Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart 18:59 - Dec 1 with 4229 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The shot that lead to the first goal was a tricky one for most keepers, never mind one who is low on confidence. I don't blame him on that one.

The rush out when Grabban went round him before hitting the crossbar though, was frankly really amateur stuff.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bart on 19:10 - Dec 1 with 3863 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can't agree re the first goal. A keeper of his ability should be dealing with that.

Also, he seems to be almost glued to his lined these days. Not a good sign.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bart on 19:58 - Dec 1 with 3762 viewsPinewoodblue

Three GK howlers in the. Championship today all far worse than Bart has made. Check out Preston's first.no one even realised it had gone in until the crowd roared.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bart on 20:15 - Dec 1 with 3731 viewsTrequartista

Gerken may as well hand in a transfer if he doesn't play in the next game. He only made one mistake in his spell in goal.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bart on 20:30 - Dec 1 with 3706 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bart on 19:58 - Dec 1 by Pinewoodblue

Three GK howlers in the. Championship today all far worse than Bart has made. Check out Preston's first.no one even realised it had gone in until the crowd roared.

Problem for Bart is that it followed throwing one in his own net last week.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bart on 20:35 - Dec 1 with 3694 viewsbradforblues

But how did their player get a free shot at goal with no Town player even near him let alone trying to block the shot. We concede so many by dropping too deep and not defending from the edge of the box. We are so naive by letting teams get free shots in on our goal.

you are my ipswich !!

Bart on 22:07 - Dec 1 with 3593 viewsArnieM

Ffs Bart is SUPPOSED to be a bloody International GK. he should be able to save shots like the one leading Forests 1st goal .

I was at the game today , and Bart looks totally shot away. He didn’t know where he was in the box half the time. Caught like a rabbit in headlights. He NEEDS To be rested . He’s been extremely poor ALL season , and isn’t getting any better with the numerous chances he keeps being given. I’ve lost count of goals he’s personally gifted to opponents this season.

Sorry but Bart needs to be rested for his own good as much as the team’s.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bart on 22:09 - Dec 1 with 3588 viewsbluewein

Does he actually need to shoot someone for people to admit he’s made a mistake...?

Far too many sentimental fans. This is a relegation scrap for crying out loud...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Bart on 22:15 - Dec 1 with 3573 viewsPJH

Bart on 19:10 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can't agree re the first goal. A keeper of his ability should be dealing with that.

That shot would not have bounced off Bart in the two and a half seasons prior to this one but it is no surprise that it did/does this season.
I do not know why Bart has gone from being a very good Championship keeper to a very ordinary one but he has.
I think I would have more faith in Gerks than in Bart at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Bart on 22:58 - Dec 1 with 3504 viewsNo9

Bart on 19:58 - Dec 1 by Pinewoodblue

& the Sheff U GK to give Leeds their goal
Rudd's must be the FU of the season?
Bart on 22:58 - Dec 1 with 3501 viewsNo9

Bart on 19:10 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

The Forrest keep er did the same
No Town player on the follow up
Bart on 23:00 - Dec 1 with 3488 viewsNo9

Bart on 20:30 - Dec 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Problem for Bart is that it followed throwing one in his own net last week.

The problem for Bart is Town midfield keep giving the ball away and defence can't cope
Bart on 23:01 - Dec 1 with 3486 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

It was along way out. He was not unsighted. It was straight at him.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Bart on 23:21 - Dec 1 with 3451 viewsArnieM

Bart on 23:00 - Dec 1 by No9

The problem for Bart is Town midfield keep giving the ball away and defence can't cope

The problem for Bart ( and us), is Bart keeps making mistakes that results in goals to the opposition. Drop him!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bart on 09:24 - Dec 2 with 3266 viewsBenno1960

dont agree

straight at him, meat and drink to last seasons Bart but his confidence is shot and as he has alluded to himself, there is something not right with him
Bart on 09:47 - Dec 2 with 3242 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bart on 22:09 - Dec 1 by bluewein

Does he actually need to shoot someone for people to admit he’s made a mistake...?

Far too many sentimental fans. This is a relegation scrap for crying out loud...

I did criticise him. Read it again.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bart on 10:03 - Dec 2 with 3224 viewsNo9

Bart on 23:21 - Dec 1 by ArnieM

The problem for Bart ( and us), is Bart keeps making mistakes that results in goals to the opposition. Drop him!

You could have any GK in the world between Town's sticks, it won't stop the midfield handing over the game to the opposition- will it?
Bart maybe going through a bad patch but that is not the root cause of the problems.
Bart on 10:19 - Dec 2 with 3199 viewsVaughan8

I don't quite understand this defending of Bart. He has been p!ss poor this season and is currently giving a goal away a game.

