Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... 20:27 - Feb 24 with 1744 viewsthebooks

...which plumbs new depths of patheticness.
Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 20:29 - Feb 24 with 1730 viewsCarlosfan

I think he will claim “lost in translation”.
Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 21:00 - Feb 24 with 1647 viewsBlueBadger

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 20:29 - Feb 24 by Carlosfan

I think he will claim “lost in translation”.

With an outside chance of 'just bantz'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 23:21 - Feb 24 with 1455 viewsMrTown

Top manager, needs time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 09:52 - Feb 25 with 1290 viewsJohnny_Boy

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 23:21 - Feb 24 by MrTown

Top manager, needs time.

But is he a top manager though?
That can be debated.

For a 60yo experienced manager, with 19 clubs under his proverbial belt, he's never actually won a major trophy or top flight competition.

He really made his name for getting teams promoted to Serie A on a shoestring.

Yes, he won acclaim & plaudits for his attacking style with Napoli - but won nothing.
Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 10:20 - Feb 25 with 1251 viewsWickets

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 09:52 - Feb 25 by Johnny_Boy

That can be debated.

For a 60yo experienced manager, with 19 clubs under his proverbial belt, he's never actually won a major trophy or top flight competition.

Yes, he won acclaim & plaudits for his attacking style with Napoli - but won nothing.

We ought to sign him up then !
Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 10:29 - Feb 25 with 1238 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 09:52 - Feb 25 by Johnny_Boy

That can be debated.

That’s a fair challenge - although worth noting that Napoli were up against a Goliath in Juventus

Under normal circumstances I would tend to agree he should be given time - he has a better record at Chelsea than Guardiola did in his first season at Man City, and there was always going to be a bedding in period for his style

However, it’s been clear for a while now that players aren’t buying into his methods, the fan base having turned and with Chelsea now looking to have a transfer ban upcoming (expect it will be delayed by a window) it probably is best for all involved to move on, as it’s difficult to see him ever being able to recover from where they are now

A sad indictment of modern football, unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 10:43 - Feb 25 with 1209 viewsJohnny_Boy

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 10:29 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s a fair challenge - although worth noting that Napoli were up against a Goliath in Juventus

Under normal circumstances I would tend to agree he should be given time - he has a better record at Chelsea than Guardiola did in his first season at Man City, and there was always going to be a bedding in period for his style

However, it’s been clear for a while now that players aren’t buying into his methods, the fan base having turned and with Chelsea now looking to have a transfer ban upcoming (expect it will be delayed by a window) it probably is best for all involved to move on, as it’s difficult to see him ever being able to recover from where they are now

A sad indictment of modern football, unfortunately

I've lost count the number of managers Chelsea have appointed & sacked - with the sole purpose of 'resurfacing' the squad. Moving the old guard on & integrating younger blood - whilst also using the Youth Squad.

And every time player power has played a part to effectively jettison the manager out of the club.
Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 11:26 - Feb 25 with 1139 viewsButterbing

Arrizabalaga has now stated he was just trying to waste time and wasn't injured. He is essentially admitting cheating. I'm glad they lost.
Login to get fewer ads

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 18:38 - Feb 25 with 1030 viewsWickets

Sarri's just tried to smooth all that over... on 11:26 - Feb 25 by Butterbing

Arrizabalaga has now stated he was just trying to waste time and wasn't injured. He is essentially admitting cheating. I'm glad they lost.

Yup i thought the same, will he face a charge ? doubt it !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024