Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Chambers return? 10:56 - Feb 23 with 865 viewsunstableblue

I like Chambers and I think he is trying to adapt to our improved style under Lambert, and he believes he can as per article below. But apart from the Knudsen/Bart error I think our current central defenders are well suited to the style. But clearly Collins is another level and should come in.

Thoughts??

Town have been good in the last few games - tired against Stoke, but definitely NOT a terrible performance.

Would be nice to get the win and performance at Wigan and take it into Reading.

EADT Article
–––––––––- Chambers believes Town’s more direct style of play under former boss Mick McCarthy means supporters have not seen his true ability in possession, with the skipper insisting he is comfortable with what he is being asked to do by his new boss.

“From day one he has made it clear how he wants us to play, to play out from the back more than we have done in the past — and with purpose,” Chambers wrote in his column for the matchday programme.

“He said to me when he first came in that he didn’t know what sort of player I was and whether I could play the way he is asking us to play but I have always adapted to every manager I have worked with — and I have always been decent wit the

“People haven’t seen that here maybe because of the way we have played over the last few years. It was more about knocking the ball longer because we weren’t set up to play out from the back.

“In the past when I had the ball, I didn’t have three or four option in front of me. I didn’t get the ball and automatically know where my team-mates were so if you do try and pass in that situation you can put your team-mates in it. That’s not me.

“The gaffer has come in and shown us how to play in a way we have not seen here before. He has given us the confidence to play.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Should Chambers return? on 11:10 - Feb 23 with 834 viewsMrTown

I personally would, and if Collins was fit likewise would slot in alongside him. As another poster mentioned it could be too soon for Collins though.

If so would make it a fairly simple decision for me. Chambers in for Kenlock, and move Knudsen across to LB leaving Chambo and Penno combo at the centre.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Should Chambers return? on 11:17 - Feb 23 with 814 viewsunstableblue

Should Chambers return? on 11:10 - Feb 23 by MrTown

I personally would, and if Collins was fit likewise would slot in alongside him. As another poster mentioned it could be too soon for Collins though.

If so would make it a fairly simple decision for me. Chambers in for Kenlock, and move Knudsen across to LB leaving Chambo and Penno combo at the centre.

Agree.

I actually think Kenlock had a much improved second half against Stoke. After a poor first half performance. Knudsen is error prone at full back and poor going forward and in posession (this season) - but still probably the better bet than Kenlock. Also his head seems to be in the right place as well.

Bree and the right hand side will probably become more of an attacking outlet; with Bishop on that side; and perhaps Edwards later - who was very good when he came on against Stoke.

Should Chambers return? on 11:24 - Feb 23 with 795 viewsDarth_Koont

Collins should start if fit.
Pairing with Chambers if also fit although that's more for his captain's role as I think Pennington at right centre back has looked slightly better.
Knudsen should be LB.
Bree should continue at RB.

IMO that's building our most effective defensive unit that also lets the midfield push forward.

Pronouns: He/Him

Should Chambers return? on 11:32 - Feb 23 with 773 viewsunstableblue

Should Chambers return? on 11:24 - Feb 23 by Darth_Koont

Collins should start if fit.
Pairing with Chambers if also fit although that's more for his captain's role as I think Pennington at right centre back has looked slightly better.
Knudsen should be LB.
Bree should continue at RB.

IMO that's building our most effective defensive unit that also lets the midfield push forward.

Pennington does look good in the right hand berth

Should Chambers return? on 13:18 - Feb 23 with 658 viewsbraveblue

No.
Should Chambers return? on 13:45 - Feb 23 with 623 viewsblueislander

Should Chambers return? on 13:18 - Feb 23 by braveblue

No.

I am surprised that people don't see that the distribution of Chambers and Knudsen is very poor.
Should Chambers return? on 13:56 - Feb 23 with 601 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should Chambers return? on 11:32 - Feb 23 by unstableblue

Pennington does look good in the right hand berth

That's the trouble with Chambo coming in and moving Knudsen to LB. It's not one change, it's actually three. I think we need Chambo, but Pennington next to Knudsen doesn't work for me at all. Pennington hasn't got the positional awareness on that side when Knudsen gets forward and it leaves us horribly exposed at times.

I'd actually leave it as is, although suspect Chambo will come back in as he is important to us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024