Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers 16:16 - Dec 31 with 4842 viewshomer_123

Couple that with Chambers calling Evans out.

This is going one two ways.

Either Evans really does loosen the purse strings or Lambert goes and we lose all squad and club integrity.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 16:39 - Dec 31 with 4754 viewsGuthrum

If Evans doesn't sanction the necessary transfers, then we may as well give up on the club until he's gone. It's the only way of possibly saving our season.

To be fair, he allowed Jewell and McCarthy to bring players in when they first arrived.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 16:48 - Dec 31 with 4708 viewstractorboy1978

He's going to have to operate in a totally different ball park to that he's been playing in for the past few years. Clubs are not going to be doing us any favours financially.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 16:50 - Dec 31 with 4693 viewsBackToRussia

How much do you spend to avoid losing £7 million each year? Tough one.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:10 - Dec 31 with 4624 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 16:39 - Dec 31 by Guthrum

If Evans doesn't sanction the necessary transfers, then we may as well give up on the club until he's gone. It's the only way of possibly saving our season.

To be fair, he allowed Jewell and McCarthy to bring players in when they first arrived.

Evans did indeed, however....it's a completely different market now.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:13 - Dec 31 with 4608 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 16:50 - Dec 31 by BackToRussia

How much do you spend to avoid losing £7 million each year? Tough one.

6 decent players to get us out of this mess....how much?

Gotta be well over £5m on wages, loan fees and transfer fees??? If not a lot more. Even then....it's a big big ask.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:14 - Dec 31 with 4613 viewsPhilTWTD

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 16:39 - Dec 31 by Guthrum

From the whispers I hear Marcus is certainly prepared to spend in terms of loan wages. But that's not the only potential sticking point early in the window, players wait around to see what other offers they might get, that sort of thing.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:17 - Dec 31 with 4586 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:14 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

From the whispers I hear Marcus is certainly prepared to spend in terms of loan wages. But that's not the only potential sticking point early in the window, players wait around to see what other offers they might get, that sort of thing.

It could all be too late.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:20 - Dec 31 with 4570 viewsBackToRussia

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:13 - Dec 31 by homer_123

6 decent players to get us out of this mess....how much?

Gotta be well over £5m on wages, loan fees and transfer fees??? If not a lot more. Even then....it's a big big ask.

How many of those can be loans anyway? Only 1 or 2 isn't it?

But anyway, quality players aren't going to come cheap and that's what we need. There's no point in getting filler. As far as I see you either spend a token amount or spend whatever it takes to give Lambert the type of players he sees as essential. There's not really an inbetween. Basically get who's on his list or don't bother.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:22 - Dec 31 with 4561 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:20 - Dec 31 by BackToRussia

How many of those can be loans anyway? Only 1 or 2 isn't it?

But anyway, quality players aren't going to come cheap and that's what we need. There's no point in getting filler. As far as I see you either spend a token amount or spend whatever it takes to give Lambert the type of players he sees as essential. There's not really an inbetween. Basically get who's on his list or don't bother.

All or nothing now isn't it.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:23 - Dec 31 with 4555 viewsdavblue

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:14 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

Do you think Lambert will be here at the end of the season? I really wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t, he doesn’t hang around if aren’t going where they need to.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:44 - Dec 31 with 4521 viewsstrikalite

This is where we always find ourselves during this window, but this time we're even more desperate, without a shadow of doubt any decent striker not getting a look in with their respective Club will have a handful of options elsewhere, if his previous record is half decent...
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:49 - Dec 31 with 4497 viewsPhilTWTD

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:17 - Dec 31 by homer_123

It could all be too late.

Perhaps, but I don't think they're giving up.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:50 - Dec 31 with 4486 viewsPhilTWTD

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:23 - Dec 31 by davblue

Do you think Lambert will be here at the end of the season? I really wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t, he doesn’t hang around if aren’t going where they need to.

