Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit 13:24 - Apr 7 with 14137 viewsDarth_Koont

For her, yes.

But what about the country?

Pronouns: He/Him

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 20:52 - Apr 7 with 3514 viewsDarth_Koont

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 20:49 - Apr 7 by Ryorry

Rubbish.

I'd never light a cig from em as I don't smoke.

They do make great firelighters for the woodburning stove tho ....

Talk about having money to burn ...

The 5 dollar bills are MUCH more economical.

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 20:55 - Apr 7 with 3504 viewsRyorry

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 20:52 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

Talk about having money to burn ...

The 5 dollar bills are MUCH more economical.

I'll bear that in mind in future, cheers

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:02 - Apr 7 with 3489 viewsFootballpete

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 14:54 - Apr 7 by backwaywhen

WTO trade deal , making our own laws , controlling immigration , not paying the EU billions every year , not being dictated to by Germany / France , France aside that is why we fought two world wars ...Hitler wanted to rule us back then and we stood our ground and won , that is what we should be doing right now ! ... Fu@k em.

I can’t wait to vote in the WTO elections and really take back control. Vote Wexit!

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:08 - Apr 7 with 3467 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 20:44 - Apr 7 by Ryorry

Do you not bother reading other posts on this same thread? I didn't post my list of benefits, because Nthsuffolkblue saved me the trouble -

"Environmental benefits.
Employment benefits.
ENHCR. (presumably a typo and meant UNHCR)
Visa-free travel.
Tariff-free trade.
No hard border with Ireland and hence no threat of IRA terrorism.
Economic stability.
Peace across the EU." (thanks Nthsuffolkblue!)

I'd have cited pretty much the same list, probably adding greater security to boot (physical, cyberspace).

Yes, ECHR, but either way many of those who are determined to leave see exiting the authority of it as a positive. What does that say? They do not want the vulnerable to have access to that sort of level of rights. Is that because they have fallen for the lies that it protects people like ISIS and hate preachers or is it because they actually don't want protection for minorities?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:14 - Apr 7 with 3456 viewsEwan_Oozami

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 20:04 - Apr 7 by BloomBlue

Well give me one benefit? You haven't and that tells me everything I need to know about you.

The problem is that those benefits are now so embedded in the activities and economies of most long-standing EU countries that while they can be listed (some have been listed on this thread already), their actual economic benefit is hard to measure. This doesn't mean the economic benefit doesn't exist, it's just that the costs of providing many EU-wide activities, and in-country activities are shared and so we (and other countries) do not bear the full costs of those activities. We could do all these things ourselves, but we would have to bear the full costs ourselves - which, might be covered by the money we won't be sending to the EU, but given the amount of money we've spent just to make Brexit even remotely possible, I wouldn't necessarily believe that is the case. Of course, that doesn't sound as exciting as "Taking back control", or the "Germans want to control us because we won the 2nd World War", etc.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:39 - Apr 7 with 3433 viewsNo9

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 14:54 - Apr 7 by backwaywhen

WTO trade deal , making our own laws , controlling immigration , not paying the EU billions every year , not being dictated to by Germany / France , France aside that is why we fought two world wars ...Hitler wanted to rule us back then and we stood our ground and won , that is what we should be doing right now ! ... Fu@k em.

I very much doubt you understand what the WTO club is nor what responsibilities membership brings ?
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:44 - Apr 7 with 3424 viewsNo9

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 14:41 - Apr 7 by BloomBlue

I've not seen one positive of being in the EU, it's up to those who want to stay in the EU to convince others to stay. The world is built on supply and demand, the cr$p we hear about about not being able to sell is a joke, fake news from remainers

From your post, supply & demand is somethign you do not understand.
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:44 - Apr 7 with 3422 viewsgazzer1999

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 13:55 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

I think that's the point though. There is no such thing as independence any more in trade and most other questions too. We'd leave the EU to then spend 10 years and many billions getting back to the current relationships with our major trading partners. And only our current relationships if we're very lucky.

There's such a huge gap in logic and reality there that you have to be stupid or a politician to be talking about no deal as a better option.

Well we will be able to keep the £20 billion a year we collect in tariffs from the rest of the world who are not in the eu, instead of handing it over to Brussels to squander. That is in addition to the 12 to 15 billion we also give them to save us from world wars, and our own politicians having to do the job they are paid to do.
Login to get fewer ads

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:48 - Apr 7 with 3410 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 16:59 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Aside from:

Environmental benefits.
Employment benefits.
ENHCR.
Visa-free travel.
Tariff-free trade.
No hard border with Ireland and hence no threat of IRA terrorism.
Economic stability.
Peace across the EU.

What did the Romans ever do for us? We were well rid of them too.

By-the-way Pickles, care to enlighten us all on the reason for the downvote?

Do you not accept these are benefits of belonging to the EU or do you not like the benefits?

Care to explain each one?

I also assume your username is in acknowledgement to this character. That says a lot about you or would you care to enlighten us that it isn't? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/james-pickles-judge-who-caused-con

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:55 - Apr 7 with 3396 viewsDarth_Koont

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:44 - Apr 7 by gazzer1999

Well we will be able to keep the £20 billion a year we collect in tariffs from the rest of the world who are not in the eu, instead of handing it over to Brussels to squander. That is in addition to the 12 to 15 billion we also give them to save us from world wars, and our own politicians having to do the job they are paid to do.

The tariff money of course goes into the shared pot that develops and strengthens our single market — and by far the biggest market for UK businesses.

