Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quaner and ? 11:36 - Jan 28 with 3903 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Think we looked much better with Quaner up front. Pacey, good in the air, etc. Looks the real deal. Keane was fairly quiet against a fairly poor Villa back 4. Who can step up and play along side Quaner? Personally I would like to see Morris given a chance there.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 11:36]

Gus Uhlenbeek

Quaner and ? on 11:49 - Jan 28 with 3860 viewsHerbivore

Now isn't the time to play a kid who couldn't get a game at Forest Green. I'd be tempted to stick Freddie up top, he's looked a threat under Lambert and alongside a big unit like Quaner he could flourish. We could certainly turn teams with Sears and Quaner up top.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quaner and ? on 11:51 - Jan 28 with 3851 viewsMalcolmBlue

Quaner and ? on 11:49 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

Now isn't the time to play a kid who couldn't get a game at Forest Green. I'd be tempted to stick Freddie up top, he's looked a threat under Lambert and alongside a big unit like Quaner he could flourish. We could certainly turn teams with Sears and Quaner up top.

I agree, would be nice to see two up top again - we really need to forego three in midfield it's just not getting us results. Quaner and Sears would be a good partnership imo

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Quaner and ? on 11:55 - Jan 28 with 3838 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Quaner and ? on 11:51 - Jan 28 by MalcolmBlue

I agree, would be nice to see two up top again - we really need to forego three in midfield it's just not getting us results. Quaner and Sears would be a good partnership imo

True. Sears could/should thrive off Quaner. I wonder if Harrison might be given another chance as he might be better with Quaner alongside

Gus Uhlenbeek

Could work that... on 12:14 - Jan 28 with 3758 viewsHarry_Palmer

Quaner and ? on 11:49 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

Time for the diamond maybe?

------------------------Bart----------------------------

Penn----Chambo--------Collins---------Kenlock

------------------------Skuse--------------------------

---------Bishop--------------------Downes---------

------------------------Judge--------------------------

-------------Quaner--------Sears--------------------

My only problem with this is the Downes position for which we don't seem to have
an obvious fit and the full backs. The system really needs attacking full backs to work properly, and we don't really have them.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 12:20]
Could work that... on 12:30 - Jan 28 with 3711 viewsPJH

Could work that... on 12:14 - Jan 28 by Harry_Palmer

My only problem with this is the Downes position for which we don't seem to have
an obvious fit and the full backs. The system really needs attacking full backs to work properly, and we don't really have them.

I like that line up as an attacking unit but not too sure about it defensively.
I am not convinced that Bart is our least suspect keeper this year and in my opinion Kenlock is the third best LB that we currently have on our books.
I also think that Chalobah probably deserves to be in any starting line up at the moment but there is nowhere to put him in that one.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 12:32]
Could work that... on 12:32 - Jan 28 with 3698 viewsHerbivore

Could work that... on 12:14 - Jan 28 by Harry_Palmer

In terms of our midfield and forward options I think the diamond suits us well. Like you though I don't think the full backs are good enough for it to really work. I'd be tempted to try though, Judge basically gets free rein and two up top should give us more threat.

Could work that... on 13:03 - Jan 28 with 3629 viewsKeaneish

Could work that... on 12:30 - Jan 28 by PJH

I am not convinced that Bart is our least suspect keeper this year and in my opinion Kenlock is the third best LB that we currently have on our books.
I also think that Chalobah probably deserves to be in any starting line up at the moment but there is nowhere to put him in that one.

Bart spilt a few early on Saturday but grew into the gam with some good catches and great saves. I'm hoping this is the turning point for him.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Could work that... on 13:07 - Jan 28 with 3612 viewsPJH

Could work that... on 13:03 - Jan 28 by Keaneish

Bart spilt a few early on Saturday but grew into the gam with some good catches and great saves. I'm hoping this is the turning point for him.

As I said on another thread yesterday it was a strange game for Bart because there was a mixture of the sort of saves that he had been making for the previous two and a half seasons and the ball bouncing off his chest and pushing the ball into dangerous areas that has been a feature of this seasons Bart.
I am also hoping that he would have gained a little bit of confidence and that it is a turning point for him but the number of times that the ball came back off him is still a huge worry.
Login to get fewer ads

Could work that... on 13:10 - Jan 28 with 3595 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Could work that... on 12:32 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

In terms of our midfield and forward options I think the diamond suits us well. Like you though I don't think the full backs are good enough for it to really work. I'd be tempted to try though, Judge basically gets free rein and two up top should give us more threat.

