Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Blackburn 08:05 - Jan 15 with 4642 viewsmarkand1986

Gerkin

Spence Chambers Collins Elder

Trev Skuse

Judge

Quanner Keane Dawks
Team for Blackburn on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 1296 viewsHerbivore

Team for Blackburn on 10:03 - Jan 15 by Deano69

Definitely. Seems to score 5 in 6 and then goes several games without a sniff. Think I'd try him as an 'impact sub', preferably through the middle playing off Quaner/Keane.

He's been our best player under Lambert imo and even if he's not scoring he still gets and creates chances. He's the last player I'd drop at the minute to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team for Blackburn on 10:11 - Jan 15 with 1288 viewsDeano69

Team for Blackburn on 10:08 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

He's been our best player under Lambert imo and even if he's not scoring he still gets and creates chances. He's the last player I'd drop at the minute to be fair.

Hopefully he is due another good spell of scoring. May be helped with the new signings, fresh impetus and improved service.

Lets hope! Nothing would please me more than to see him score 20 this season

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Team for Blackburn on 10:14 - Jan 15 with 1280 viewsSuperfrans

Team for Blackburn on 10:08 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Yes, he had a great November, but has faded. There is logic in what you say, but he was poor on Saturday (the assist aside) and I couldn't imagine leaving him in ahead of the obvious alternatives - Lankester, Judge, Keane, Quaner.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Team for Blackburn on 10:17 - Jan 15 with 1275 viewsHerbivore

Team for Blackburn on 10:14 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Yes, he had a great November, but has faded. There is logic in what you say, but he was poor on Saturday (the assist aside) and I couldn't imagine leaving him in ahead of the obvious alternatives - Lankester, Judge, Keane, Quaner.

What has Quaner showed to put him ahead of Sears? For me none of them offer his pace or work rate. And yeah, if you ignore him setting up the winning goal he wasn't at his best. But he did set up the winning goal. I think we're a more balanced side with him in it.

Team for Blackburn on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 1267 viewsSuperfrans

Team for Blackburn on 10:17 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

What has Quaner showed to put him ahead of Sears? For me none of them offer his pace or work rate. And yeah, if you ignore him setting up the winning goal he wasn't at his best. But he did set up the winning goal. I think we're a more balanced side with him in it.

It's not really about what Quaner has shown. He's played one game, and is obviously in need of match fitness. But he is obviously Lambert's first choice down the middle for now.

If that's the case, Keane also needs fitness, so will play.

Then it's down to Lankester, Judge or Sears. I just can't see Sears starting ahead of the other two this weekend.

Team for Blackburn on 10:27 - Jan 15 with 1262 viewsHerbivore

Team for Blackburn on 10:24 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

It's not really about what Quaner has shown. He's played one game, and is obviously in need of match fitness. But he is obviously Lambert's first choice down the middle for now.

Then it's down to Lankester, Judge or Sears. I just can't see Sears starting ahead of the other two this weekend.

I'm not sure Quaner and Keane work together. It means a change of shape from what we've been playing and it didn't really work on Saturday. Our issue under PL has been a lack of quality as opposed to the system so I'd rather we persevere with the system we've been playing and slot the better quality signings into that system. For me that means Quaner or Keane (unless we need to go two up top mid game). We looked really unbalanced at the weekend.

Team for Blackburn on 10:34 - Jan 15 with 1249 viewsDeano69

Team for Blackburn on 10:24 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Nor can I based on current form and a want to see what the new signings can do.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Team for Blackburn on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 1248 viewsSuperfrans

Team for Blackburn on 10:27 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I'm not sure Quaner and Keane work together. It means a change of shape from what we've been playing and it didn't really work on Saturday. Our issue under PL has been a lack of quality as opposed to the system so I'd rather we persevere with the system we've been playing and slot the better quality signings into that system. For me that means Quaner or Keane (unless we need to go two up top mid game). We looked really unbalanced at the weekend.

I don't disagree. We were much more solid, of course. But we seemed to have sacrificed the creativity we have had more recently.

