Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! 13:04 - Apr 17 with 25451 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Why do the tabloids and radio stations keep saying Ipswich got what they deserved for getting rid of over achiever MM ?

Do they not look at the Stats ? last 21 Games in charge hailed 15 points, yes we were safe but that and his gesture at Norwich away to our Fans should have seen him sacked there and then !

Nobody is happy with relegation and none (well not many) saw it coming ! It has, we move on, the club is bigger than any manager!

COYB

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:31 - Apr 18 with 4488 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:29 - Apr 18 by christiand

Just highlighting the trend in MM's managerial record towards the end of his stay with us, he did do a good job overall with what he had to work with, but things weren't getting better it was slowly getting worse. In fact, we won 1 game (vs. Barnsley) from his last 7 league games picking up 5 points that equates to 0.71 points per game which again shows a declining trend.

Overall, we were on a slippery slope even with MM in charge.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 13:31]

Although we picked up 3 points from his final 1 game, which suggests we were on the up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:32 - Apr 18 with 4483 viewschristiand

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:31 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Although we picked up 3 points from his final 1 game, which suggests we were on the up.

Hmmm or 4 defeats from the previous 6 games suggests otherwise?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:33 - Apr 18 with 4481 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:17 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I did think it was time for a change, yes. That doesn’t change the fact that McCarthy did a very good job here overall, which is the point we were actually discussing

You think MM did a good job at PR despite the fact his % win record was only just better than either RK or PJ Add to that MM's points record was not much better than 1.5 points per game that alone would have got him bagged from most other clubs
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:34 - Apr 18 with 4479 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:56 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Then why didn't he?

Because players of that calibre don't want to come to a team well adrift at the bottom of the Championship?

You don't think he tried to get better quality?

Are you turning on Lambert already Herbs? I had you down as one of the more sensible posters.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:36 - Apr 18 with 4476 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:33 - Apr 18 by No9

You think MM did a good job at PR despite the fact his % win record was only just better than either RK or PJ Add to that MM's points record was not much better than 1.5 points per game that alone would have got him bagged from most other clubs

3% isn’t ‘only just better’

He achieved 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons, with a budget in the lower third of the table, so yes I do think he did a good job

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:37 - Apr 18 with 4467 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:34 - Apr 18 by BrixtonBlue

Because players of that calibre don't want to come to a team well adrift at the bottom of the Championship?

Are you turning on Lambert already Herbs? I had you down as one of the more sensible posters.

Anyone that doesn’t share my view isn’t sensible...

Never change Dolly

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:38 - Apr 18 with 4464 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:32 - Apr 18 by christiand

Hmmm or 4 defeats from the previous 6 games suggests otherwise?

Depends which fixtures you want to cherry pick doesn't it?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:41 - Apr 18 with 4457 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:37 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone that doesn’t share my view isn’t sensible...

Never change Dolly

You think it's sensible to turn on Lambert this early into his tenure?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 13:42]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:42 - Apr 18 with 4455 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:36 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

3% isn’t ‘only just better’

He achieved 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons, with a budget in the lower third of the table, so yes I do think he did a good job

Well according to him he had a free hand but could only manage an average of about 50% of the points to play for. I'm not sure how you can consider that much better than RK & PJ.

Remember over the season the final placings may well be down to how others perform.
MM should have easily got ITFC to an auto promotion place - given Town's league position at the new year but his team only qualified for a P.O. place by the failure of others

You are going to have to work harder to try & demonstrate MM was anything other than an average manager
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:43 - Apr 18 with 4454 viewschristiand

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:38 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Depends which fixtures you want to cherry pick doesn't it?

Yes, lets not focus too much on a declining trend towards the end. It's myth that all was fine and dandy, lets not forget MM had a far better squad at his disposal than the current crop and things were going down the swanny even then.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:43 - Apr 18 with 4452 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:34 - Apr 18 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not turning on him, I just don't think he's done a very good job thus far. I'm sure he'd agree to be fair.

As for signings, we got Garner and Waghorn because they were out of favour at Rangers. Didz was out of favour at Forest and Murphy was way down the pecking order at Celtic. I'm not sure those kinds of players, especially on loan or short term deals, would have been unrealistic targets for us in January. Financially they would have been well within budget given what Quaner and Keane cost.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:47 - Apr 18 with 4440 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:42 - Apr 18 by No9

Well according to him he had a free hand but could only manage an average of about 50% of the points to play for. I'm not sure how you can consider that much better than RK & PJ.