It's is embarrassing when some people say Wednesday's first goal wasn't his fault and was "unlucky" and now people saying that shot was tricky.....for you and me yes, but he's a professional goalie. He should be not slipping that out to their striker
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 10:20]
Bart on 10:32 - Dec 2 with 3174 viewschristiand

It's a lonely position being a goalkeeper, both a physical and more importantly a mental battle. I think Bart has gone mentally and it shows, he looks a shadow of the keeper he was and his self confidence looks at an all time low. It's a difficult one, Bart when playing well is the best keeper at the club, but there must come a point when PL has to feel keeping him in the side is no good to the player or the team? Gerken will do well for a few games, but is a number 2 in my eyes. If I was PL, I'd be looking to loan a keeper in January. Someone like a Mike Pollitt would be ideal: a solid, reliable and experienced keeper.......just a decade too late!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bart on 10:43 - Dec 2 with 3162 viewsstrikalite

Bart on 23:00 - Dec 1 by No9

Agree, we invite pressure far too much because we're just sloppy in possession, for me it's at the other end we need to worry about, if the pundits are correct in "you're only as good as your strikers" then we can't survive this, we're the weakest in the league upfront..

Luck, yes when you're at the bottom you get no luck at all, the deflection that fell for Brizzles third goal is a big example, christ it just fell perfectly for him, you can't defend against that..
Bart on 10:57 - Dec 2 with 3141 viewsNo9

Bart on 23:01 - Dec 1 by WestStanderLaLaLa

It was along way out. He was not unsighted. It was straight at him.

No 27 - why was he standing all alone with all the space & time to make the shot?

Doesn't excuse Bart but it is symptomatic of the real problem
Bart on 11:03 - Dec 2 with 3132 viewsNo9

Bart on 10:43 - Dec 2 by strikalite

Agree, we invite pressure far too much because we're just sloppy in possession, for me it's at the other end we need to worry about, if the pundits are correct in "you're only as good as your strikers" then we can't survive this, we're the weakest in the league upfront..

Luck, yes when you're at the bottom you get no luck at all, the deflection that fell for Brizzles third goal is a big example, christ it just fell perfectly for him, you can't defend against that..

The lack of midfield quality is a fault of MM because he was a hoofball manager midfield was largely ignored
He had big rough CF's who the ball was humped to sometimes it worked more often it didn't and we sat and watched other teams run the midfield and take points.
That Town only won one home game from new year 18 to the end of the season is indicative of how serious the problem was.
PL will need time and players to change that around. What we have to do is to hope he can do that because I very much doubt the Owner will bin him for another managerial change.
Bart on 11:14 - Dec 2 with 3122 viewsstrikalite

Bart on 11:03 - Dec 2 by No9

The lack of midfield quality is a fault of MM because he was a hoofball manager midfield was largely ignored
He had big rough CF's who the ball was humped to sometimes it worked more often it didn't and we sat and watched other teams run the midfield and take points.
That Town only won one home game from new year 18 to the end of the season is indicative of how serious the problem was.
PL will need time and players to change that around. What we have to do is to hope he can do that because I very much doubt the Owner will bin him for another managerial change.

Yep that's how he liked to play, we'd simply had enough of that, that will only get you so far and if we look at the bigger picture here we're taking steps backwards to hopefully play the right way to take steps forward, that will probably now result in relegation, but that is the risk the majority wanted, now faced with it it feels so different of course, we wanted it both ways, in this league it's very difficult unless big money resulting in big changes very quickly happens...
Bart on 11:17 - Dec 2 with 3114 viewsNo9

Bart on 11:14 - Dec 2 by strikalite

Yep that's how he liked to play, we'd simply had enough of that, that will only get you so far and if we look at the bigger picture here we're taking steps backwards to hopefully play the right way to take steps forward, that will probably now result in relegation, but that is the risk the majority wanted, now faced with it it feels so different of course, we wanted it both ways, in this league it's very difficult unless big money resulting in big changes very quickly happens...

Agreed, unfortunately many won't see that as a route out of the malaise Town are in at the moment.
Bart on 11:32 - Dec 2 with 3088 viewsbluewein

Bart on 09:47 - Dec 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

I did criticise him. Read it again.

Sorry, wasn’t meant at you as such. Just a general observation of our fans. So unbelievably blinkered...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Bart on 11:36 - Dec 2 with 3075 viewsPinewoodblue

Bart on 22:58 - Dec 1 by No9

& the Sheff U GK to give Leeds their goal
Rudd's must be the FU of the season?

Not even the goal scorer saw the ball cross the line.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024