Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. 19:28 - Jan 11 with 12047 viewsDanTheMan

So a few nights ago it sounded like the fire alarm was beeping. Even though the fire alarms are mains powered I replaced the batteries in both and the noise seemed to stop beeping after I tested the alarms.

Last night the beeping returned. Took the alarms off again thinking maybe one of them is faulty and the beeping continued. Sounds like it's coming from the hall but there is nothing else electric there other than a light. At around 3am it just stopped beeping.

Now it's started again so did the same thing, took the alarms and and stuck them in a completely different room to the sound. Turned the mains off and... Still bloody beeping. Checked the loft, moved the insulation and there's nothing there.

Any idea what the fook it could be before I get an emergency callout? I can't have another night's sleep with it going.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 11:59 - Jan 17 with 5152 viewsDanTheMan

UPDATE:

After a week of beeping, we gave in and got someone over to help us find it. Carpet up, floorboards up and....

There it is. Basically sandwiched between the stairs and the kitchen.

Right now I can hear no beeping and it is fooking bliss.

I'm going to enjoy smashing it into tiny pieces tonight.

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 12:00 - Jan 17 with 5147 viewsBurwell_Blue

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 11:59 - Jan 17 by DanTheMan

UPDATE:

After a week of beeping, we gave in and got someone over to help us find it. Carpet up, floorboards up and....

What is it?

edit - just read back.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 12:01]
Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 5131 viewschicoazul

It's a signal Bird Box is about to happen and you are one of the chosen ones marked for survival. If you translate the beeping into morse code you will get the co-ordinates of where you need to go. Good luck friend.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 12:08 - Jan 17 with 5114 viewsDanTheMan

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 12:04 - Jan 17 by chicoazul

It's a signal Bird Box is about to happen and you are one of the chosen ones marked for survival. If you translate the beeping into morse code you will get the co-ordinates of where you need to go. Good luck friend.

Well the translation is pretty simple.

"e e e e e e e e e e e e e..." (repeat until you reach 10080 e)

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 17:22 - Jan 17 with 4995 viewsstrikalite

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 11:59 - Jan 17 by DanTheMan

UPDATE:

There it is?? Sorry, what am i looking for? A load of cooker cable....

Someone point out the obvious please...
Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 17:27 - Jan 17 with 4994 viewsBackToRussia

UPDATE:

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 19:25 - Jan 17 with 4963 viewsDanTheMan

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 17:22 - Jan 17 by strikalite

There it is?? Sorry, what am i looking for? A load of cooker cable....

Someone point out the obvious please...

That little yellow box at the back is a fire alarm. It was running out of battery.

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 4943 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 19:25 - Jan 17 by DanTheMan

That little yellow box at the back is a fire alarm. It was running out of battery.

What the hell is it doing there?! Someone do that for a laugh?!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 20:19 - Jan 17 with 4929 viewsDanTheMan

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 19:48 - Jan 17 by Terry_Nutkins

What the hell is it doing there?! Someone do that for a laugh?!

Either that or they couldn't be bothered to put it in the bin.

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 20:24 - Jan 17 with 4924 viewsSpruceMoose

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 20:19 - Jan 17 by DanTheMan

Either that or they couldn't be bothered to put it in the bin.

I mean, we all leave a bag of prawns behind the radiators when we leave a property but what kind of monster does this?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 22:00 - Jan 17 with 4889 viewsjjblue84

UPDATE:

Some dodgy wiring there...recommend you install some sort of warning system in case they get too hot and start smoking...
Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 23:18 - Jan 17 with 4843 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 20:24 - Jan 17 by SpruceMoose

I mean, we all leave a bag of prawns behind the radiators when we leave a property but what kind of monster does this?

Help yourself to an uppie. That made me chuckle.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 07:02 - Jan 18 with 4787 viewsm14_blue

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 21:05 - Jan 11 by DanTheMan

It could be that in the floor. But the only one we have we also stuck outside to eliminate.

We've come to the conclusion that the lazy bar steward here before us has left a battery smoke alarm in the floor upstairs.

Another exciting find from the man who:
- Wired the house himself but didn't earth any of the plug sockets
- Built the conservatory (that he bought off eBay) with his mother which is held together with tape
- Left a clamp behind the shed
- Buried a sink in the garden
- Planted a Eucalyptus tree in the corner of the garden next to the fence, telling next door it was only a small bush, which then obviously grew incredibly large and nearly ripped their shed up.

I'm going to get a new build next time.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 9:21]

‘Buried a sink in the garden’

Not sure why but that really tickled me.
Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 07:25 - Jan 18 with 4781 viewsjjblue84

Some advice on a mysterious beeping noise in my house. on 21:05 - Jan 11 by DanTheMan

It could be that in the floor. But the only one we have we also stuck outside to eliminate.

We've come to the conclusion that the lazy bar steward here before us has left a battery smoke alarm in the floor upstairs.

Another exciting find from the man who:
- Wired the house himself but didn't earth any of the plug sockets
- Built the conservatory (that he bought off eBay) with his mother which is held together with tape
- Left a clamp behind the shed
- Buried a sink in the garden
- Planted a Eucalyptus tree in the corner of the garden next to the fence, telling next door it was only a small bush, which then obviously grew incredibly large and nearly ripped their shed up.

I'm going to get a new build next time.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 9:21]

Looked under the patio yet??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024