Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Wigan ? 16:04 - Dec 12 with 3200 viewsWestcountryblue

Massive game against Wigan this weekend. I'd like to see us go with the following line up:

Gerken
Donacien - Chambers - Pennington - Knudsen
Bishop - Chalobah- Dozzell
Edwards - Harrison - Sears

I think it's a tough call in midfield with Skuse missing, but Chalobah has the physicality and mobility to cover the back 4. I think we should also go with the guile of Bishop and Dozzell in midfield. Both players will offer the front three a better level of support and service, however, there is the possibility that we could get bullied in the middle of the park. I think Bishop in particular could be a key player at home, as he offers us that ability to drive and glide past opponents, which can help link up the midfield to the front men.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2018 16:05]
Team for Wigan ? on 16:12 - Dec 12 with 3160 viewsShropshireBluenago09

I don’t think the team will change from Stoke, maybe Bish for Downes

Gus Uhlenbeek

Team for Wigan ? on 16:17 - Dec 12 with 3141 viewsWestcountryblue

Team for Wigan ? on 16:12 - Dec 12 by ShropshireBluenago09

You're probably right, just think we need a bit more creativity in that midfield trio and Bish will offer that to us.
Team for Wigan ? on 16:18 - Dec 12 with 3141 viewsBluefish

Team for Wigan ? on 16:12 - Dec 12 by ShropshireBluenago09

Downes was our best player. I think more likely to be bishop for Nolan but Nolan plays more advanced than bishop so that leaves us too defensive. I'd love to see Lankester central instead and Harrison up top with Roberts going wide.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Team for Wigan ? on 16:22 - Dec 12 with 3130 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

We are going to win on Saturday, so everybody get down there and let’s all go mental!!
3-1 COYB
Team for Wigan ? on 16:39 - Dec 12 with 3078 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Harrison should definitely take over up front

Gus Uhlenbeek

Team for Wigan ? on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 3050 viewsIllinoisblue

is this more massiver than the Preston and Reading games? I'm losing track of all the massive must-win games we've had recently.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Team for Wigan ? on 18:27 - Dec 12 with 2938 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think it will be same as Stoke. Maybe Bishop for Nolan at home but would be harsh as I thought Nolan had a good game.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Team for Wigan ? on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 2920 viewsPJH

Team for Wigan ? on 18:27 - Dec 12 by TheTrueBlue1878

Think it will be same as Stoke. Maybe Bishop for Nolan at home but would be harsh as I thought Nolan had a good game.

I thought Nolan had a pretty average game but by Nolan's standards I suppose it was a good game.
Bishop for Nolan would be an improvement for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Wigan ? on 19:52 - Dec 12 with 2842 viewsCurrie10

No Lankaster!? He's a definite.
Team for Wigan ? on 19:57 - Dec 12 with 2825 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He will not play Donacien. That makes it ever more likely he will not get leave to stay. That, presumably would mean the transfer falls through.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This is a HUMONGOUS game... on 20:07 - Dec 12 with 2808 viewsunstableblue

Team for Wigan ? on 16:54 - Dec 12 by Illinoisblue

is this more massiver than the Preston and Reading games? I'm losing track of all the massive must-win games we've had recently.

.... one of the BIGGEST in our history

As each massive game has passed without gaining 3 points, despite improving performance the scale of this game against a similarly funded side has grown into some almost beyond scale and comprehension.

I expect the sun may be blocked out by its sheer gigantic massiveness, I expect the fllood lights to be on early.

I'll be there - have you booked your flights yet?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Team for Wigan ? on 20:10 - Dec 12 with 2798 viewsCurrie10

Team for Wigan ? on 19:57 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

He will not play Donacien. That makes it ever more likely he will not get leave to stay. That, presumably would mean the transfer falls through.

On completely the same page as you.

Donacien won't play a minute at the weekend. Stuff behind the scenes.
Team for Wigan ? on 09:23 - Dec 13 with 2546 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Team for Wigan ? on 19:57 - Dec 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, that won't affect it at all.

Donacien has a contract of employment and is getting paid weekly whether he plays or not. Lambert picking him or not picking him will have no effect.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Team for Wigan ? on 14:19 - Dec 13 with 2446 viewsCurrie10

Team for Wigan ? on 09:23 - Dec 13 by JammyDodgerrr

No, that won't affect it at all.

Donacien has a contract of employment and is getting paid weekly whether he plays or not. Lambert picking him or not picking him will have no effect.

He'll be getting his wage, sure.

However, until he plays again people ( including myself ) aren't convinced everything is kosher in this transfer.

Sooner he plays, sooner people stop talking.

He's better than Spence....
Team for Wigan ? on 14:39 - Dec 13 with 2426 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Team for Wigan ? on 14:19 - Dec 13 by Currie10

He'll be getting his wage, sure.

However, until he plays again people ( including myself ) aren't convinced everything is kosher in this transfer.

Sooner he plays, sooner people stop talking.

He's better than Spence....

You're entitled to believe that but i don't know how many more times it needs to be written that this transfer is a done deal and there is no way out of it. It's waiting for the home office to send through the paperwork, and that's really all there is to it.

He isn't playing because Lambert sees him as a centre half and right now playing him there ahead of two people accustomed to championship football is not a smart move. Not that hard to grasp, i don't think.

Team for Wigan ? on 14:41 - Dec 13 with 2423 viewsCurrie10

Team for Wigan ? on 14:39 - Dec 13 by JammyDodgerrr

You're entitled to believe that but i don't know how many more times it needs to be written that this transfer is a done deal and there is no way out of it. It's waiting for the home office to send through the paperwork, and that's really all there is to it.

He isn't playing because Lambert sees him as a centre half and right now playing him there ahead of two people accustomed to championship football is not a smart move. Not that hard to grasp, i don't think.

We'll see - sticking to my guns here.

Can be written 1000000 times, I'm going to stick with my viewpoint.

Though thanks for the condescending final sentence....
Team for Wigan ? on 15:01 - Dec 13 with 2407 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Team for Wigan ? on 14:41 - Dec 13 by Currie10

We'll see - sticking to my guns here.

Can be written 1000000 times, I'm going to stick with my viewpoint.

Though thanks for the condescending final sentence....

I don't understand the need to grasp for a conspiracy theory or motive for something that is so clear cut, that's all. The club secretary has literally said 'It's all in place and has to go through' on the podcast.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024