Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling hits highest level since November. 11:58 - Jan 24 with 4445 viewsLord_Lucan

- Pound nears $1.31 and €1.15
- Euro recovery may be curbed by cautious ECB.
- Prolonged US shutdown weighs on dollar.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 13:47 - Jan 24 with 1294 viewsBlueBadger

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 13:38 - Jan 24 by Weekender

I honesty think that had the ERG been offered May's deal at the outset the'd have jumped at it.

I fear you may be underestimating their levels of loonery here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 13:48 - Jan 24 with 1292 viewsBOjK

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 12:53 - Jan 24 by BloomBlue

As in the no deal deal has been done?

I've never understood how a no deal isn't a deal because surely when we leave that's the deal, we tell them we're leaving and they aren't getting any money; deal with it EU

I'm fascinated by this response. Worrying on a few levels.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 14:39 - Jan 24 with 1258 viewsChampionship

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 12:30 - Jan 24 by BloomBlue

Obviously another day nearer a Brexit no deal is having a positive impact on the £

It's actually quite the opposite. If you cross reference the move in sterling with the betting markets for Brexit you see the real picture. Not leaving the EU on March 29th is now heavily odds on. This is probably viewed as the first step towards Brexit being reversed or significantly softened. Leaving without a deal is heavily odds against. I can't imagine it takes much money to shift the odds significantly in these markets but it hasn't happened which suggests this is mass opinion of where we are. Overall the odds suggest extending article 50 for 3 months or so and May's deal eventually getting through with a few minor tweaks.

It seems clear that Rees-Mogg etc know their hard Brexit fantasy relies on the clock running out. It may well suit May to extend article 50 to show the ERG etc that leaving without a deal isn't an option and it's her deal or remain.
Sterling hits highest level since November. on 15:25 - Jan 24 with 1232 viewsjaykay

still got to go along way to reach 1.73 euros
still that was in the good old days when we 5th in the premiership

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 1228 viewsCotty

Probably best to look on a slightly longer timeline too.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y
Sterling hits highest level since November. on 15:32 - Jan 24 with 1220 viewsLord_Lucan

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 15:25 - Jan 24 by jaykay

still got to go along way to reach 1.73 euros
still that was in the good old days when we 5th in the premiership

I just looked that up, I never realised it was ever that high - amazing! I remember being in The Dam around 2010 and it was almost 1 to 1.

I also remember UK - US being 2.08 around 2009 around the same time as that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 15:35 - Jan 24 with 1214 viewsKieran_Knows

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 15:32 - Jan 24 by Lord_Lucan

I just looked that up, I never realised it was ever that high - amazing! I remember being in The Dam around 2010 and it was almost 1 to 1.

I also remember UK - US being 2.08 around 2009 around the same time as that.

Yes, I went to New York in 08, 09 and 2010 and the pound to the dollar was great. Picked up so much stuff which was effectively half price. Good times.

Went to Orlando/Florida last year and barely got 1.3 dollar to the pound.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 15:36]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 16:36 - Jan 24 with 1169 viewsNo9

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 12:34 - Jan 24 by chicoazul

Seems to me like someone knows something and the deal is close.

Like the 250 companies the Dutch government are talking to about relocating from the UK to NL?
Login to get fewer ads

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 16:52 - Jan 24 with 1161 viewschicoazul

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 16:36 - Jan 24 by No9

Like the 250 companies the Dutch government are talking to about relocating from the UK to NL?

We'll have to see if that happens.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sterling hits highest level since November. on 20:41 - Jan 24 with 1108 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

Get back to me when it's reached it's highest level since 22 June 2016...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024