Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses 08:23 - Jan 9 with 20169 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When we are relegated, would you go to these games:
1) The checkatrade trophy game at home to Scum. It’s regionalised isn’t it so would definitely happen in the group.

2) The Final at Wembley should we get there.

It’s a no for both for me. Play the reserves every week and pretend it doesn’t exist. I really hope we DON’T win it because I don’t want my first experience of Wembley with Ipswich to be in the tinpot competition. Nearly as bad as drawing Spurs away in a cup competition and it being at Wembley.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 8:25]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:31 - Jan 9 with 1507 viewswkj

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:26 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I would have if it was an IF.

The second Millwall scored that third goal, it went from IF to WHEN.

It is still IF, until that red line is through our name. There is no question about it, the odds may be longer and longer, but you've given up supporting the moment you don't accept this.

We fight to survive no matter how big the size of the army, or challenge, we face.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:31 - Jan 9 with 1511 viewsGuthrum

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:14 - Jan 9 by BrixtonBlue

Rommers is hurting, that's all. It will be absolute scenes if we do somehow manage to survive."

Indeed. That's why I'm just disagreeing with him rather than having a go (or biting my tongue instead of doing so, I like Rommers).

However, I do think it's unhealthy to foster an atmosphere of doom and gloom (e.g. people saying "when" not "if"). Especially when Lambert is trying so hard to do the opposite. There is a risk that eventually it will transfer to matchday, which will be of no help to the team at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:33 - Jan 9 with 1512 viewswkj

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:31 - Jan 9 by Guthrum

Indeed. That's why I'm just disagreeing with him rather than having a go (or biting my tongue instead of doing so, I like Rommers).

However, I do think it's unhealthy to foster an atmosphere of doom and gloom (e.g. people saying "when" not "if"). Especially when Lambert is trying so hard to do the opposite. There is a risk that eventually it will transfer to matchday, which will be of no help to the team at all.

Again you manage to eloquently sum up what I can't seem to convey- yet think.

You wanna meet hoppy and I for a Christmas drink in 2020?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:35 - Jan 9 with 1501 viewsPJH

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:31 - Jan 9 by wkj

It is still IF, until that red line is through our name. There is no question about it, the odds may be longer and longer, but you've given up supporting the moment you don't accept this.

We fight to survive no matter how big the size of the army, or challenge, we face.

That is very Churchillian.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:36 - Jan 9 with 1499 viewswkj

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:35 - Jan 9 by PJH

That is very Churchillian.

I must admit I sparked up a Hamlet after pressing enter.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 1491 viewsIpswichKnight

Do the scums U21 actually play in the EFL trophy? had a quick look earlier and couldn't see them ( suspect we would end up with Col who and the Sewer on Sea + an U21 team )
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:40 - Jan 9 with 1487 viewsPJH

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:39 - Jan 9 by IpswichKnight

Do the scums U21 actually play in the EFL trophy? had a quick look earlier and couldn't see them ( suspect we would end up with Col who and the Sewer on Sea + an U21 team )

Not yet but Rommy says that they are going up.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:42 - Jan 9 with 1484 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:29 - Jan 9 by wkj

If by what I do, you mean highlight areas of your experience of a town fan that needs honing, then I accept that.

Don't give into to the cantankerous defeatist attitude on here by some, its a slippery slope because eventually you might come over as enjoying it.

As for fancies yourself as a super fan - you pretty much engaged in a thread saying this yourself, yes it was a jokey thread, well guess what... This is what YOU do, in terms of repeatedly like to banter with others, but the second you get a bit back, you melt.

I rip the piss out of Spruce as much as I do you, and he rips the piss out of me too, the sooner you realise this aimed at you may be playful vs spiteful, the more secure in yourself you might be. If you don't feel you should see it as playful, then stop dishing out the bantz yourself.

TL:DR - Don't be such a soppy melt and learn to take it as well as give it

I don’t try to ‘bantz’ with either of you. In fact, if anything, I avoid the pair of you on here.

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:46 - Jan 9 with 1472 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:31 - Jan 9 by Guthrum

It’s hard to not be negative in our situation. I still go to the games and make as much noise as I can. But on here, I’ll just go with how I’m feeling. And right now, it’s very tough not to be expecting relegation for the first time into the third division in 60 years.

All this is kind of ironic. Two or three years ago I was moaned at on here by some for being too positive and optimistic.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:47 - Jan 9 with 1466 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:40 - Jan 9 by PJH

Not yet but Rommy says that they are going up.

It was hypothetical. So IF they go up I could’ve added I suppose.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:48 - Jan 9 with 1462 viewsSpruceMoose

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:22 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

See. This is what you do.

‘Fancies himself as a bit of a super fan’. Only you and the Moose say that. Nobody else thinks it. Not me, not anyone. So stop that bollox.

As for the bit about not understanding what it is to be a supporter. That’s because I’ve had nothing but disappointment from Town. My optimism has faded. It’s just an endless cycle.

Please stop including me in your tantrums. Thank you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:49 - Jan 9 with 1456 viewsgiant_stow

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:46 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s hard to not be negative in our situation. I still go to the games and make as much noise as I can. But on here, I’ll just go with how I’m feeling. And right now, it’s very tough not to be expecting relegation for the first time into the third division in 60 years.

