Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! 13:04 - Apr 17 with 25452 viewsStewards_Enquiry

Why do the tabloids and radio stations keep saying Ipswich got what they deserved for getting rid of over achiever MM ?

Do they not look at the Stats ? last 21 Games in charge hailed 15 points, yes we were safe but that and his gesture at Norwich away to our Fans should have seen him sacked there and then !

Nobody is happy with relegation and none (well not many) saw it coming ! It has, we move on, the club is bigger than any manager!

COYB

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:16 - Apr 18 with 4299 viewsBluebell

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:51 - Apr 18 by Mullet

That's not really true is it?

Campbell was in non-league 2 years after us and making no more than 7 appearances for a club before retiring.

The difference being that Mick crafted a team out of what he had that played to its strengths and got results. Quaner is a Premier League player, whether he's a good one is debatable, but Lambert has had far more resources to work with however you cut it.

Mick was bringing players Moshni off the bench and shoehorning Wellens in to left wing etc. Just doing down that miracle doesn't serve to save Lambert face, it just highlights how good Mick was for us throughout his time here.

It's uncomfortable truth, but again all I see is his critics bringing him to get themselves angry and embarrassed. Sacking him has cost us our championship status, our best players and millions of quid as well as years of progress potentially.

We can have our club back as much as we want, but that will only last so long if we are midtable and show no signs of promotion next season.

^This^

It is funny how people want to re-write Ipswich Town 'history' to match their own agendas.

Mick McCarthy was 'our' manager for 5 years. Why shouldn't he be mentioned now and again? Paul Hurst was our manager for 16 weeks and I have a feeling he will be mentioned forever!
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:16 - Apr 18 with 4294 viewsMullet

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:09 - Apr 18 by Hoppersblue10

Not on here for an argument at all.
If anyone really thinks that PL has had “better resources” available to him than MM did last season then I stand corrected 👍🏻

Ah wrong end of the stick, I'd totally agree and no one would say otherwise, but Hurst sold them. I thought you meant when he came in in comparison - the job PL has done here simply hasn't recreated Mick's at any point.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:40 - Apr 18 with 4228 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 17:42 - Apr 17 by PJH

and your opinion is that Town have not had a decent manager for a very long while.

Correct!
According to the 'stats' the last oen was Joe Royale
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:42 - Apr 18 with 4227 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:40 - Apr 18 by No9

Correct!
According to the 'stats' the last oen was Joe Royale

But in reality our last decent manager was MM.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:49 - Apr 18 with 4222 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:42 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

But in reality our last decent manager was MM.

What I posted was according to the 'stats' -
MM's record of wins was 37%.
Paul Jewel's record of wins was 34% as was Roy Keane's
&, don't forget MM's was at ITFC longer so had a much better opportunity to improve his win record.

As an aside JR got 43% (42.9%)wins & George Burley 45%
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:52 - Apr 18 with 4208 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:49 - Apr 18 by No9

&, don't forget MM's was at ITFC longer so had a much better opportunity to improve his win record.

I see you don't do context.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:54 - Apr 18 with 4205 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:49 - Apr 18 by No9

That completely ignores that those managers were managing Ipswich in very different circumstances though

Just posting stats without context, you could argue that Burley was actually cr*p as his win rate in the top division was rubbish compared to Robson’s, for example...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:55 - Apr 18 with 4201 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:52 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

I see you don't do context.

No. To make it easy for you I did % wins for an ITFC manager.
Put it into context Joe Royale had the most difficult time with no money.
George Burley was in a promotion and PL mode

the others just had to improve on Town's propotion opportunities

The big one = the P.O. was perhaps MM's biggest failure = the game at Norwich 1 shot on goal = from a GK mistake
Login to get fewer ads

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:58 - Apr 18 with 4193 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:55 - Apr 18 by No9

The big one = the P.O. was perhaps MM's biggest failure = the game at Norwich 1 shot on goal = from a GK mistake

As you clearly don't do context there is zero point in debating with you. Good day.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:59 - Apr 18 with 4189 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:58 - Apr 18 by Herbivore

As you clearly don't do context there is zero point in debating with you. Good day.

You don't have a point ?
Maybe you don't understand statistics?
Maybe you didn't go to PR until MM arrived?
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:01 - Apr 18 with 4185 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:55 - Apr 18 by No9

Joe Royle (note the spelling) had no money but did inherit an excellent squad and academy products, and was competing in a division at the time where generally speaking the other teams didn’t have much of a budget either. That’s not to dismiss the job he did here- he was an excellent manager that did a fantastic job for us

McCarthy also had pretty much no money, took over a team rooted at the bottom of the league in a division where other clubs have been spending tens of millions. Despite this he dragged us to safety, achieved 4 top half finishes out of 5 and left us in a much better state to which he found us

Any chance of that final paragraph in the form of a sentence?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:06 - Apr 18 with 4172 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:01 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Joe Royle (note the spelling) had no money but did inherit an excellent squad and academy products, and was competing in a division at the time where generally speaking the other teams didn’t have much of a budget either. That’s not to dismiss the job he did here- he was an excellent manager that did a fantastic job for us

McCarthy also had pretty much no money, took over a team rooted at the bottom of the league in a division where other clubs have been spending tens of millions. Despite this he dragged us to safety, achieved 4 top half finishes out of 5 and left us in a much better state to which he found us

Any chance of that final paragraph in the form of a sentence?

The answer to your last para is No, because I am sure you can understand it.

I also take issue with you over the statement MM left Town in a much better state than he found them. What he got from Jewel was some good players that didn't function. What he left was a very unhappy club, a long injury list and a demoralised fanbase.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:10 - Apr 18 with 4165 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:06 - Apr 18 by No9

The answer to your last para is No, because I am sure you can understand it.

