Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£35m is a good price for a Championship club 23:18 - Dec 5 with 2994 viewslegal_blue

But if you were serious about buying ITFC, why not wait to see if we're relegated? The price would fall to about a tenth of that.

Sad times.
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 03:08 - Dec 6 with 2891 viewsIllinoisblue

I'd say that's wildly overvalued.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 05:01 - Dec 6 with 2872 viewsshamboy

From memory, I seem to remember that ME's people got a £36m Norwich Union debt written down to £6m on the purchase. Also, the ME purchase included all of the freehold land at Rushmere, which one would assume ME will retain when he sells the club.

I fail to see how the club has a monetary value beyond the book value of the players.
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 05:29 - Dec 6 with 2852 viewsBenters2

All well and good but it isn’t up for sale!

It’s a smoke screen to make people thankful we have the great Evans at the helm.
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 07:22 - Dec 6 with 2752 viewsHarry_Palmer

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 05:29 - Dec 6 by Benters2

It’s a smoke screen to make people thankful we have the great Evans at the helm.

I'm not quite sure how that would work, unless we had a fan base full of thickos........oh.
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 07:24 - Dec 6 with 2748 viewsDeano69

Mike Ashley will have cash burning a hole in his pocket soon.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 07:32 - Dec 6 with 2730 viewsBenters2

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 07:22 - Dec 6 by Harry_Palmer

I'm not quite sure how that would work, unless we had a fan base full of thickos........oh.

Phew!! That was a neary,i thought Evans was going to leave us in the poo etc..
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 08:00 - Dec 6 with 2679 viewstcblue

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 05:01 - Dec 6 by shamboy

From memory, I seem to remember that ME's people got a £36m Norwich Union debt written down to £6m on the purchase. Also, the ME purchase included all of the freehold land at Rushmere, which one would assume ME will retain when he sells the club.

I fail to see how the club has a monetary value beyond the book value of the players.

There's a couple of lawnmowers as well but yeah, that's the asset list.

The valuation is what makes me think the story is rubbish. £35m plus £95m debt for what?
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 08:20 - Dec 6 with 2635 viewsArnieM

But it wouldn’t ( if reports were even true), be £35m would it? It would be £130m....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 08:42 - Dec 6 with 2605 viewsRadlett_blue

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 05:01 - Dec 6 by shamboy

While I agree £35m is well above the market value of Town, I don't think you understand that football clubs are rarely a rational purchase so the price paid for them regularly exceeds what would be driven by normal economics. Allegedly, some offered Evans £20m for Town earlier this year, which is probably a fair price for a debt-free, mid ranking 2nd tier club given the commercial income from being in the 2nd tier, fan base etc. Look at what has been paid for other clubs in recent years.
Evans didn't want to accept and yes, with relegation now a probability, Town's value to a buyer will have declined considerably and I doubt Evans will get what he wants so we're stuck with each other.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 10:33 - Dec 6 with 2488 viewsxrayspecs

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 05:29 - Dec 6 by Benters2

Have been told by some city folk that we have been on the market for a number of years. The sticking point is the asking price.
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 10:41 - Dec 6 with 2469 viewsBenters2

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 10:33 - Dec 6 by xrayspecs

Have been told by some city folk that we have been on the market for a number of years. The sticking point is the asking price.

Two bottles of Ghost Ship and a packet of Ghost Ship crisps?

I would buy it but the NS roof is filthy.
£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 10:52 - Dec 6 with 2437 viewsSteve_M

Well quite, relegation is nearly as disastrous for Evans personally as it is for the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 14:04 - Dec 6 with 2313 viewsRadlett_blue

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 10:52 - Dec 6 by Steve_M

Well quite, relegation is nearly as disastrous for Evans personally as it is for the club.

If Evans is as rich as the media say, relegation for Town is not a financial disaster for him.
However, while I don't want to get too gloomy, the idea that we will retain most of our squad & therefore bounce back quickly appears somewhat optimistic.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

£35m is a good price for a Championship club on 14:45 - Dec 6 with 2264 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s only a good price if the club is going to allow you to recoup your investment within a few years.

As things stand, and have been for years, not only does owning Ipswich mean you don’t get your initial purchase price back, you’re also £5-8m down a year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024