Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Mills on the Spence mistake 17:05 - Jan 1 with 8147 viewsshoopdelang

“ Jordan Spence walking the ball over his own by line and thought it was a goal kick. Every other player could see it wasn’t a goal kick what was Jordan Spence doing “

Mick Mills on the Spence corner. I couldn’t go I’m abroad but was it really that bad ?
Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 1114 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:40 - Jan 1 by Ely_Blue

But Spence invited the pressure unecessarily in the first place

The ball was already in our box when he conceded it.

He made an error if he thought the Millwall player had the final touch but this need to blame Spence for the goal is a bit surreal.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:45 - Jan 1 with 1112 viewsEly_Blue

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:44 - Jan 1 by Darth_Koont

The ball was already in our box when he conceded it.

He made an error if he thought the Millwall player had the final touch but this need to blame Spence for the goal is a bit surreal.

Do you mind me asking where you sit/watched the game from?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:47 - Jan 1 with 1104 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:45 - Jan 1 by Ely_Blue

Do you mind me asking where you sit/watched the game from?

I watched today's game on the stream. So I've seen all the goals in detail and repeatedly (unfortunately).

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:55 - Jan 1 with 1080 viewsEly_Blue

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:47 - Jan 1 by Darth_Koont

I watched today's game on the stream. So I've seen all the goals in detail and repeatedly (unfortunately).

I’ve just watched the goals back and for you to say that we “dealt with the corner” is a joke as we never once got close to the ball and didn’t actually touch it from the moment the corner was taken until the ball went in the net.

As for the initial incident where Spence let’s it go out for a corner he doesn’t have a Milwall player within 5 yards of him and he had ample time to turn and play it away, in fairness at the time I couldn’t understand why he did it and also why one of the other defenders wasn’t screaming at him to not let it go out

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:55 - Jan 1 with 1081 viewsRIPbobby

I think the saying "When it rains it pours" comes into play. Yes he made a mistake, but anybody could have made it. It was unfortunate that it was him again. Another knock to his confidence.
Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:58 - Jan 1 with 1072 viewsitfctim

on 17:13 - Jan 1 by _

Just thick in footballing terms then...and PROPER thick at that!
Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:10 - Jan 1 with 1045 viewsMattinLondon

on 17:13 - Jan 1 by _

Maybe he meant ‘thick’ from a footballing perspective rather than from an academic etc one.

I’ve only played Sunday league and I’ve played with extremely intelligent blokes who understand football but have the tactical grasp of an emu.
Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:18 - Jan 1 with 1022 viewsshoopdelang

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:07 - Jan 1 by PositivelyPortman

A very childlike comment. I’d like to see you say that to his face you wimp.

Just as childish as saying I'd like to see you say that to his face... hahaha yes because Jordan Spence intimidating as f*c. He is one big clown of a footballer
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 1002 viewsDarth_Koont

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:55 - Jan 1 by Ely_Blue

I’ve just watched the goals back and for you to say that we “dealt with the corner” is a joke as we never once got close to the ball and didn’t actually touch it from the moment the corner was taken until the ball went in the net.

As for the initial incident where Spence let’s it go out for a corner he doesn’t have a Milwall player within 5 yards of him and he had ample time to turn and play it away, in fairness at the time I couldn’t understand why he did it and also why one of the other defenders wasn’t screaming at him to not let it go out

Well, we dealt with it by forcing them well out of the box. And it was the second diagonal ball in that we didn't defend well.

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 1002 viewswarkthisway

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 17:17 - Jan 1 by jas0999

I never want to see Spence in a Town shirt again.

That said Chambers was yet again very unimpressive.

Correct and correct

bentnkuqi

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:38 - Jan 1 with 987 viewsBinner

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 18:40 - Jan 1 by Ely_Blue

But Spence invited the pressure unecessarily in the first place

A large part of our defensive frailty is because of our lack of creativity in midfield and not having anyone who can hold the play in opposition half of the pitch. We don't have sustained periods where we are putting our opponents under pressure. Therefore our defence is always being pressured with no respite. This plus the knowledge that we hardly ever keep a clean sheet and are seldom capable of scoring more than once adds extra pressure and leaves our defenders jittery and uncertain.

There is no lack of effort but they are battle weary and devoid of confidence.

Spence erred, clearly, but he has been decent in the last couple of games, one of our better players.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:40 - Jan 1 with 981 viewssparks

Mick Mills on the Spence mistake on 19:38 - Jan 1 by Binner

A large part of our defensive frailty is because of our lack of creativity in midfield and not having anyone who can hold the play in opposition half of the pitch. We don't have sustained periods where we are putting our opponents under pressure. Therefore our defence is always being pressured with no respite. This plus the knowledge that we hardly ever keep a clean sheet and are seldom capable of scoring more than once adds extra pressure and leaves our defenders jittery and uncertain.

There is no lack of effort but they are battle weary and devoid of confidence.

Spence erred, clearly, but he has been decent in the last couple of games, one of our better players.

The issue today was a midfield which could not compete physically with the bombardment, and a defence which could only just do so and were therefore under huge pressure second half. The only players outside of the back 4 who won headers were Chalobah and occasionally harrison.

There was no screen for the centre backs as a result.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024