Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
German Football 14:32 - Mar 19 with 1688 viewsPaphosBlue

I don't take much interest in the Champions League but was curious when three English clubs drew German sides in the last 16. I wondered how they would fare. Well obviously all three progressed and the result was P6 W5 D1 F17 A3. Pretty emphatic I would say and we now have four teams in the QF compared to one each for Italy, Holland, Portugal and Spain respectively. Proof if it was needed that the PL is the strongest league in Europe if not the World

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

German Football on 14:35 - Mar 19 with 1663 viewsPecker

The German league id usually weaker than the top flight in England. Obviously they have had great success in Europe, but not a sustained greatness. I would argue that the Spanish top flight is equal to the top flight here.
German Football on 14:40 - Mar 19 with 1647 viewsronnyd

The defending in the Bundersliga is a bit kamakazi at times to be fair.
German Football on 16:10 - Mar 19 with 1555 viewsSlambo

Personally, I take zero pride in the Premier Greed being the 'best league in the world'. It has the most money and is simply able to snaffle up the best talent from around the world. Besides, what's the metric..? In terms of competitiveness it's a joke, with the same cartel of clubs playing pass the parcel with all the major trophies every season (although this is an problem in pretty much every major European league - thank the Champions League for that); in terms of the matchday experience, the PL is lightyears behind, say, the Bundesliga, where you can pay 14 Euros to stand on a terrace, with a beer in your hand, and go nuts for 90 minutes without the threat of a steward dragging you out of the ground...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

German Football on 16:12 - Mar 19 with 1541 viewsSomethingBlue

Not good at all, is it — utterly unhealthy for the sport.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

German Football on 20:56 - Mar 19 with 1387 viewsIllinoisblue

I hope Barca win the champions league. Preferably after hammering the s5it out of Man City along the way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

German Football on 09:43 - Mar 20 with 1248 viewsrickw

English clubs have done well so far this season, but to say the EPL is the strongest is a bit of a short term view.
Spanish clubs have made up 7 of the last 10 finalists and winning all 5.
English teams have made 1 final appearance in the last 6 years...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

German Football on 09:46 - Mar 20 with 1239 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd still much prefer to watch Bundesliga football than the Prem.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

German Football on 10:29 - Mar 20 with 1190 viewsBloomBlue

German Football on 20:56 - Mar 19 by Illinoisblue

I hope Barca win the champions league. Preferably after hammering the s5it out of Man City along the way.

But that's one rich club beating another rich club, if you want it for the benefit of football then Ajax winning the CL would be better at least they've built the team on youngsters they developed?

PS. Obviously it's possible Ajax also pinched some of those youngsters from other Durch clubs.
Login to get fewer ads

German Football on 10:35 - Mar 20 with 1179 viewschicoazul

Anyone feel any pride about Man City winning 7-0 by chicoazul 13 Mar 2019 10:41
Hoping all the English teams do well in Europe is the most Tory opinion imaginable.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024