Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Bent 19:03 - Jan 15 with 2200 viewsFarmerpiles

Earned £10m in his football career, around £20,000 a week at Town and it's all gone. Made bankrupt in the high court after failing to pay HMRC several large tax bills. Met him once after a home match not long after he'd signed for us. Was more then happy to sign an autograph for my kid plus a photo. Know he ended up in trouble with the law years later . How things , and people change. Seem to remember him scoring a good few goals for us when he first came in, and thinking we were safe. Didn't turn out that way.
Marcus Bent on 19:06 - Jan 15 with 2165 viewsBloomBlue

Don't worry the tax payers will make sure he's ok and won't go hungry
Marcus Bent on 19:07 - Jan 15 with 2152 viewsBlueBadger

Marcus Bent on 19:06 - Jan 15 by BloomBlue

Don't worry the tax payers will make sure he's ok and won't go hungry

I'd hate to think he'd be let down as much as Kevin Beattie and his wife were, given that his problems have reduced his circumstances so.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 19:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Marcus Bent on 19:18 - Jan 15 with 2063 viewsbadadski

Marcus Bent on 19:07 - Jan 15 by BlueBadger

I'd hate to think he'd be let down as much as Kevin Beattie and his wife were, given that his problems have reduced his circumstances so.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 19:17]

Tax avoidance scams by all account's according to the news. Its always the case, the more you earn the less tax you want to pay.

It always catches up with you.
Marcus Bent on 19:19 - Jan 15 with 2049 viewsBlueBadger

Marcus Bent on 19:18 - Jan 15 by badadski

Tax avoidance scams by all account's according to the news. Its always the case, the more you earn the less tax you want to pay.

It always catches up with you.

It's almost like the people running this things are crooks and shysters.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Marcus Bent on 19:39 - Jan 15 with 1918 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Defies belief how someone earning that much can blow the lot, completely idiotic
Marcus Bent on 19:54 - Jan 15 with 1851 viewsbadadski

Marcus Bent on 19:39 - Jan 15 by backwiththeboysagain

Defies belief how someone earning that much can blow the lot, completely idiotic

Tax dodging, probably schemes like what caused the Glasgow rangers downfall.

In fairness my friend got caught up with a similar problem because of advice from his accountant and not being in the know could have put him in a lot of bother.

His accountant has since vanished off the face of the planet when these schemes started collapsing and his new guys were shocked at how bad it was.
Marcus Bent on 21:22 - Jan 15 with 1636 viewseddiespearitt03

A good player on his day.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 0:36]
Marcus Bent on 21:31 - Jan 15 with 1606 viewsHipsterectomy

He doesn't even have an ex-club he can go to for a sympathy coaching/scouting/pundit role I'm sure. Journeyman who showed no desire to remain anywhere long enough to build a rapport

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Bent on 21:38 - Jan 15 with 1565 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest problem for most footballers is that they earn high wages for a shortish period of their life early on in it.

That way many get used to a certain lifestyle that is unsustainable once the earning virtually stops.

There are, of course, other risk factors too. Gillespie was on a documentary about gambling not that long ago.

Every club and agent has a moral responsibility to educate their employees/clients about wise money management. Even so, some will not take on the advice.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024