Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points per game 14:17 - Dec 27 with 1167 viewstpsontour

2012/13: McCarthy: 1.6 points per game

2013/14: McCarthy: 1.5

2014/15: McCarthy 1.7

2015/16: McCarthy 1.5

2016/17: McCarthy 1.2

2017/18: McCarthy 1.3

2018: Hurst 0.6; Lambert 0.6

Hurst:

W1 D6 L7 F11 A22 - 9 points from 14 games, 0.6 points per game

Lambert:

W1 D3 L6 F8 A17 - 6 points from 10 games, 0.6 points per game

On average, 47 points required for Championship survival.

ITFC would require 32 points from 22 remaining games, 1.5 points per game
Points per game on 14:20 - Dec 27 with 1137 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Can we stop all this rubbish about how many points we need. The Championship doesn't relegate every team with under 50 points.

We need more points that 3 other teams at the end of the season. We may need 40 points or 60 points. We don't need to worry about points per game. We simply need to finish 21st or above.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Points per game on 14:24 - Dec 27 with 1118 viewsHarry_Palmer

Points per game on 14:20 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Can we stop all this rubbish about how many points we need. The Championship doesn't relegate every team with under 50 points.

We need more points that 3 other teams at the end of the season. We may need 40 points or 60 points. We don't need to worry about points per game. We simply need to finish 21st or above.

Agreed. We are not going to need anywhere near 47 points this season because the bottom 5-6 teams are all complete dross.
Points per game on 14:24 - Dec 27 with 1119 viewsMullet

I was talking about this last night.

There are currently 6 teams above us who have decreasing ppg over the last 8 and ours has been static all season at 0.63. An improvement in results might not need to be too dramatic if January goes to plan with two wins over rivals at home.

Way too much in the air to really pull a lot out of the stats though. Especially with Ward coming down to a season out today. Means we will have to spend even more this window IMO

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. by Mullet 26 Dec 2018 17:25
Birmingham vs Brentford
Bolton vs Stoke
Bristol vs Rotherham
Millwall vs. Forest
QPR vs Reading
Swansea vs. Wigan

Given Boro are awful at home recently and lost again today to Wednesday, it stands to reason we'll get absolutely hammered now. That said, if we get anything at all I look at that lot and wonder if it's likely all of those results will go against us to the degree where we are totally sunk.

Even if it's just delaying the inevitable, the last 2 home performances were so heartening because even when outplayed or struggling we took points. Next up are two massive games where if we don't win we don't deserve to stay up anyway. I think we can take 6pts from them and if that means just halving the deficit back to something manageable I'd take it. But I do think perversely it's likely we won't be this far adrift again after next month.

Our win was no more of an anomaly than the ones picked up around us. If anything we've been performing better then our rivals in the short term, which is why I think we can take a loss at Boro and still be in with a shout although not much more room to fail.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Points per game on 14:27 - Dec 27 with 1108 viewsBlueBadger

Points per game on 14:24 - Dec 27 by Harry_Palmer

Agreed. We are not going to need anywhere near 47 points this season because the bottom 5-6 teams are all complete dross.

Unfortunately, so are we.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Points per game on 15:02 - Dec 27 with 1030 viewstpsontour

Points per game on 14:20 - Dec 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

My point was more that the kind of form we need between now and the end of the season to survive (whether that is 1.2 points per game to reach 40 or 1.5 points to reach 47 or whatever) has not been seen since the much maligned Mick McCarthy left the building.

And for all the improvement in performances, Lambert's points per game record is identical to Hurst's with the players he inherited from him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024