Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F A cup should be renamed 21:16 - Jan 28 with 1334 viewssundaze

The Farcical Cup. Games played at various times from Friday through to Monday evening. Clubs mostly not fielding anything like a full strength side, but the random use of VAR is the biggest farce.

How can it be okay to use it in some ties, but not in others? It is like saying some ties don't need referee's assistants.

The F A have ruined the cup, at least Town have the right idea, get out of it ASAP.
F A cup should be renamed on 21:17 - Jan 28 with 1324 viewswkj

Im sure there are plans to drop the F A part, and just call it "Something else with Emirates on it cup"

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

F A cup should be renamed on 21:18 - Jan 28 with 1314 viewsReuser_is_God

Totally agree, it’s become a joke.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

F A cup should be renamed on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 1313 viewsIllinoisblue

it has been ruined, no doubt, but at least with the 5th round draw it gives some smaller clubs a great chance to progress.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

F A cup should be renamed on 23:29 - Jan 28 with 1232 viewsMelford

I agree with your last two points, why are the likes of Bournemouth and Leicester putting out a second string team? They're not going to go down or near that scrap, they're not in European competition so they're only going to play the basic 38 game season anyway.
The VAR thing is a farce, the Millwall handball goal that couldn't be checked. It's got to be all or nothing, have it for every game or have it for none. You can't have one team mugged off by a bad decision and going out in one game and another team getting a shocker against them and it being turned over and the goal/penalty is chalked off.

But I love the games being spaced out over the whole weekend, it means you can watch loads of games live. There's been a few really good games this weekend.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

F A cup should be renamed on 11:58 - Jan 29 with 1133 viewssundaze

F A cup should be renamed on 23:29 - Jan 28 by Melford

I agree with your last two points, why are the likes of Bournemouth and Leicester putting out a second string team? They're not going to go down or near that scrap, they're not in European competition so they're only going to play the basic 38 game season anyway.
The VAR thing is a farce, the Millwall handball goal that couldn't be checked. It's got to be all or nothing, have it for every game or have it for none. You can't have one team mugged off by a bad decision and going out in one game and another team getting a shocker against them and it being turned over and the goal/penalty is chalked off.

But I love the games being spaced out over the whole weekend, it means you can watch loads of games live. There's been a few really good games this weekend.

It's getting the balance right with so many Weekend games. Fans wanting to travel to away games on Friday evening or Monday evening are going to be taking time off work if they have a long distance game.
This last round was fine, Brentford only had to travel across town and the Man Utd supporters had a local game at Arsenal, most of them not having to travel at all.

After the next round there are only going to be two big clubs left in the cup draw and if they meet before the final, someone else has a fantastic chance to get to a Wembley F A cup final. Wolves and Watford have to go for it, they may never have a better chance.
F A cup should be renamed on 12:00 - Jan 29 with 1131 viewschicoazul

I have a theory that it is because Managers at those sized clubs are on a substantial bonus based on league position but dont get anything for cups. So a difference of position between 13th and 8th could be worth £hundreds of thousands hence them always reserving their best teams for the league.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

F A cup should be renamed on 12:02 - Jan 29 with 1126 viewsNo9

F A cup should be renamed on 21:18 - Jan 28 by Reuser_is_God

Totally agree, it’s become a joke.

Has not been fit for purpose for a very long time
F A cup should be renamed on 12:03 - Jan 29 with 1126 viewssundaze

F A cup should be renamed on 12:00 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

I have a theory that it is because Managers at those sized clubs are on a substantial bonus based on league position but dont get anything for cups. So a difference of position between 13th and 8th could be worth £hundreds of thousands hence them always reserving their best teams for the league.

That's a decent shout, it could also apply to the players, it could explain West Ham's performance the other evening.
Login to get fewer ads

F A cup should be renamed on 12:05 - Jan 29 with 1115 viewsBloomBlue

The VAR point is spot-on. The rumour is they wanted to test in a few Prem games but the Premier League refused because it was unfair if it was used in some and not others (which I agree with) but were happy for testing in FA Cup.games. in other words they couldn't care less about the FA Cup.
F A cup should be renamed on 12:06 - Jan 29 with 1114 viewsKieran_Knows

Totally agree, and it absolutely boils my p*ss when managers from top 6 clubs in the Prem claim its more important to get Top 4 for Champions League qualification than it is to win a trophy. Everything that is wrong with football, pathetic.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024