Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Put up or shut up 19:42 - Jan 15 with 6581 viewsGlasgowBlue

Basically what May has told Corbyn.

Losing by 230 she should really resign.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Put up or shut up on 20:00 - Jan 15 with 3551 viewsBluefish

But it won't help

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Put up or shut up on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 3487 viewsm14_blue

The whole lot of them are an absolute shower.

Labour have chosen a time of national crisis to play party political games whilst tories on either side of the fence have refused to compromise or act like actual adults at all.

Of course the deal isn’t perfect but there are so many differing views that no one faction was ever going to get exactly what they want.

It’s time for them all to sit down like grown ups and actually work out a compromise rather than throwing their collective toys out of the pram and regurgitating sound bites and platitudes without offering any viable alternatives.
Put up or shut up on 20:49 - Jan 15 with 3467 viewsgtsb

Put up or shut up on 20:47 - Jan 15 by m14_blue

Labour have chosen a time of national crisis to play party political games whilst tories on either side of the fence have refused to compromise or act like actual adults at all.

Of course the deal isn’t perfect but there are so many differing views that no one faction was ever going to get exactly what they want.

It’s time for them all to sit down like grown ups and actually work out a compromise rather than throwing their collective toys out of the pram and regurgitating sound bites and platitudes without offering any viable alternatives.

If I went to the ballot box tomorrow it would be less painful to stick the pencil in my eye than to put a cross next to anyone representing these parties.
Put up or shut up on 20:49 - Jan 15 with 3458 viewsGlasgowBlue

Re your second paragraph. Last month Jacob Rees Mogg and co ensured that she was safe as Tory leader for another year by forcing a vote of confidence in her and tomorrow Jezza comes riding to her rescue to ensure that her government is in power for another four years.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:55]

Iron Lion Zion

Put up or shut up on 20:52 - Jan 15 with 3437 viewsDanTheMan

That's never going to happen. Our political system is just not set up for parties working together and nothing in our society seems to be geared up that way either. And it only seems to be getting worse.

People seem more passionate about besting the other side than they do about anything else. Nothing else seems to matter as long as you're won.

I absolutely hate it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Put up or shut up on 20:53 - Jan 15 with 3425 viewsgrimboy

Put up or shut up on 20:49 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

Re your second paragraph. Last month Jacob Rees Mogg and co ensured that she was safe as Tory leader for another year by forcing a vote of confidence in her and tomorrow Jezza comes riding to her rescue to ensure that her government is in power for another four years.

No one in their right mind would ever vote Corbyn in as PM surely the blokes hasn’t got a clue.
Put up or shut up on 20:55 - Jan 15 with 3414 viewsNo9

Put up or shut up on 20:49 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

Mr Rees-Mogg on the box tnoiught taking the pi$$ out of the people & making a mokery of the paliamentary procedure.
The duplicitous bastards will vote against the government because thay have no confidence in the government but not against them in a Vote of Confidence
These people are the lowest of the low
Put up or shut up on 20:55 - Jan 15 with 3409 viewswkj

Lets be honest here Glasssers, I understand you are a conservative - but bid you ever feel the Conservative/DUP informal coalition was going to be enough to see this process through?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Put up or shut up on 20:56 - Jan 15 with 3402 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yep....the SNP too angling for another go at leaving UK off the back of it......the Emperor has no clothes!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Put up or shut up on 20:57 - Jan 15 with 3393 viewsNo9

Put up or shut up on 20:53 - Jan 15 by grimboy

No one in their right mind would ever vote Corbyn in as PM surely the blokes hasn’t got a clue.

In British policy we are told to vote for the policy not the person
Put up or shut up on 21:04 - Jan 15 with 3366 viewsGlasgowBlue

Put up or shut up on 20:55 - Jan 15 by wkj

Lets be honest here Glasssers, I understand you are a conservative - but bid you ever feel the Conservative/DUP informal coalition was going to be enough to see this process through?

I’m not a conservative. I resigned my membership because of the DUP deal.

The arrangement with the DUP has little bearing on tonight’s vote or the type of deal May has tried to get through. 118 of her own MPs opposed it.

The DUP deal is useful to the Tories so long as Labour are close to the Tories in the polls. When the polls show a big Tory lea then they will dump May and dump the DUP petty quickly and call an election.

Iron Lion Zion

Put up or shut up on 21:07 - Jan 15 with 3343 viewswkj

Put up or shut up on 21:04 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

I’m not a conservative. I resigned my membership because of the DUP deal.

The arrangement with the DUP has little bearing on tonight’s vote or the type of deal May has tried to get through. 118 of her own MPs opposed it.

The DUP deal is useful to the Tories so long as Labour are close to the Tories in the polls. When the polls show a big Tory lea then they will dump May and dump the DUP petty quickly and call an election.

I understand more, I wasn't meaning tonight's outcome, I don't think that many could have really predicted the profound journey of the last two years back then.

