved that. He employed McCarthy on a very good wage to get us out of the Doh-Dah and to balance the books every season. Once fans became totally fed up with Micky Mouth he was fortunate that MM's tenure was up and the cry was for an up and coming guy, hence PH. Unfortunately for him yet another poor manager or at least one that wasn't aware of what was needed to survive and so we come to our current situation. Not good, but until mathematically impossible we can't say that relegation is inevitable.
Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 12:36 - Nov 25 with 3145 viewsBurwell_Blue

How about if those around us change managers too, what happens then? Is our new manager bounce cancelled out?
Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 19:24 - Nov 25 with 2845 viewsGuthrum

Crystal ball: ITFC in 6 months time... on 12:36 - Nov 25 by Burwell_Blue

How about if those around us change managers too, what happens then? Is our new manager bounce cancelled out?

Then we shall still be a few games ahead of them in the process. The "new manager bounce" is, in reality, just the effect of reorganisation and perhaps a boost to morale from someone coming in to sort out a shambolic situation with the team stuck in a rut of poor results. Fixing the problems and finding a system which works will take time for them just as it is for us.

Really, I'm quite surprised Bolton haven't pulled the trigger already.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024