Remember over the season the final placings may well be down to how others perform.
MM should have easily got ITFC to an auto promotion place - given Town's league position at the new year but his team only qualified for a P.O. place by the failure of others

You are going to have to work harder to try & demonstrate MM was anything other than an average manager

That is the most bonkers post I've read on here, so kudos for that.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 4438 viewsPJH

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:43 - Apr 18 by christiand

Yes, lets not focus too much on a declining trend towards the end. It's myth that all was fine and dandy, lets not forget MM had a far better squad at his disposal than the current crop and things were going down the swanny even then.

Results in February and early March would suggest it was better than fine and dandy.
Admittedly 4 of those 6 were away where no doubt MM and his players were happier playing.

About to go out so bye for now.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:50 - Apr 18 with 4437 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:43 - Apr 18 by christiand

Agreed. Season 2015 /16 won 18 goals for 53 goals against 51
No a wonderful scenario is it?
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:52 - Apr 18 with 4430 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:42 - Apr 18 by No9

LOL, ok

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 4425 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:41 - Apr 18 by BrixtonBlue

You think it's sensible to turn on Lambert this early into his tenure?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 13:42]

Given that we’ve been relegated without putting up a fight, I think there’s grounds to criticise the job he’s done so far, yes

He does of course deserve the opportunity to have a full Summer to put his stamp on the side and turn things around next season, but as it stands his reckon is pretty abysmal, even allowing for the situation he inherited

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:57 - Apr 18 with 4421 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:52 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL, ok

Pit you never wanted better for ITFC
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:01 - Apr 18 with 4415 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:57 - Apr 18 by No9

Pit you never wanted better for ITFC

Can’t believe I’ve been trolled so obviously 😂🙈

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:02 - Apr 18 with 4414 viewsHerbivore

Sigh.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:07 - Apr 18 with 4378 viewschristiand

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 14:02 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

Sigh.

Hmmm...

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:14 - Apr 18 with 4371 viewschristiand

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 13:48 - Apr 18 by PJH

Results in February and early March would suggest it was better than fine and dandy.
Admittedly 4 of those 6 were away where no doubt MM and his players were happier playing.

About to go out so bye for now.

So no trend to speak of, so lets ignore that. Moving on!

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:29 - Apr 18 with 4355 viewsPJH

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:14 - Apr 18 by christiand

So no trend to speak of, so lets ignore that. Moving on!

In that case we can ignore the seven games that followed that non trend-MM's last seven.

No trend to speak of.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:40 - Apr 18 with 4344 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:29 - Apr 18 by PJH

In that case we can ignore the seven games that followed that non trend-MM's last seven.

No trend to speak of.

It's only a trend if it's the right selection of games to make it look a certain way apparently.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:41 - Apr 18 with 4344 viewslongtimefan

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 15:29 - Apr 18 by PJH

No trend to speak of.

"Town's league position at the new year but his team only qualified for a P.O. place by the failure of others"

How does anyone qualify for a play-off position then? I'd say by accumulating more points than them during a season i.e. the failure of others to do the same

Edit: Sorry PJH. Didn't mean to append to your post!
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 15:44]
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:27 - Apr 18 with 4305 viewspatrickswell

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 16:26 - Apr 17 by No9

We should not try to hide the fact that Town haven't had a decent manager for a very long while.
There is no point in making out things were good when they weren't.

We have to hope ME has learned ( a vVERY expensive lesson ) & will now try to stabilise ITFC to build a better future.

The memories of a decade of bad football will not fade immediately.
Last Saturday the 2nd half raised made us remember what excitement is

The only time in the last decade that the football hasn't been bad, in terms of the team doing well, was under Mick McCarthy. Yes, I understand that it got stale towards the end, but with last season's squad, he was only a fit creative midfield away from getting to the top 6.

I'd sooner relive Mick's tenure with its peaks and troughs, than the utter car crashes that characterised Keane, Jewell and Hurst's tenures, which is why attempts to drag Mick into the crap that has characterised ITFC in this decade will always be rebutted.. Jury still out on Lambert, but I hope he sets us up for a roaring 20s. However, he's light years away from being compared to Mick as an ITFC manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024