I also take issue with you over the statement MM left Town in a much better state than he found them. What he got from Jewel was some good players that didn't function. What he left was a very unhappy club, a long injury list and a demoralised fanbase.

For someone that likes stats so much, it’s odd that you don’t see being in the top half of the table as better than bottom and 5 points adrift of safety

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:13 - Apr 18 with 4158 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:10 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

For someone that likes stats so much, it’s odd that you don’t see being in the top half of the table as better than bottom and 5 points adrift of safety

Where did I say that ?
& why don't you ever address the real issues ?

MM's time at PR saw a decline in football, town lost it's reputation for fair play going to games was a dismal experience & MM's best season saw him just get above an average of 1.5 points per game.

If you think that is good FB management then your standrards are very low
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:16 - Apr 18 with 4153 viewslongtimefan

Talking about context, I'm pretty sure MM didn't tell Berra to handle the ball and get sent off in The big one = the P.O.= the game at Norwich
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:18 - Apr 18 with 4145 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:13 - Apr 18 by No9

Where did I say that ?
& why don't you ever address the real issues ?

MM's time at PR saw a decline in football, town lost it's reputation for fair play going to games was a dismal experience & MM's best season saw him just get above an average of 1.5 points per game.

If you think that is good FB management then your standrards are very low

I would suggest the reason for Town’s decline sits elsewhere - which is why McCarthy’s record is substantially better than any other manager of the Marcus Evans era 🙂

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:20 - Apr 18 with 4139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 18:29 - Apr 17 by longtimefan

You had better go and tell Sean Dyche that his time at Burnley is up as well then, seeing as they lost to Lincoln in the next round and what with them being a Premier League team

Did they play as poorly as we did on BBC 1, have they been regularly knocked out of cup competitions by lower league clubs for years and years, and have they been poor to watch for a long time as well?

Nobody sacks a manager due to one game, it's a culmination of stuff.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:24 - Apr 18 with 4126 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 10:59 - Apr 18 by No9

You don't have a point ?
Maybe you don't understand statistics?
Maybe you didn't go to PR until MM arrived?

I said good day.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:26 - Apr 18 with 4115 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:51 - Apr 18 by Mullet

That's not really true is it?

Campbell was in non-league 2 years after us and making no more than 7 appearances for a club before retiring.

The difference being that Mick crafted a team out of what he had that played to its strengths and got results. Quaner is a Premier League player, whether he's a good one is debatable, but Lambert has had far more resources to work with however you cut it.

Mick was bringing players Moshni off the bench and shoehorning Wellens in to left wing etc. Just doing down that miracle doesn't serve to save Lambert face, it just highlights how good Mick was for us throughout his time here.

It's uncomfortable truth, but again all I see is his critics bringing him to get themselves angry and embarrassed. Sacking him has cost us our championship status, our best players and millions of quid as well as years of progress potentially.

We can have our club back as much as we want, but that will only last so long if we are midtable and show no signs of promotion next season.

"Lambert has had far more resources to work with however you cut it."

What?!?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:27 - Apr 18 with 4110 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 07:56 - Apr 18 by Mullet

You were proven wrong about this last time you mentioned it, and now you've tried to shift it to a season where we finished 7th and not 6th as some sort of oracle type insight of "declining performances".

Your standards are generally inconsistent though, same as your bizarre views on Skuse and lack of condemnation for Hurst and Lambert.

Only someone with absolutely no patience would be condemning Lambert already.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:28 - Apr 18 with 4109 viewsNo9

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:18 - Apr 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I would suggest the reason for Town’s decline sits elsewhere - which is why McCarthy’s record is substantially better than any other manager of the Marcus Evans era 🙂

" substantially better"
Really ? His % win record is about the same as Jim Magilton & both are only 3% better than K&J
How do you make that substantially better?

& MM had much more time in the job to get better results & had the freedom to sign up 78 players to do it.
Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:29 - Apr 18 with 4105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:20 - Apr 18 by BrixtonBlue

Did they play as poorly as we did on BBC 1, have they been regularly knocked out of cup competitions by lower league clubs for years and years, and have they been poor to watch for a long time as well?

Nobody sacks a manager due to one game, it's a culmination of stuff.

They played as poorly as we did, have been awful to watch for ages and had recent cup exits prior to Accrington and Port Vale. The only bit the answer would be no to was that I don’t think the Lincoln game was on the BBC - but I don’t believe that’s down to the manager

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:30 - Apr 18 with 4100 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:05 - Apr 18 by Mullet

Who were all these strikers we had back then though?

I'm not being funny but if people keep bringing him up and he was that bad surely the facts speak for themselves?

Well there was Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick for starters. Murphy before that. An uninjured Sears. Celina providing goals... Fraser etc...

Lambert's had sod all to work with on the goalscoring front compared to Mick. Those are the facts that speak for themselves!

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:32 - Apr 18 with 4096 viewsHerbivore

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:30 - Apr 18 by BrixtonBlue

Well there was Waghorn, Garner and McGoldrick for starters. Murphy before that. An uninjured Sears. Celina providing goals... Fraser etc...

Lambert's had sod all to work with on the goalscoring front compared to Mick. Those are the facts that speak for themselves!

Mick signed those players.

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 11:33 - Apr 18 with 4091 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sick of MM being mentioned last 21 Games 15 points says enough surely ! on 08:16 - Apr 18 by Bluebell

^This^

It is funny how people want to re-write Ipswich Town 'history' to match their own agendas.

Mick McCarthy was 'our' manager for 5 years. Why shouldn't he be mentioned now and again? Paul Hurst was our manager for 16 weeks and I have a feeling he will be mentioned forever!

Sorry Bellers but it's absolute nonsense to say Lambert has had far more resources to work with than Mick.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024