He seems committed long-term whatever but how the next few months will pan out could obviously have a huge bearing on that regardless of which division we find ourselves in next season.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:02 - Dec 31 with 4431 viewsPJH

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:50 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

He seems committed long-term whatever but how the next few months will pan out could obviously have a huge bearing on that regardless of which division we find ourselves in next season.

If Paul Lambert does keep us up despite Paul Hurst's efforts I do not see why he would want to leave rather than have a go at building something here.
If the worst happens I suppose it depends on whether he thinks he can achieve an immediate return to The Championship.

I suppose that there could well be a get out clause in his contract if it comes to that.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:16 - Dec 31 with 4385 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 17:49 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps, but I don't think they're giving up.

I'm sure they won't give up but, there is a difference between trying with what little we have or going for it.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:26 - Dec 31 with 4368 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:02 - Dec 31 by PJH

If Paul Lambert does keep us up despite Paul Hurst's efforts I do not see why he would want to leave rather than have a go at building something here.
If the worst happens I suppose it depends on whether he thinks he can achieve an immediate return to The Championship.

I suppose that there could well be a get out clause in his contract if it comes to that.

I'd sure Lambert is on record as saying he'll stay no matter what happens.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:55 - Dec 31 with 4309 viewsPhilTWTD

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:16 - Dec 31 by homer_123

I'm sure they won't give up but, there is a difference between trying with what little we have or going for it.

From what I'm told they are going to be putting a lot into staying up.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:59 - Dec 31 with 4295 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:55 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

From what I'm told they are going to be putting a lot into staying up.

The irony, if true, isn't lost on me. I wonder what might have been had Evans invested a few years back when Mick had us top at Xmas.

Now Evans is having to spend big just to try and stay in this division and it might well be too little too late.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 19:10 - Dec 31 with 4272 viewsPhilTWTD

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 18:59 - Dec 31 by homer_123

The irony, if true, isn't lost on me. I wonder what might have been had Evans invested a few years back when Mick had us top at Xmas.

Now Evans is having to spend big just to try and stay in this division and it might well be too little too late.

Maybe, although at the time Mick was talking in terms of not wanting to make additions so as not to upset the balance of the side, other than Sears, who was a big success, of course, and a few loan additions to bolster the squad. McGoldrick's injury was such a blow.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 19:14 - Dec 31 with 4252 viewshomer_123

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 19:10 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

Maybe, although at the time Mick was talking in terms of not wanting to make additions so as not to upset the balance of the side, other than Sears, who was a big success, of course, and a few loan additions to bolster the squad. McGoldrick's injury was such a blow.

Wasn't his comments more of no point bringing anyone in who wasn't an improvement? That's much more attuned to not having the funds to make improvements.

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 19:59 - Dec 31 with 4180 viewsPhilTWTD

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 19:14 - Dec 31 by homer_123

Wasn't his comments more of no point bringing anyone in who wasn't an improvement? That's much more attuned to not having the funds to make improvements.

I can remember 'Rodney Marsh syndrome' being mentioned, so not sure he wanted to make too many additions. They did try to sign Billy Sharp at the same point they signed Sears but he didn't want to come here.
So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 20:18 - Dec 31 with 4136 viewsPJH

So, Lambert wants half a dozen players including 2 strikers on 19:59 - Dec 31 by PhilTWTD

I can remember 'Rodney Marsh syndrome' being mentioned, so not sure he wanted to make too many additions. They did try to sign Billy Sharp at the same point they signed Sears but he didn't want to come here.

I think when Newcastle signed Tino Asprilla it was much the same as Man City signing Rodney Marsh as although they were both brilliant individual players they upset the balance of the teams and that contributed to the teams missing out on winning the title.

I remember having a chat with Geoff Hammond(then at Man City) in the Waggon & Horses in Woodbridge some time in the mid 1970's and most of that chat was about Rodney Marsh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024