Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members 13:57 - Jan 22 with 6287 viewsblue62

Off to California this summer, making use for the first time of not having to wait for school holiday.

Any advice on where to go and what to see?

So far have planned on San Diego, LA, Yosemite, San Fran, but any other suggestions or things to do while there would be good.
Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 16:40 - Jan 22 with 994 viewsSpruceMoose

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 16:31 - Jan 22 by footers

When does hunting season start in New York?

There isn't one. There are only 500 - 700 Moose in NYS.

So it would be murder. That's twice I've had a death threat on here now...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 16:40]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 967 viewschicoazul

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 14:00 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

san fran is a great city, even if it is filthy dirty. Million dollar apartments with, literally, small villages of tented homeless folks on the street outside. It's tragic and fascinating at the same time.

SF strikes me as a pure dystopic vision of Hell.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 16:57 - Jan 22 with 962 viewsbluerthanthou

I went to San Fran three years ago and loved it.

I did a tour (and tasting) of the Anchor Brewery which I'd booked in advance and was glad I had as its popular and you couldn't bowl up on the day. Recommended.

Cliche, but Golden Gate Bridge is amazing.

Lots of good, independent coffee spots around. Also great cafes and restaurants in Little Italy (Columbus Avenue).
Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 18:11 - Jan 22 with 929 viewsfactual_blue

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 16:40 - Jan 22 by SpruceMoose

There isn't one. There are only 500 - 700 Moose in NYS.

So it would be murder. That's twice I've had a death threat on here now...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 16:40]

They only count if a bus is involved.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 18:12 - Jan 22 with 925 viewsSpruceMoose

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 18:11 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

They only count if a bus is involved.

Apparently it doesn't count even then. Just bantz innit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 18:14 - Jan 22 with 916 viewsSpruceMoose

A stroll around the Tenderloin is a must for any unsuspecting tourist.

Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 18:41 - Jan 22 with 904 viewsPecker

Ask Fergal, he seems to be everywhere at the moment.
Holiday advice from the well travelled TWTD members on 20:43 - Jan 22 with 881 viewsfloridaboy

Do the hop on hop off your in San Diego. Great way of seeing the sights. In Yosemite go up to Glacier Point. Absolutely spectacular.

Agree about a visit to Napa Valley!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024