Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. 12:13 - Mar 13 with 1685 viewshomer_123

Just a small point of order really.

Deals have already been done to ensure planes still fly in respective air spaces, this is merely one simple example of the numerous deals that have already taken place with the EU.

I guess I'm being slightly pedantic but I do wish there was a much more coherent messaging and understanding. We won't leave the EU with No Deal is we leave on the 29th without May's deal.

In the wider scheme of things I guess it's a small point but I feel it's significant.

Anyway, Malthouse B or Z then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 12:15 - Mar 13 with 1672 viewsNo9

Some of the stuff released today about the new tariff structure suggest the government is trying to whip up ant UK sentiment in the EU & Ireland in particular

It depends what you mean by a deal / no deal?
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 12:53 - Mar 13 with 1627 viewsSuperfrans

That's like saying that an "out of contract" player isn't actually "out of contract", because he has a car rental contract.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 12:57 - Mar 13 with 1613 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not really. Leaving without a deal or leaving with a deal. Nothing in the middle, no transitional period if we leave without a deal. If we leave without a deal with the EU on 29th March, that's exactly what is is. There's a whole lot of stuff going on to try and make sure that some of the things that need to happen can still happen, but we still won't have a deal with the EU.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:09 - Mar 13 with 1534 viewsNo9

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 12:57 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Not really. Leaving without a deal or leaving with a deal. Nothing in the middle, no transitional period if we leave without a deal. If we leave without a deal with the EU on 29th March, that's exactly what is is. There's a whole lot of stuff going on to try and make sure that some of the things that need to happen can still happen, but we still won't have a deal with the EU.

And no deal with the WTO as the Uk's current WTO trading status is as a member of the EU.
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:22 - Mar 13 with 1521 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It's called WTO terms, isn't it?
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:31 - Mar 13 with 1496 viewsgordon

Coherent messaging and understanding would have come in handy in 2016 too!
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:37 - Mar 13 with 1484 viewsNo9

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:09 - Mar 13 by No9

And no deal with the WTO as the Uk's current WTO trading status is as a member of the EU.

WTO is a member club -
Applicants have to set out under wnat T's & C's thay want to trade = terms
UK wishes to join & have the same trading T's & C's as is in place as a member of the EU = preferred nation status
A number of WTO member s have already raised objections -
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:53 - Mar 13 with 1461 viewsLord_Lucan

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:09 - Mar 13 by No9

UK is already a member without the EU

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:56 - Mar 13 with 1452 viewsjeera

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:53 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, it's pretty much a default position isn't it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 15:28 - Mar 13 with 1415 viewsLord_Lucan

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 14:56 - Mar 13 by jeera

Yes, it's pretty much a default position isn't it.

Yes, we are a member in our own right. There are likely to be a few objections from some countries about certain tariffs but I admit I don't know fully what these are or may be - a bit like most people if they were to be honest.

Quite frankly I've had enough of discussing Brexit as all the pudding heads (both sides) look at everything in a straight line - usually with blurred vision. I think I'll give up on the subject to be honest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 15:45 - Mar 13 with 1395 viewsjeera

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 15:28 - Mar 13 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, we are a member in our own right. There are likely to be a few objections from some countries about certain tariffs but I admit I don't know fully what these are or may be - a bit like most people if they were to be honest.

Quite frankly I've had enough of discussing Brexit as all the pudding heads (both sides) look at everything in a straight line - usually with blurred vision. I think I'll give up on the subject to be honest.

I've done a joint of pork in the slow cooker, so that's going to be my focus for the rest of the day.

I'm a simple kinda guy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 15:51 - Mar 13 with 1382 viewsLord_Lucan

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 15:45 - Mar 13 by jeera

I've done a joint of pork in the slow cooker, so that's going to be my focus for the rest of the day.

I'm a simple kinda guy.

I bought a nice slow cooked beef casserole with me for dinner tonight but I've just eaten it.

I'm a hungry kinda guy.

There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 16:01 - Mar 13 with 1374 viewsNo9

Not yet, they didn't make application to be a member until just before Christmas
There is no such thing as a 'No deal' Brexit. on 16:06 - Mar 13 with 1364 viewsNo9

Here is the status

https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news19_e/gpro_27feb19_e.htm

I had missed the 27/02
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024