It's the next challenge for Lambert. How do we keep the flowing midfield play of recent weeks, and supplement that with more of a cutting edge. We previously had the former without the latter. But we need both.

But, I'd assume that he will give the new players he's brought in a chance to gel - which almost certainly means Keane, Quaner and Judge, fitness permitting.

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Blackburn on 10:41 - Jan 15 with 1244 viewsHerbivore

Team for Blackburn on 10:35 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

I don't disagree. We were much more solid, of course. But we seemed to have sacrificed the creativity we have had more recently.

It's the next challenge for Lambert. How do we keep the flowing midfield play of recent weeks, and supplement that with more of a cutting edge. We previously had the former without the latter. But we need both.

But, I'd assume that he will give the new players he's brought in a chance to gel - which almost certainly means Keane, Quaner and Judge, fitness permitting.

I think the solidity was more due to Collins coming in than it was down to the shape. We weren't exactly stifling them or preventing them from creating. I think with the previous shape we'd have kept the ball better in that second half and come under less pressure.

My worry with throwing all the new signings in is that we drop too many more points whilst looking to gel, again. The Rotherham game was for the most part a terrible and very disjointed performance. I don't want to sacrifice our shape and players who have been performing well for the sake of accommodating all the newbies. Doing that signalled the beginning of the end under Hurst. I'd rather we take a more balanced approach.

Team for Blackburn on 10:53 - Jan 15 with 1230 viewsEvansOut

Would like to see:

Gerken

Pennington Chambers Collins Elder

Skuse

Judge Bishop

Keane Quanner Lankaster

Poll: Evans in or out?

Team for Blackburn on 11:39 - Jan 15 with 1219 viewsPilgrimblue

Team for Blackburn on 10:53 - Jan 15 by EvansOut

Would like to see:

Gerken

Pennington Chambers Collins Elder

Skuse

Judge Bishop

Keane Quanner Lankaster

Gerks apart that looks like a good side for Saturday.
His kicking is poor so players neef to be available nearby so that we have better chance of retaining the ball unlike last time when we kept on setting them up.
Trevor and Freddie need to be benched for this one.
Team for Blackburn on 11:56 - Jan 15 with 1204 viewsIpswichTownNL

-----------------------------Bart-------------------------
Pennington----Nsiala--------Collins--------Elder
---------------------Skuse----Huws--------------------
Lankester--------------Keane--------------Judge----
-------------------------Jackson--------------------------

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Team for Blackburn on 11:59 - Jan 15 with 1199 viewsSuperfrans

Team for Blackburn on 10:41 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I think the solidity was more due to Collins coming in than it was down to the shape. We weren't exactly stifling them or preventing them from creating. I think with the previous shape we'd have kept the ball better in that second half and come under less pressure.

My worry with throwing all the new signings in is that we drop too many more points whilst looking to gel, again. The Rotherham game was for the most part a terrible and very disjointed performance. I don't want to sacrifice our shape and players who have been performing well for the sake of accommodating all the newbies. Doing that signalled the beginning of the end under Hurst. I'd rather we take a more balanced approach.

Agreed.

The good thing is that we have a manager who has said, quite openly, that results aren't everything,. He wants to play a certain way too.

He's also smart enough to know that the match on Saturday wasn't perfect by any means. He'll know (like we do) that we'll need to improve our creativity and ball retention if we are to make any progress over the next few weeks.

Team for Blackburn on 12:08 - Jan 15 with 1196 viewsHerbivore

Team for Blackburn on 11:59 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

Agreed.

The good thing is that we have a manager who has said, quite openly, that results aren't everything,. He wants to play a certain way too.

He's also smart enough to know that the match on Saturday wasn't perfect by any means. He'll know (like we do) that we'll need to improve our creativity and ball retention if we are to make any progress over the next few weeks.

Let's hope so. Saturday worried me slightly as it was rather reminiscent of Hurst against Norwich with a lot of new faces and seeming to rip up the previous plan to try and get a result at all costs. The only real difference was we clung on to our 1-0 lead this time. I'm hoping Lambert looks to strike more of a balance between accommodating the new players and keeping what had been working okay previously rather than scrapping it all and starting over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024