Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. 10:11 - Jan 30 with 2687 viewsSuperfrans

Anyone else there?

Genuinely came away feeling we're in good hands. Great to hear so much positivity from the floor too.

Chatham House rules, so it was agreed not to share the details, but they clearly are very committed to club for the long-term, genuinely appreciate the fans (I think Lambert is genuinely a bit taken aback - he said he was concerned about the reception he might get from fans given his NCFC history. No problems there.

Of course, I'm sure there will be people saying, "why the positivity, we're bottom of the table". But we are where we are, for me it's all about doing what we can this season, but if it goes wrong it's about building back for next season. And we have the right people in charge, imho.

Did anyone else go?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:19 - Jan 30 with 2621 viewsBluebell

I wonder why you are not allowed to share it with other people.

Some of us would love to go to these meetings but because of work commitments, distance and family can't get there but I'm still interested in what they have to say.
Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:23 - Jan 30 with 2598 viewslinhdi

I agree, it was fascinating, especially the insight into the close relationship between Evans, Lambert and O'Neill.

Great turnout as well, over 80 fans, and so me really good questions.

Btw, it was an ITFC event, not Supporters Club, though Steve Doe from the OSC was there!
Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:26 - Jan 30 with 2587 viewsitfcjoe

I've spoken to a couple of mates who went and was told the same.

Posted this on another thread, but worth a listen if you get the chance

Everything is still on the table by itfcjoe 30 Jan 2019 9:31
Forgive the Norwich connections, but this is really interesting on Lambert - they talk about him extensively from about 33 minutes in

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-g55yt-57b49b2

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:32 - Jan 30 with 2545 viewsGuthrum

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:19 - Jan 30 by Bluebell

I wonder why you are not allowed to share it with other people.

Some of us would love to go to these meetings but because of work commitments, distance and family can't get there but I'm still interested in what they have to say.

It does allow people to speak with more freedom, knowing it won't be reported anywhere.

It would be nice if similar events could be held further afield (e.g. the South West, or up North, where Town also have significant numbers of fans), tho can understand the difficulty of committing the travel time for the Manager and other senior staff.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:34 - Jan 30 with 2535 viewsSteve_M

Yes, I was there.

Agreed, it's easy to see how Lambert motivates players and the relationship between him Taylor and Gill was clearly a strong one.

I liked a lot of what Lee O'Neill had to say too, it does suggest a more joined up approach off the pitch at long last (although not before Hurst could wreck things in the Summer). The renewed focus on community work is also very welcome.

If Lambert is still here in August - and despite all the positive noises I won't be convinced until it has happened - then I think we can be optimistic about building something more sustainable next season regardless of division.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:44 - Jan 30 with 2345 viewsSuperfrans

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:34 - Jan 30 by Steve_M

Yes, I was there.

Agreed, it's easy to see how Lambert motivates players and the relationship between him Taylor and Gill was clearly a strong one.

I liked a lot of what Lee O'Neill had to say too, it does suggest a more joined up approach off the pitch at long last (although not before Hurst could wreck things in the Summer). The renewed focus on community work is also very welcome.

If Lambert is still here in August - and despite all the positive noises I won't be convinced until it has happened - then I think we can be optimistic about building something more sustainable next season regardless of division.

Ah shame. It would have been good to say hi.

O'Neill is very impressive. He was good a couple of years ago too. Very articulate, a long-term club man and obviously now Evans' right hand man in the club. He's a big upgrade on Milne, if that's ultimately what happens (which I would expect).

I came away feeling that they would all definitely be here next season and beyond. Gilly has clearly left a secure job at Norwich to come here, and they all talked about strategies over 3/4 years, not even just this season and next. Lambert also suggested that he had assurances from Evans that ALL of them would stay - every link in the chain, I think he said.

Plus, the only reason I can imagine them leaving is if Evans suddenly stopped backing them - and they all had good things to say about him. When asked for the biggest positives, they all said the fans and the youngsters - but Taylor added (totally unprompted) the owner.