Diamond or 3-5-2?
Bart
Chambers Collins N’siala
Pennington Kenlock

Skuse
Bishop. Judge

Quaner. Sears

Pennington actually played well on the right pushed forward v Villa and I think he would be a good wing back

Gus Uhlenbeek

Could work that... on 13:18 - Jan 28 with 3565 viewsHerbivore

Could work that... on 13:10 - Jan 28 by ShropshireBluenago09

Diamond or 3-5-2?
Bart
Chambers Collins N’siala
Pennington Kenlock

Skuse
Bishop. Judge

Quaner. Sears

Pennington actually played well on the right pushed forward v Villa and I think he would be a good wing back

You can't play a 3-5-2 with three cloggers at CB and wing backs who aren't really an attacking threat. Pennington is primarily a CB and he lacks pace and quality on the ball, can't see him as a wing back at all.

Could work that... on 13:21 - Jan 28 with 3555 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Could work that... on 13:18 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

You can't play a 3-5-2 with three cloggers at CB and wing backs who aren't really an attacking threat. Pennington is primarily a CB and he lacks pace and quality on the ball, can't see him as a wing back at all.

Pennington got up and down v Villa and has good positional awareness. N’siala would add a bit of pace to the defence

Gus Uhlenbeek

Quaner and ? on 13:28 - Jan 28 with 3525 viewsLeagueOne

Yeah we've been incredible up front since he arrived.....Not. He's not looked any better than what we had, hence why we are still losing games and failing to score.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Quaner and ? on 13:36 - Jan 28 with 3503 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Quaner and ? on 13:28 - Jan 28 by LeagueOne

Yeah we've been incredible up front since he arrived.....Not. He's not looked any better than what we had, hence why we are still losing games and failing to score.

Best we have at the moment

Gus Uhlenbeek

Could work that... on 13:42 - Jan 28 with 3481 viewsHerbivore

Could work that... on 13:21 - Jan 28 by ShropshireBluenago09

Pennington got up and down v Villa and has good positional awareness. N’siala would add a bit of pace to the defence

He offered no real threat against Villa. He's never a wing back in a million years.

Could work that... on 13:49 - Jan 28 with 3466 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Could work that... on 13:42 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

He offered no real threat against Villa. He's never a wing back in a million years.

He can get up and down,and did so against Villa, mainly second half. He doesn’t necessarily need to take on players, just provide width when attacking and drop when defending.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Could work that... on 14:04 - Jan 28 with 3435 viewshoppy

Could work that... on 12:30 - Jan 28 by PJH

Do you think we could just include Chalobah as well as those listed? I mean, quite a few teams we’ve faced this season seem to have got away with having 12 men on the pitch (if you include the ref).

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Could work that... on 14:11 - Jan 28 with 3414 viewsPJH

Could work that... on 14:04 - Jan 28 by hoppy

Do you think we could just include Chalobah as well as those listed? I mean, quite a few teams we’ve faced this season seem to have got away with having 12 men on the pitch (if you include the ref).

Could give it a try, perhaps sneak him onto the pitch just after kickoff.
Could work that... on 14:18 - Jan 28 with 3394 viewsHarry_Palmer

Could work that... on 13:49 - Jan 28 by ShropshireBluenago09

He can get up and down,and did so against Villa, mainly second half. He doesn’t necessarily need to take on players, just provide width when attacking and drop when defending.

Sorry but I'm with Herbivore on this, Pennington is a makeshift full back and really struggles to offer anything to the attack. He would be hopelessly ill equipped to play as a wing back.

( up-voted you in error, you can have that one as a bonus! )
Could work that... on 14:37 - Jan 28 with 3378 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Could work that... on 14:18 - Jan 28 by Harry_Palmer

Sorry but I'm with Herbivore on this, Pennington is a makeshift full back and really struggles to offer anything to the attack. He would be hopelessly ill equipped to play as a wing back.

( up-voted you in error, you can have that one as a bonus! )

Who would you rather have as a right wing back then? A decent ‘up and down’ wing back does not come cheap. Is Josh the answer?

Gus Uhlenbeek

Could work that... on 14:39 - Jan 28 with 3369 viewsHerbivore

Could work that... on 14:37 - Jan 28 by ShropshireBluenago09

Who would you rather have as a right wing back then? A decent ‘up and down’ wing back does not come cheap. Is Josh the answer?

Don't play wing backs is the solution.

Could work that... on 14:45 - Jan 28 with 3364 viewsKeaneish

Could work that... on 13:07 - Jan 28 by PJH

As I said on another thread yesterday it was a strange game for Bart because there was a mixture of the sort of saves that he had been making for the previous two and a half seasons and the ball bouncing off his chest and pushing the ball into dangerous areas that has been a feature of this seasons Bart.
I am also hoping that he would have gained a little bit of confidence and that it is a turning point for him but the number of times that the ball came back off him is still a huge worry.

Yeah i know. He seems a little slow to react too. Half a yard further in front and we could have conceded more. Saying that, he kept us in the game and neither goals were his fault. Given recent game so this, this is progress!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Could work that... on 16:20 - Jan 28 with 3269 viewsHarry_Palmer

Could work that... on 14:37 - Jan 28 by ShropshireBluenago09

I don't think we have anybody in the squad that could play that role effectively so I wouldn't play 3-5-2 currently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024