Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Double relegation 22:34 - Jan 1 with 3321 viewsSergio

it is a real possibility we are that bad.
Double relegation on 22:35 - Jan 1 with 3305 viewsLeagueOne

Well with the losses and the new FFP regs in League One I doubt we can afford to keep the suad we have let alone the manager and we knows Evans, cuts first, football second.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Double relegation on 22:39 - Jan 1 with 3264 viewsSergio

Double relegation on 22:35 - Jan 1 by LeagueOne

Well with the losses and the new FFP regs in League One I doubt we can afford to keep the suad we have let alone the manager and we knows Evans, cuts first, football second.

you need to change your name and avatar then!
Double relegation on 22:53 - Jan 1 with 3204 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Our big wage earners
Bart
Chambers
Ward injured
Huws injured
Knudsen -leaving
Skues injured
Tom Adeyemi injured

Probably will need to reduce n get rid of all of these. Maybe keep skues
Double relegation on 22:56 - Jan 1 with 3186 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Double relegation on 22:53 - Jan 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

Our big wage earners
Bart
Chambers
Ward injured
Huws injured
Knudsen -leaving
Skues injured
Tom Adeyemi injured

Keep Huws if he gets fit.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Double relegation on 23:05 - Jan 1 with 3139 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I’d love it if somehow we can get a rich man to get involved in our hour of need and help us .
Maybe even Ed Sheeran? Joint venture to overcome the lower league regulations.

We always seem to hit problems when regs are changed - this year no emergency loans once Windows are closed.
Double relegation on 23:11 - Jan 1 with 3119 viewsBLUEBEAT

Double relegation on 22:56 - Jan 1 by The_Last_Baron

Keep Huws if he gets fit.

Not sure he’d stay.

Another Ipswich player who spends most of his tenure injured and jumps ship as soon as he’s fit again scenario?

Poll: W or W

Double relegation on 23:13 - Jan 1 with 3095 viewspointofblue

Double relegation on 23:05 - Jan 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

I’d love it if somehow we can get a rich man to get involved in our hour of need and help us .

We always seem to hit problems when regs are changed - this year no emergency loans once Windows are closed.

I remember the year we got screwed over by away goals in the Play Offs; didn’t we lose on penalties one season, but would have gone through on the away goal rule if it had been place? The next year we were knocked out on away goals.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Double relegation on 23:14 - Jan 1 with 3092 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You should get a prize for that one, bravo.

Tool.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Double relegation on 23:17 - Jan 1 with 3077 viewsWarhurst

Double relegation on 23:05 - Jan 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

Is this Ed Sheeran thing a joke? He is not rich enough to satisfy the demands of the modern football fan, and why would he risk the fortune he made when it would be very easy to blow it all and get nowhere on the pitch.
Double relegation on 00:36 - Jan 2 with 2886 viewsParisBlue

Double relegation on 22:53 - Jan 1 by BtreeBlueBlood

Our big wage earners
Bart
Chambers
Ward injured
Huws injured
Knudsen -leaving
Skues injured
Tom Adeyemi injured

Adeyemi's contract is up in the summer

Huws has 2 more years!

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Double relegation on 01:02 - Jan 2 with 2844 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Sunderland ended last season on 37 points, doubt we will be anywhere near that. My prediction is about 30. I believe Sunderland were a better team when they dropped into that division than us. At present they are in play-off contention. Given we are a bit worse, I could see us round about where Coventry and Fleetwood Town are next season (solid top half).

However, if the predicted overhaul happens anything could happen. Just like this season, teams need time to gel. Don't think we are as bad as the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Oxford and Plymouth though. Even if we have a really bad season, can see us ending between 13th (where Burton are now) and 17th (where Rochdale are).

Jackson, Sears and Harrison will prove to be more potent in league 1. Look at how Pittman and Moore did there a while back. In fact, could see us enjoying our football again. Don't want to be there too long though or we will end up like Gillingham....stuck in limbo.
Double relegation on 01:29 - Jan 2 with 2800 viewsyorkshire

I don't think we are anywhere near that bad to be honest - this season has just been one of those where games we have played well in have not turned into wins - we have had our star player - Bart turn in some dreadful performances and we have had some bad luck with penalties, sendings off and last minute goals

Right now confidence is pretty much shot - we don't look like scoring if we concede but ... the signs are there that we do have some decent young players and that maybe the likes of Harrisons, Nolan and Jackson might be decent players (esp in L1)

If we go down and start well then we will be in the mix for sure
Double relegation on 06:46 - Jan 2 with 2667 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

No chance but might be in League 1 a few years. Depends on investment in the Summer.
Double relegation on 09:35 - Jan 2 with 2443 viewspatrickswell

Double relegation on 23:13 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

I remember the year we got screwed over by away goals in the Play Offs; didn’t we lose on penalties one season, but would have gone through on the away goal rule if it had been place? The next year we were knocked out on away goals.

That never happened to us, although George Burley suffered that fate when his Southampton side lost to Derby in the 2006-07 play-offs.
Double relegation on 09:43 - Jan 2 with 2412 viewsgordon

Double relegation on 01:02 - Jan 2 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Sunderland ended last season on 37 points, doubt we will be anywhere near that. My prediction is about 30. I believe Sunderland were a better team when they dropped into that division than us. At present they are in play-off contention. Given we are a bit worse, I could see us round about where Coventry and Fleetwood Town are next season (solid top half).

However, if the predicted overhaul happens anything could happen. Just like this season, teams need time to gel. Don't think we are as bad as the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Oxford and Plymouth though. Even if we have a really bad season, can see us ending between 13th (where Burton are now) and 17th (where Rochdale are).

Jackson, Sears and Harrison will prove to be more potent in league 1. Look at how Pittman and Moore did there a while back. In fact, could see us enjoying our football again. Don't want to be there too long though or we will end up like Gillingham....stuck in limbo.

Think if we go in for lots of short-term loans now, then next season could be very poor in League 1 too with the added upheaval of lots of players leaving. We've absolutely got to start preparing for next season sensibly now, try to tie down some of those younger players like Kenlock, Emmanuel and Bishop who might benefit from relegation to longer contracts, and get Bart/Knudsen off the wage bill now etc.

The idea that we've got a chance of staying up by loaning in some reserves from other championship clubs is daft. The longer we have to prepare for League 1, the better we'll do.
Double relegation on 09:47 - Jan 2 with 2395 viewsBlackboots

It depends what happens in the summer but as matters stand I think relegation to league two is more likely than promotion back to the Championship.

Accrington on Saturday will be a good indicator of our current level. I’m not expecting us to win there.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024