Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! 18:05 - Dec 15 with 6318 viewsmartin12120137

I thought Roberts was terrible today can’t head, can’t hold the ball up doesn’t chase like Freddie or Jackson would, can’t pass was totally useless I thought. At least Jackson will chase everything and has pace!
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 16:31 - Dec 16 with 1011 viewsSarge

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 11:12 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know why you've got so many down arrows for this. He tries his hardest but unfortunately he's just not good enough for this level. No shame in that, and no problem saying what's clearly evident either.

Apart from that his 2 biggest strengths, and granted there may not be that many, are chasing literally everything and winning some headers, despite what the OP thinks. Yet to see what people see in Jackson. He’s got pace but little else.
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 994 views44_not_out

Trying to decide between Jackson and Roberts is like comparing salt and vinegar crisps and prawn cocktail crisps. Neither bring that much to the party but they’ll do for the time being. Both average at best. Roberts probably just edges it for being a little bit more physically stronger.

Don’t wet yourselves people, your ‘young hungry manager’ you wanted has gone and now we have someone with a bit more nous in the transfer market.

Keep believing
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 10:47]
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 21:21 - Dec 16 with 961 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Until we sign a centre forward in January, Roberts is all we have got. He's working hard and giving all he's got. He may not be a Championship standard striker but support him as we need him.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 21:33 - Dec 16 with 953 viewsHalifaxBlue

Roberts is working very hard in a role that he isn't very familiar with and doesn't really suit him. I thought we were on to something in the opening 20 mins when he was coming wide to create overloads and get crosses in, but that wasn't really sustained.

I agree that he doesn't hold the ball up well and that was a massive problem on Saturday. We really needed someone up top to make it stick and relieve pressure when we were under the cosh, but he doesn't really have that ability. That will be Lambert's #1 priority when looking for a striker I think.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 00:49 - Dec 17 with 907 viewsBinner

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 17:05 - Dec 16 by 44_not_out

Trying to decide between Jackson and Roberts is like comparing salt and vinegar crisps and prawn cocktail crisps. Neither bring that much to the party but they’ll do for the time being. Both average at best. Roberts probably just edges it for being a little bit more physically stronger.

Don’t wet yourselves people, your ‘young hungry manager’ you wanted has gone and now we have someone with a bit more nous in the transfer market.

Keep believing
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 10:47]

I don't think you mean 'nonce'. How about 'nous' instead...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 10:48 - Dec 17 with 849 views44_not_out

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 00:49 - Dec 17 by Binner

I don't think you mean 'nonce'. How about 'nous' instead...

Typo acknowledged and edited accordingly. 🤦🏼‍♂️
We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 10:52 - Dec 17 with 846 viewsBinner

We need to drop Roberts for Jackson! on 10:48 - Dec 17 by 44_not_out

Typo acknowledged and edited accordingly. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024