Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No meaningful vote next week then 13:14 - Feb 24 with 4390 viewsZedRodgers

No rush lads. Take your time.

No, not at the moment

No meaningful vote next week then on 19:41 - Feb 24 with 1149 viewsZedRodgers

No meaningful vote next week then on 19:08 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

FFS. Have a day off Zed. It's been a lovely day today. Glorious sunshine.

I know, I’ve been in the garden all day.

Certainly not chador weather.

No, not at the moment

No meaningful vote next week then on 20:01 - Feb 24 with 1128 viewsHARRY10

No meaningful vote next week then on 16:47 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

Yes I agree obout politics being in the way,but after the referendum there should not have been any more arguments over leave or stay! They had been given a mandate to as they say ‘get on with it’!There is a deal but if you put a pro EU civil servant in charge of the negotiations then it is no surprise that it is a controversial deal at best.
I will stick by my point about the total lack of cross party cooperation to get a deal but they can get together to try and stop it!

After the referendum a different PM, a different government and a different Parliament were given the resukt of an advisory vote.

There was no mandate, and with a representative democracy there could not be. What we are seeing now lies and delusion meeting reality head on.

And the idea of there being a " cross party cooperation to get a deal "is as absurd as stating that a murder trial should see cross court court cooperation to get a guilty verdict !

So get over it, brexit is not going to happen, and never was.
No meaningful vote next week then on 20:12 - Feb 24 with 1114 viewsbluejacko

No meaningful vote next week then on 20:01 - Feb 24 by HARRY10

After the referendum a different PM, a different government and a different Parliament were given the resukt of an advisory vote.

There was no mandate, and with a representative democracy there could not be. What we are seeing now lies and delusion meeting reality head on.

And the idea of there being a " cross party cooperation to get a deal "is as absurd as stating that a murder trial should see cross court court cooperation to get a guilty verdict !

So get over it, brexit is not going to happen, and never was.

The mandate was given by a vote of 6 to 1 in parliament!that is when it should have all come together.
As for it’s not going to happen care to share your sources or is it just more wishful thinking on your part?
No meaningful vote next week then on 20:26 - Feb 24 with 1100 viewsHARRY10

No meaningful vote next week then on 20:12 - Feb 24 by bluejacko

The mandate was given by a vote of 6 to 1 in parliament!that is when it should have all come together.
As for it’s not going to happen care to share your sources or is it just more wishful thinking on your part?

No. That was not a mandate. Merely a confirmation that the decision was one to be made in Parliament.

That's why there is now a meaningful vote. Why the 'deal was voted down and why Parliament has the option to extend the Art 50 notice.

It was (and is) notgoing to happen on the simple basis that it has to be one of the most stupidis ideas to be thought of since Baldrick last had a 'cunning plan'. Even the gobshytes wh originally spun the lies about 'sunny uplands' have long since stopped talking about such nonsense.

And if you can't quite grasp why May has been stretching this out, and what the amendments to the final deal entail then more fool you. And I no more need a 'source' than I need a 'source' to tell me that we are not going to finish in the top half of the table this year.
No meaningful vote next week then on 21:03 - Feb 24 with 1075 viewsGlasgowBlue

No meaningful vote next week then on 19:41 - Feb 24 by ZedRodgers

I know, I’ve been in the garden all day.

Certainly not chador weather.

How is the weather in San Sebastian this time of the year?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No meaningful vote next week then on 23:14 - Feb 24 with 1032 viewsSwansea_Blue

No meaningful vote next week then on 15:44 - Feb 24 by No9

Not sure why you want no deal so I keep asking what your business / employment is to try & understand what masochism is behind your thinking
Please help - be honest now

I doubt you’ll get a genuine answer.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No meaningful vote next week then on 23:36 - Feb 24 with 1027 viewsZedRodgers

No meaningful vote next week then on 14:17 - Feb 24 by Championship

Or closer to MPs taking control, extending article 50, the UK having MEP elections and Brexit beginning to die.

I think the extension (at the very least) of Article 50 is inevitable now. Those with a lot more understanding of the reality of what would need to happen in those 17 days to pass £39b worth of amendable motions seem to be suggesting it’s impossible. She may have now passed the tipping point between no deal black mail and not leaving enough time to actually get it done.

Also a lot of rumours flying around that one of May’s current plans is to extend it too.

I’m sure the ERG and the no deal nutters will be pleased.

No, not at the moment

No meaningful vote next week then on 11:57 - Feb 25 with 966 viewsitfcjoe

No meaningful vote next week then on 23:36 - Feb 24 by ZedRodgers

I think the extension (at the very least) of Article 50 is inevitable now. Those with a lot more understanding of the reality of what would need to happen in those 17 days to pass £39b worth of amendable motions seem to be suggesting it’s impossible. She may have now passed the tipping point between no deal black mail and not leaving enough time to actually get it done.

Also a lot of rumours flying around that one of May’s current plans is to extend it too.

I’m sure the ERG and the no deal nutters will be pleased.

Woukld have been interested to see had we taken a different approach to negotiations - was listening to an economist who felt if we truly wanted to both leave and get best deal that as soon as Article 50 went in we shoul d have focussed on a No Deal exit.

He felt at that point we'd be both better prepared for one, and that it would then be the EU chasing us for a deal - now it's too late to properly prepare and the EU are totally on top of negotiations.

Found it quite an interesting view, and makes more sense than what we are doing.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024