I meant at the time of the 2nd vote, did you believe the government was capable of negotiating the withdrawal on such paper thin majorities
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:12]

Crybaby

Put up or shut up on 21:07 - Jan 15 with 3343 viewsgrimboy

Put up or shut up on 20:57 - Jan 15 by No9

In British policy we are told to vote for the policy not the person

They don’t Have Brexit policy though well Corbyn never mentioned it on the Marr show after being asked five times lol.
Who would vote for labour wanting Brexit.
Put up or shut up on 21:09 - Jan 15 with 3331 viewsGlasgowBlue

Put up or shut up on 21:07 - Jan 15 by wkj

I understand more, I wasn't meaning tonight's outcome, I don't think that many could have really predicted the profound journey of the last two years back then.

I meant at the time of the 2nd vote, did you believe the government was capable of negotiating the withdrawal on such paper thin majorities
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:12]

I see. I believe I posted at the time that a meaningful Brexit died the night she lost her majority.

Iron Lion Zion

Put up or shut up on 21:09 - Jan 15 with 3329 viewsm14_blue

Put up or shut up on 21:07 - Jan 15 by grimboy

They don’t Have Brexit policy though well Corbyn never mentioned it on the Marr show after being asked five times lol.

Or who wanted to remain?

They’re trying to play both sides but are just alienating both sides at the moment.

Pathetic.
Put up or shut up on 21:13 - Jan 15 with 3304 viewswkj

Put up or shut up on 21:09 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

I see. I believe I posted at the time that a meaningful Brexit died the night she lost her majority.

I'm not really looking to trawl and fact check, and I can assure you this isn't some trap im laying to have a pop - I am genuinely interest in your reflection.

Crybaby

Put up or shut up on 21:14 - Jan 15 with 3297 viewsNo9

Put up or shut up on 21:07 - Jan 15 by grimboy

I said you're supposed to vote for the policy not the person- I never mentioned any names.
I am sure the labour & other parties have a web site where you can read what their policies are?

But, labour aren't in power so, more importantly, the government of the day have just been heavily defeated on their policy - do you think they should continue with something they have been told is not wanted?

They keep trying to turn the UK into a dictatorship - why don't you want to fight that?
Put up or shut up on 21:15 - Jan 15 with 3288 viewsNthsuffolkblue

May has offered to resign and allow Corbyn to lead a different minority government?

I must have missed that. I thought she was limply clinging to the last fragments of power in the hope the mess will go away.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Put up or shut up on 21:19 - Jan 15 with 3270 viewsBloomBlue

Put up or shut up on 21:14 - Jan 15 by No9

I said you're supposed to vote for the policy not the person- I never mentioned any names.
I am sure the labour & other parties have a web site where you can read what their policies are?

But, labour aren't in power so, more importantly, the government of the day have just been heavily defeated on their policy - do you think they should continue with something they have been told is not wanted?

They keep trying to turn the UK into a dictatorship - why don't you want to fight that?

But surely remainers trying to force us to stay in the EU after a majority voted to leave is also a form of dictatorship?
Put up or shut up on 21:19 - Jan 15 with 3268 viewsNo9

Put up or shut up on 21:15 - Jan 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

May has offered to resign and allow Corbyn to lead a different minority government?

I must have missed that. I thought she was limply clinging to the last fragments of power in the hope the mess will go away.

She invited the opposition to bring in a vote of no confidence & if they didn't others could.
I never heard her surrendering- quite the opposite & the tory mob believing she has the sympathy vote are not going to let that go
Put up or shut up on 21:19 - Jan 15 with 3267 viewsgrimboy

Put up or shut up on 21:14 - Jan 15 by No9

Anything is better than a labour government.
Put up or shut up on 21:24 - Jan 15 with 3246 viewsNo9

Put up or shut up on 21:19 - Jan 15 by grimboy

OK, so you are happy with a dictatorship, hardly surprising the country is in a mess?
A bit sad that
Put up or shut up on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 3237 viewswkj

Put up or shut up on 21:19 - Jan 15 by grimboy

In your opinion, but as it looks now from an on the fencer, Mrs May seems to be looking much much weaker

Crybaby

Put up or shut up on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 3236 viewsNo9

Put up or shut up on 21:19 - Jan 15 by BloomBlue

But surely remainers trying to force us to stay in the EU after a majority voted to leave is also a form of dictatorship?

That is a completely different thing isn't it

This government lost a key vote what do you think they shoudl do?
Or don't you believe in democracy either?
Put up or shut up on 21:27 - Jan 15 with 3235 viewsgrimboy

Put up or shut up on 21:24 - Jan 15 by No9

OK, so you are happy with a dictatorship, hardly surprising the country is in a mess?
A bit sad that

Better ,than strikes in the public services every week and I mean more than now under the Tories ,borrowing money hand over foot and plunging the uk into even further debt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024