But anyway it's academic. To get that 20 billion a year on WTO terms we'd need to apply the same tariffs on EU goods and absorb those extra costs on all imports. That's not going to happen as it would bring us to our knees.

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:33 - Apr 7 with 3367 viewsgazzer1999

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:55 - Apr 7 by Darth_Koont

The tariff money of course goes into the shared pot that develops and strengthens our single market — and by far the biggest market for UK businesses.

But anyway it's academic. To get that 20 billion a year on WTO terms we'd need to apply the same tariffs on EU goods and absorb those extra costs on all imports. That's not going to happen as it would bring us to our knees.

We could choose not to apply tariffs, which in turn would make goods cheaper for us all, which benefits the whole country.
Charles DeGaulle said when we wanted to join back in the late sixties the common market was not for Britain because we had the commonwealth, and joining would put up prices and decimate our agriculture and manufacturing. We still joined and he was proved correct.
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:39 - Apr 7 with 3355 viewsslump

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:33 - Apr 7 by gazzer1999

We could choose not to apply tariffs, which in turn would make goods cheaper for us all, which benefits the whole country.
Charles DeGaulle said when we wanted to join back in the late sixties the common market was not for Britain because we had the commonwealth, and joining would put up prices and decimate our agriculture and manufacturing. We still joined and he was proved correct.

Can you please explain this fixation on what was?

Assuming that you were around in the 70's what was it the was so great that you hark after it now?

I was and we are far more prosperous now than we've ever been generally and our children have choices that my parents never dreamed I would have.

And I'm not being told to light the candles on an evening....

Edit: Yes Town were 'kin ace!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 22:42]

UTT

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:43 - Apr 7 with 3344 viewsgazzer1999

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:39 - Apr 7 by slump

Assuming that you were around in the 70's what was it the was so great that you hark after it now?

I was and we are far more prosperous now than we've ever been generally and our children have choices that my parents never dreamed I would have.

Try telling all of that to Jeremy and his lot, every time they get a chance they tell us how bad this country is with poverty.
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:47 - Apr 7 with 3336 viewsslump

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:43 - Apr 7 by gazzer1999

Try telling all of that to Jeremy and his lot, every time they get a chance they tell us how bad this country is with poverty.

You didn't fancy answering the question then?

UTT

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:48 - Apr 7 with 3328 viewsgazzer1999

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:39 - Apr 7 by slump

Edit:Yes I was and yes they were.
No I don't hark after it, well maybe the hair.
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:51 - Apr 7 with 3311 viewsslump

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:48 - Apr 7 by gazzer1999

Edit:Yes I was and yes they were.
No I don't hark after it, well maybe the hair.

So you didn't fancy answering the question then?

UTT

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:54 - Apr 7 with 3299 viewsgazzer1999

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:51 - Apr 7 by slump

So you didn't fancy answering the question then?

Have you just pressed repeat?
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 23:09 - Apr 7 with 3284 viewsRyorry

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 21:08 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, ECHR, but either way many of those who are determined to leave see exiting the authority of it as a positive. What does that say? They do not want the vulnerable to have access to that sort of level of rights. Is that because they have fallen for the lies that it protects people like ISIS and hate preachers or is it because they actually don't want protection for minorities?

I think they're just completely unaware, incredibly uninformed or ill-informed tbh, as evidenced by some on this thread. I'd say many have simply stuck in the first entrenched position they took up 3 years ago, and haven't bothered to read or listen to anything or anyone who took a different position to theirs. Or if they did are too embarrassed to admit they got it wrong & have changed their minds! I get the impression a lot of sticking hands over ears while singing 'Land of Hope and Glory, la la' is going on!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 08:50 - Apr 8 with 3235 viewsNo9

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 22:33 - Apr 7 by gazzer1999

So not applying tariffs would work?
You think it would be better to bring in goods from all over the world to outprice British producers?
How many businesses would close, how many people would be put out of work?
Then the unemployed have no money to but foreign goods
Sounds like a wionderful recipe for disaster
So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 09:08 - Apr 8 with 3232 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 08:50 - Apr 8 by No9

So not applying tariffs would work?
You think it would be better to bring in goods from all over the world to outprice British producers?
How many businesses would close, how many people would be put out of work?
Then the unemployed have no money to but foreign goods
Sounds like a wionderful recipe for disaster

There is an argument for tariff-free trade and we should be able to sell on quality. It would mean an incredibly harsh re-adjustment to do it with so little notice. Additionally, the problem would be in lower income for the Government and, hence, the need for higher taxation elsewhere or austerity on a far harsher scale than this Government has been implementing to no positive effect for so long now.

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 10:54 - Apr 8 with 3205 viewsNo9

So Andrea Leadsom thinks a no deal is better than cancelling Brexit on 09:08 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is an argument for tariff-free trade and we should be able to sell on quality. It would mean an incredibly harsh re-adjustment to do it with so little notice. Additionally, the problem would be in lower income for the Government and, hence, the need for higher taxation elsewhere or austerity on a far harsher scale than this Government has been implementing to no positive effect for so long now.

& how do British companies make goods to sell, which may be subject to tariffs, when most of the materials & compnonents come from the EU.

None of this is considered by the brexiteers
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:36 - Apr 28 with 3027 viewsWeekender

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:37 - May 1 with 2961 viewsWeekender

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:48 - May 1 with 2925 viewsWeekender

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:56 - May 1 with 2916 viewsWeekender

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024