All this is kind of ironic. Two or three years ago I was moaned at on here by some for being too positive and optimistic.

going down (if you lot do) isn't as bad as you think it'll be. Its nice just to start winning some games again - you'd soon forget about any silly delusions of grandeur or worries about respect.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:49 - Jan 9 with 1456 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:48 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

Please stop including me in your tantrums. Thank you.

I’m having a discussion. Not a tantrum.

It’s a shame you choose to prod for arguments rather than engage. Have you ever actually had a football discussion on here for that matter?

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:49 - Jan 9 with 1455 viewsSpruceMoose

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:42 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t try to ‘bantz’ with either of you. In fact, if anything, I avoid the pair of you on here.

If you'd like to avoid me, please stop mentioning me in your posts.

Thanks!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:51 - Jan 9 with 1452 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:49 - Jan 9 by giant_stow

going down (if you lot do) isn't as bad as you think it'll be. Its nice just to start winning some games again - you'd soon forget about any silly delusions of grandeur or worries about respect.

We’ve lost to Accrington and Exeter this season already Ullers.

I’m really not that confident we’d actually win as much as people think with this squad in League 1.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:51 - Jan 9 with 1451 viewsPJH

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:49 - Jan 9 by giant_stow

Although we would STILL have a history-bet you wished that you had one.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:52 - Jan 9 with 1448 viewswkj

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:42 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

As true as that may be my comment was about your personality on here in general. I honestly am unsure where your irrational dislike for me came from, but I respect it exists because its only human nature I suppose- but I can assure you that if you feel I have a problem or ever had a problem with you, then that simply is not the case.

Otherwise my points still stand, I have only used language on this post to things you've said yourself; much in the way I would with anyone else; but seriously, stop going down this slippery slope you're on, or you'll just become someone that revels in the negativity for fun- no one wants to see such an impassioned young lad like yourself turn into Spruce's mum

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:53 - Jan 9 with 1441 viewsSpruceMoose

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:49 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m having a discussion. Not a tantrum.

It’s a shame you choose to prod for arguments rather than engage. Have you ever actually had a football discussion on here for that matter?

Yeah, on a Saturday afternoon usually. You probably miss those discussions though being preoccupied by your own Evans Out postings.

Seriously Rommers, I'm bored with your attitude. If anyone is prodding here it is you. In fact, I deliberately had avoided commenting on your post until you name checked me.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:53 - Jan 9 with 1441 viewsgiant_stow

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:51 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

We’ve lost to Accrington and Exeter this season already Ullers.

I’m really not that confident we’d actually win as much as people think with this squad in League 1.

I wouldn;t know about that, but chin up mr - it'll get better.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:54 - Jan 9 with 1435 viewsgiant_stow

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:51 - Jan 9 by PJH

Although we would STILL have a history-bet you wished that you had one.

I love it when you coming out fighting! grrr! You really got me.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:55 - Jan 9 with 1428 viewswkj

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:46 - Jan 9 by The_Romford_Blue

"I was moaned at on here by some for being too positive and optimistic"

This is what I am trying to get across to you, you need to try and not be so sensitive to things, certainly not to the point where you feel you should be a misery guts to appease them.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:56 - Jan 9 with 1418 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:55 - Jan 9 by wkj

"I was moaned at on here by some for being too positive and optimistic"

This is what I am trying to get across to you, you need to try and not be so sensitive to things, certainly not to the point where you feel you should be a misery guts to appease them.

Sweet. I’ll no longer post positive or negative posts. Everything will now be neutral

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:57 - Jan 9 with 1414 viewsPJH

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:54 - Jan 9 by giant_stow

I love it when you coming out fighting! grrr! You really got me.

Well all that you are famous for is that female cook that sometimes likes a drink.

Not sure if The Kinks reference was deliberate but I am actually playing a Ray Davies CD at the moment(his latest one).

I think you are intelligent enough (for a budgie) for that reference to be deliberate.
Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:58 - Jan 9 with 1409 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:53 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

Yeah, on a Saturday afternoon usually. You probably miss those discussions though being preoccupied by your own Evans Out postings.

Seriously Rommers, I'm bored with your attitude. If anyone is prodding here it is you. In fact, I deliberately had avoided commenting on your post until you name checked me.

I don’t do the Evans Out posts anymore. Too much hassle. Who wants football talk on here straight after matches anyway? This is for politics and Veganism.

In fact, an Evans Out post came from WKJ the other day in tribute to me. Which was nice.

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:59 - Jan 9 with 1406 viewsgiant_stow

Hypothetical question for the TWTD masses on 13:57 - Jan 9 by PJH

Well all that you are famous for is that female cook that sometimes likes a drink.

Not sure if The Kinks reference was deliberate but I am actually playing a Ray Davies CD at the moment(his latest one).

I think you are intelligent enough (for a budgie) for that reference to be deliberate.

Hey, of course it was deliberate - you're mr kinks on here, in my mind at least. My Kinks mate thanked me loads for that show you alerted everyone to on Sky arts, so have some of his thanks (hes an arsenal fan, so they're clean!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024