It didn't feel at all like short term, audience pleasing BS. It felt like genuine commitment and excitement at what could be achieved at the club.

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:51 - Jan 30 with 2316 viewsHarry_Palmer

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:44 - Jan 30 by Superfrans

O'Neill is very impressive. He was good a couple of years ago too. Very articulate, a long-term club man and obviously now Evans' right hand man in the club. He's a big upgrade on Milne, if that's ultimately what happens (which I would expect).

I came away feeling that they would all definitely be here next season and beyond. Gilly has clearly left a secure job at Norwich to come here, and they all talked about strategies over 3/4 years, not even just this season and next. Lambert also suggested that he had assurances from Evans that ALL of them would stay - every link in the chain, I think he said.

Plus, the only reason I can imagine them leaving is if Evans suddenly stopped backing them - and they all had good things to say about him. When asked for the biggest positives, they all said the fans and the youngsters - but Taylor added (totally unprompted) the owner.

It didn't feel at all like short term, audience pleasing BS. It felt like genuine commitment and excitement at what could be achieved at the club.

Good to hear. I think we are finally getting the structure right within the football club to move us forward, I particularly hope that the scouting network is developed and we can start to bring in some European gems like our friends up the road ( although relegation would make that more difficult).

I certainly have renewed confidence that even if we do go down, better days are ahead for the club.
Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:56 - Jan 30 with 2292 viewsSuperfrans

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:51 - Jan 30 by Harry_Palmer

Good to hear. I think we are finally getting the structure right within the football club to move us forward, I particularly hope that the scouting network is developed and we can start to bring in some European gems like our friends up the road ( although relegation would make that more difficult).

I certainly have renewed confidence that even if we do go down, better days are ahead for the club.

The specifically discussed scouting and said it was something they wanted to expand, including overseas...

Login to get fewer ads

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:58 - Jan 30 with 2276 viewschicoazul

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:34 - Jan 30 by Steve_M

Yes, I was there.

Forgive my ignorance but who is "Gill"?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:59 - Jan 30 with 2268 viewsKieran_Knows

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:58 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Forgive my ignorance but who is "Gill"?

Matt Gill - first team coach.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 12:00 - Jan 30 with 2263 viewschicoazul

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:59 - Jan 30 by Kieran_Knows

Matt Gill - first team coach.

Thank you brother.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 13:43 - Jan 30 with 2057 viewsSteve_M

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 11:44 - Jan 30 by Superfrans

I'll shout in advance next time I go to one of these.

I'm certainly sure that PL staying is the current intention, just that there are a few things that could go wrong. That there was an openness to suggest we've cut things back too much was encouraging too.

I agree on your last paragraph, this is medium-term project and I really liked the talk of building an identity - on and off the pitch.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 13:50 - Jan 30 with 2037 viewsSuperfrans

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 12:00 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Thank you brother.

"Gilly".

Chatted with him at half time and he seemed a really decent bloke. Self confessed journeyman pro, he said at one point that he had 11 different addresses in 17 years as he traipsed from club-to-club. And Lambert said he had to release him as a player, while manager at NCFC.

Says a lot about a person that they can remain on decent terms with someone who you might have to do that to.

on 13:59 - Jan 30 with 1998 views_

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 10:26 - Jan 30 by itfcjoe

I've spoken to a couple of mates who went and was told the same.

Posted this on another thread, but worth a listen if you get the chance

Everything is still on the table by itfcjoe 30 Jan 2019 9:31
Forgive the Norwich connections, but this is really interesting on Lambert - they talk about him extensively from about 33 minutes in

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-g55yt-57b49b2

Excellent Supporters Club meeting in London last night. on 14:05 - Jan 30 with 1977 viewsCarlosfan

Well said. I thought the team came across well and were happy to engage with their audience. Great evening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024